Sonic

Quick Preview of Red Alert for the iPhone

Touch Arcade have posted a first look at EA's upcoming iPhone game, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, direct from E3. Just by looking at the first screen shot, seen below, you can immediately see that it is no cheap port of the original Red Alert. Its an impressive looking brand new game set in the Red Alert universe.

ra_iphone.jpg

EA had an early build of their real-time strategy game Command & Conquer for the iPhone. The game is expected by the end of the year and has been adapted to the iPhone's full touch screen. The demo unit they had only had a single large "sandbox" mode for show purposes but the full version will have full campaign mode.

And now here's the good part, watch a video of Red Alert for the iPhone in action.....

Click here for the original article at Touch Arcade.

Sweet. I'll get it.

Looks like it has better graphics than RA3 on my computer...

They should release a port of this on the NDS or something :P

Looks like RA2 and RA3 merged.

Looks like RA2 and RA3 merged.

Yeah, when I first saw it I thought it was RA2. :)

They should release a port of this on the NDS or something :P

Not a bad idea. I'd actually prefer it on the DS.

Hey that's great... *much* better than the C&C mobile game in terms of interface. Although I don't have and never plan to buy an iphone... so I guess I'll miss out there.

Wow, i have to say i'm impressed.

It looks really good

Red iPhalert =

+ RA1 (heavy tank)

+ RA2 (coils, warfactory, barracks, tesla reactors, kirovs)

+ RA3 (migs, airfield, bears, apocalypse, icons style)

+ WarCraft3 (landscape style, trees)

:huh:

i cant see the vedio :mellow:

This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.

The video should play now. I found another copy of it and uploaded to the CNCNZ.com YouTube Channel, quality is not as good though.

I guess the other people didn't like all the sites linking to their video, which is silly, defeats the purpose of YouTube.

That's silly alright!

ha. thats what i did when i got my first widescreen monitor. zooming in and out looking at the units and terrain like i was stoned or something. not knowing what to do next :D

Just decided to see what jetset were up to today and noticed this blog...

touch-screen-input-vs-game-design

The RTS genre came about because of the emergence of a new input device: the mouse. If input drives innovation, there’s likely a whole new genre or two worth of games just waiting to be realized with the new input methods we have to work with on the iPhone. It’s just going to be a matter of recognizing what’s not needed yet still “scratches the itch” for what users want in games vs. what you can do simply and elegantly.

It’ll be an ongoing challenge to find the right mix of input vs. feedback for any one game, but we’re certainly looking forward to travelling that road and seeing where it takes us.

more...