Sonic

New RA3 Unit - The "Mammoth Tank"

A new unit profile has been added to the Official C&C Site. This one features the latest addition to the Soviet faction, their all new "Mammoth Tank". Complete with in game screen shots, concept art and a short video.

emamtank.jpg

How Soviet High Command came into possession of such beasts, and why they suddenly had such a keen interest in weaponizing the enormous creatures, was beyond him. It defied all logic, but then, the war had long turned surreal for men like Petrokov, who never was the type to question authority. One thing was for certain, however: He was going to need bigger shovels.

Click here for the full "Mammoth Tank" profile.

It's so believable, and a great satire and joke. Nicely done, happy AFD everyone! :D

Mammoths. Why did it have to be mammoths?

...when it could have been snakes.

They should have create a Godzilla for EotRS and probably Cloverfield for Allies too.

They should have create a Godzilla for EotRS and probably Cloverfield for Allies too.

Nah, Mr T as a hero, driving around in a modified Guardian tank.With a special ability where he enters trough the commanders hatch, saying some awesome Quotes

""Bears???I pity you fool!U're a discrace to humanity!How bout doing the bear his work yourself sucker???""

You know that mammoth tank concept art is going to go on a gazillion demotionval and other random posters. :P

You know that mammoth tank concept art is going to go on a gazillion demotionval and other random posters. :P

You can make one C&C demotivational poster now.

weird....look how mammy fire the cannon...

i thought it diminish the accuracy & gonna spray the shell but pretty accurate when hit a target. no collateral damage.

at last..stampede!!!

p/s: reminds me Battle of Hoth.

Haha nicely done. XD I actually hope it's not an April Fools joke. That looks awesome. O_o

See what they did there with Yuri?

"As the temportal technology stabilized, envoys were sent from each major superpower to forge relations and set up beneficial alliances. Despite taking all possible precautionary measures, no commander could have foreseen that one temportal would be controlled from the other side by a malevolent force bent on the subjugation of all mankind. With that man firmly in control of the gateway and now stranded in prehistory, the beleaguered Allied and Soviet forces were forced to band together once more to survive the onslaught of prehistoric vermin sent to slaughter them. Having only brought a bare-bones cache of weapons remaining, and no fuel, Allied and Soviet engineers were forced to make do with any and all available resources."

I think it would be pretty sweet to fight a prehistoric war against Yuri.

Some CNC sites says it's real that it will be put in a future RA3 patch, maybe patch 1.10. I doubted that because this unit has some things that doesn't make sense. Who wants an elephant plus tank armor to call it a mammoth tank? RA3 already has one as the Apoc Tank. Some people now don't want this unit into the patch and I am one of them.

Most of the people in the CNC community thought that this model in RA3 is a joke and it appears when this unit goes official in the RA3 factions bracket, then it's official.

It isn't real its a joke.

Yes its a joke.

If i remember correctly, this April Fools gag is based off the "War Masterdon" - a unit that was cut from RA: Uprising.

If i remember correctly, this April Fools gag is based off the "War Masterdon" - a unit that was cut from RA: Uprising.

I don't think so, its this model (slightly changed of course) from BfME 2....

mumakil.jpg

I don't think so, its this model (slightly changed of course) from BfME 2....

mumakil.jpg

It was mentioned in that Xfire chat log a while back.

And yes, i spotted that part of the model was based on the Mumakil.

I'm not a LOTR fan, however I am aware of a mammoth like creature in LOTR and also, EALA worked on a LOTR based games using the same SAGE engine. So probably they rehash the model and replace the bunker like thingy with C&C3 GDI mammoth turret.

It's so believable

Not really... Well at least one guy fell for it :P

Who fell for it?

What I meant was the unit's model and animation ingame looks quite suitable in Uprising. Besides, RA3 is full of wacky and funny units.