Sign in to follow this  
Accessless

Tib3 Kane's Wrath: Is it possible...

I know that there is no editor for Tiberium Wars Kane’s Wrath, but is it possible to edit the game in some way to deactivate Super Weapons and Epic Units? I really liked how in the older games you could alter the technology level in skirmishes so that it wasn't a rush to whoever could build the Epic Units & Super Weapons first. The Westwood staff worked hard to create lots of interesting balanced units. I for one would like to see a game through, the old fashioned way; with strategy, planning & skilled deployment.

I would love to see the EA logo removed from the game and see it replaced by a Westwood one (a new logo). Not that I'm overlooking EA's financial importance to the game.

On a side note will there ever be an editor made for this game?

Edited by Accessless

Why?

Westwood didn't make Kanes Wrath, nor did EALA for that matter, however they atleast payed for it.

Was it only the Tiberium Wars that EA got the original Westwood team together to make?

Edited by Accessless

Nope, I'm pretty sure that was just EA.

So, getting back onto track. How would I go about getting rid of super Weapons & Epic Tanks?

There is no way on KW as there was no SDK released. however it is possible to do it on TW, but i wouldn't have a clue how, i don't mod new games.

Are they planning to release an sdk? Or did they for go it for other games?

No there won't be an sdk for KW, they moved on to RA3 and they're next game.

Problem is, modding ABILITY was implemented on TW with a patch. A patch that was made for TW AFTER they split off to work on KW. You might remember the "legacy bugs" in KW, where issues arose that were long fixed in TW, because KW wasn't built on the latest version of TW. Well, because of that, it has no modding support either.