Luk3us

Command & Conquer 4 - Official Press Release

Well it looks like its official now. EA have released a press release on the development of Command and Conquer 4. We can expect to find out more about the game on BattleCast Primetime later in the month, as well as an exclusive cinematic trailer on Spike TV later in the month also.

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Behold disciples of Nod, the end is soon upon us. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced that, after almost 15 years and 30 million games sold, EALA is bringing the award-winning Tiberium series to an epic conclusion with Command & Conquer™ 4. Shipping in 2010, Command & Conquer 4 will introduce a multitude of innovations to the to the classic fast and fluid Command & Conquer gameplay while retaining the core compulsions that fans have come to love over the series’ history. Introducing new class-based gameplay, mobile bases and persistent player progression throughout all game modes, Command & Conquer 4 offers players new, innovative and compelling strategic depth.

“Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with an amazing 15-year legacy. We are thrilled to bring the dramatic Tiberium saga to a conclusion in Command & Conquer 4. This game is designed to give fans all the answers they’ve been looking for,” said Mike Glosecki, Lead Producer of Command & Conquer 4 at EA Los Angeles. “With its objective-based multiplayer mode, persistent player progression and all-in-one mobile base, players will experience Command & Conquer like never before.”

The story of Command & Conquer 4 takes place after the events of the critically acclaimed Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars™. The year is 2062 and humanity is at the brink of extinction. With only six years left until the mysterious crystalline structure Tiberium renders the earth entirely uninhabitable, the two opposing factions – Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod – inevitably find themselves in desperation for the same cause: to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind. The unthinkable becomes reality and Nod’s enigmatic leader Kane takes off for GDI headquarters. What is Kane planning in the heart of his enemies’ base? Command & Conquer 4 draws the epic conclusion to the beloved Tiberium universe, where fans will learn the fate of Earth, Nod, Tiberium, GDI and most importantly, Kane’s motivations behind his decade-long plan.

In addition to the two campaigns on the epic battles of GDI and Nod, which players will get to conquer alone or in a cooperative mode, Command & Conquer 4 will also feature a new 5v5 objective-based multiplayer mode, promoting teamwork and cooperation and delivering a social real-time-strategy experience never seen before in a Command & Conquer game.

Command & Conquer 4 is being developed at EA Los Angeles and will ship to retailers in 2010 for the PC. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI. For more information about the game, please visit www.commandandconquer.com or follow the community and development team on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ea_apoc. The July 24th episode of BattleCast™ PrimeTime will give fans the latest news and exclusive information on Command & Conquer 4. Additionally, Gametrailers TV will exclusively reveal the first cinematic trailer for Command & Conquer 4 in its July 23rd episode on SPIKE TV.

To view the entire press release, click here.

Any ideas how can we acquire the C&C4 title psd files and layers? Since they are asking the fans to make subheading for the game, providing these files should help us a lot.

Lol to Kane's pic, now his red glowing eyes remind me of terminator.

HA HA HA HA i have the power! i think

is the beta card from red alert 3 for this game

if so

I HAVE THE POWER!

Do you remember the RA3 Premier edition? Beta key FTW people. ^_^

Any ideas how can we acquire the C&C4 title psd files and layers? Since they are asking the fans to make subheading for the game, providing these files should help us a lot.

Don't think we will see those released but you never know. I expect TSHyper will recreate the current C&C 4 logo at some stage.

is the beta card from red alert 3 for this game

Yes it is.

they better include scrin in this game

I suppose so, since the end of C&C3, the Scrin Overlord said they'll come back for a much larger full scale assault. So I fear the battle ain't gonna be between GDI & Nod like old times, it's still going to be 3.

Guest Stevie_K
So I fear the battle ain't gonna be between GDI & Nod like old times, it's still going to be 3.

Maybe 4 with Cabal :unsure:

How do I get the powaa!? I want into the beta too :(

Maybe 4 with Cabal :unsure:

How do I get the powaa!? I want into the beta too :(

Cabal is already completely dead, it is sad when I read all about him back in KW. LEGION is the new & improved CABAL except he'll keep on obeying Kane, no matter if Kane is dead or alive and will never betray the original Nod cause.

AND having 4 faction is a bigger gamble, imagine that, Warcraft 3 already got 4 factions and the gamble & huge risk paid off when they expanded it from Humans & Orcs then finally added Night Elves & the Undead. If EA will take 4, such risk already can spawn outcry among ourselves again. 3 is already what we're used to, so it's best to stick with 3, no need to go even further.

Cabal is already completely dead, it is sad when I read all about him back in KW. LEGION is the new & improved CABAL except he'll keep on obeying Kane, no matter if Kane is dead or alive and will never betray the original Nod cause.

AND having 4 faction is a bigger gamble, imagine that, Warcraft 3 already got 4 factions and the gamble & huge risk paid off when they expanded it from Humans & Orcs then finally added Night Elves & the Undead. If EA will take 4, such risk already can spawn outcry among ourselves again. 3 is already what we're used to, so it's best to stick with 3, no need to go even further.

I strongly disagree.

Maybe I can be wrong. But never mind, I'm no anti-Cabal protester. All I know was just, well, these stuff above.

By the way, I hope EVA returns, enough with the uses of officers to play the role as EVA, our original EVA is computerized and the GDI AI we know.

Edited by Silverthorn

Well I'm not really that pro-CABAL, but it'd be awesome if they would implement 5 factions (including forgotten), either in the game or in expansion packs, I don't care. I just want the Forgotten ;)

Shucks, I knew I forgot something again, hence the name itself. Yes, I hope they better feature the Forgotten and I wonder what will they say when Earth is slowly becoming uninhabitable. Can they live in this kind of condition? Will they except the Scrin?

Most of all, hopefully they better show up in the FMVs like Tiberian Sun was.

Speaking of adding factions here and there, 4 can be lethal if EA is not careful, Blizzard gone through it and it paid off when they gamble with WC3 like I did mention. But 5? That is suicidal, man! EA will be gambling the franchise AND our fandom with it.

Edited by Silverthorn

Awesome! I must find a way into the beta...>_>

Thanks for reminding. Now I'm worrying I may not be able to have the time to play the beta, and worrying that my computer cants support this upcoming product.

I believe that in C&C3 that was not the last we saw the scrin. Scripting similarly to Stargate, in which the folks kick Ra's ass, the sequel continues with expanded villains and stuff, and I believe that formula will be applied in C&C4.

Edited by Malevolence

technically cabal never betrayed the original Nod cause. he became an enemy because the main Nod powers-that-be were straying from the Nod cause, or something like that

i wouldn't mind the Forgotten as a faction..

technically cabal never betrayed the original Nod cause. he became an enemy because the main Nod powers-that-be were straying from the Nod cause, or something like that

i wouldn't mind the Forgotten as a faction..

CABAL was just one bizarro version of Zordon, you get the idea. :lol:

Part me off me says leave them out for the expansion pack. Think of a massive Scrin invasion force showing up in the suburbs of Earth or something like that.

Besides who made up the bull**** rule that RTS games must have 3 factions anyway?

Starcraft I made the rule!

:)

So far the best news I've heard about C&C4 is that it's coming out in 2010, not 2009.

Part me off me says leave them out for the expansion pack. Think of a massive Scrin invasion force showing up in the suburbs of Earth or something like that.

Besides who made up the bull**** rule that RTS games must have 3 factions anyway?

I do not think it has to be a rule to have a compulsory "3 faction" concept in RTSes. I don't really like the overall Scrin designs in C&C3, and I find it pretty amusing to see multiplayer lobby filled with "1V1 NO Scrin!" "Noob only. Scrin=kick" "Scrin not allow" etc etc.

Its alright with solely GDI vs Nod, if EA does it right with the "subdivided each of our factions into three upgradable classes" thing mentioned in the first Gamespot interview, i'm not expecting some sort of subfaction simple concept we seen in ZH or KW, but something more diverse or so.

Obviously if they restricted themselves to 2 factions, they should be able to focus on unit diversity which I agree is a good thing, I just feel that the Scrin are crucial for storyline purposes... as IMO Kane was always trying to make contact with them.

scrin were introduced and tied into the story & gameplay, it would make sense to keep them in. maybe redesign them, the previous scrin forces being a preliminary attack force not so similar to a more advanced force..

and if there is another faction, the new faction has to have a different agenda than all others.

the forgotten make sense even though their intent is similar to Nod's

Nope, it's just some parts are hard to solve, like the Scrin.

But anyway, Starcraft is 1 game with 3 factions and people don't mind. AND also Warcraft 3, with 4 factions instead, and guess what, they also don't mind instead of complaining like us. I don't understand, how come people do not complain a 3 or 4 faction Blizzard game while the EA RTS games are all received complaints when they're in their 3 or 4 faction state?