Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spydr331

XCC Mixer Problem

Guest Spydr331

ok i took an SHP

i extracted the animations as a bunch of PCX files

i edited every single image with a person in it

now i am trying to save it as an SHP

it goes all the way to the last image (no matter what the image is) and then says the following:

copy of stln 0569.pcx failed, error 1024: Bad filename. All files should have a name like "image ####.pcx" where #### is the zero base.

as you can see... name is already correct... but it keeps happening... i had originally tried to save it at the point where the actual animations stopped which is in like the 200s area and this probablem still came up...

i will keep looking for problems but if anyone knows whats going on please

HELP ME

Guest Spydr331

yeah i found out that somehow all the images i worked on got saved in a 24 bit format... i dont know how to change a large quantity of them back into 8bit... im looking for a program to use to change them all at once but if you have any suggestions id like to hear them! they are all PCX files that i edited... all 200 something... and i cant go through every single one changing it into an 8bit file...

help...

Guest Spydr331

they are all 8 bit now! so that problem is fixed... it saved as an SHP which is also good... but now a whole new problem has come up... the shp backgrounds are all different colors now... i had saved them all with a blue background just like they originally were and now for some reason they are all different colors and the unit itself has instances of different coloring and missing pixels of color that have become the same color as the background... the palet is uttem or whatever it is called like the original SHP was... but it still wont work... more help is needed i gues?

Guest Spydr331

i sent the SHP to the sn listen from your website... thanks for the help

Guest Spydr331

it did not send... it says the sn doesnt exist... you got a different sn?

Guest Spydr331

sent to stealth again

Uhm, I found your problem. None of the images matched. You'll have to do all of your work again.

Did you, by chance, use PCX (single) and not know how to convert it back?

Guest Spydr331

could you explain what you mean a little bit more thorough?

Um, the background colors were all wrong, a lot of images were different sizes and it looks as though wrong palette was used.

Did you use PCX (single) to do your editing?

Guest Spydr331

thats cause the topic is called XCC Mixer problem.... the background colors WERE all blue and all the files were fine all the same sizes but when i compiled them into an SHP it turned out like that... i dunno what happened?

i extracted like 700 PCX files but i saved the numbers to be the same amount of images as a brute... eventhuogh i dont think that should matter that much... so in other words i didnt extract as single....

Extract as a single and re-edit your file. I'll teach you how to convert that back to SHP when you're ready.

Guest Spydr331

so there is way to make a completely unique unit huh? cause as you saw, may guy does a bunch of stuff that i took off of other units and further edited... the stuff i did would only work when the SHP is seprated into many PCX files and if i cant get it like that i probably wont bother doing it agani

Guest Spydr331

maybe i could send you some of the pcx files so i could show that they are all basically the same? there has to be a way for this to work.... i mean you got an SHPs that are extremely complicated, extremely simple, and just dont make sense.. ive seen the deezire mod and they got this weird SHP of a guy with the body of a terrordrone basically and a top of a normal person... why cant i have a guy that weilds a chair and dies by getting smashed through a table!?

You can, easily. It's just clever SHP editing. Just edit the frames as you did before.

The Terror Drone with a guy on top is actually the Cyborg Reaper from Firestorm.

Guest Spydr331

hey im clever! thats why my SHP makes no sense... cause it is unique and clever... like me! lol... i got all those pcx images waiting to be turned into a tank flinging chair weilding maniac! i will send the first 8 pcx files since they are ALL messed up the first 8 should be enough to give you an idea of how they are not as screwed up as they seem...

Edit the SHP and send it to me with converting it. I'll slap the palette on it and convert it back for you. ;)

Send as a single PCX file.

Guest Spydr331

ok i used the stln SHP as a base for my unit... would it be easier to just edit it from the extracted STLN PCX file or from my unit's messed up SHP?

Edit from the extracted file. Yours is just too corrupt and I could spend hours upon hours trying to fix it.

Guest Spydr331

actually ive been working on the one that was corrupt, its actually alot easier once all the backgrounds are set to the correct blue background which is also easy although tedius... i really dont wanna edit the stln PCX cause it has alot more moves than i need... like for instance i dont want my unit to crawl... once i get it done in either PCX it will be alot easier to change it to the other so its up to you since you are the master >bows in reverence<

Guest Spydr331

sending the fixed one for your approval...