Commander A9

EA: No bases in C&C4

Yeah EALA just lost me too, I'm not buying C&C 4.

Thats an ironic statement you made there. NSG, teh no. 1 EALA fan? :unsure:

I don't see how this is such an outrage- The franchise had to move on eventually after 15 whopping years. There was a Gamestar podcast on this, with two opposing sides regarding this change in gameplay, and the one who was in favour of it said it well (paraphrased): "If this change wouldn't have been made, what would have separated CnC3 from CnC4? The graphics are the same, the units are the same, the story still centers on Nod and GDI, and FMVs are retained, too. If they wouldn't have changed anything, you would have bought the same game three years after TW. Now where's the sense in that?".

If thats true, the difference of C&C3 and C&C4 is merely the crawler change, that will be a major disappointment. Hopefully EALA doesn't do that.

Edited by Malevolence

Well TBH I really like the proud step EA is taking.

But it might just be the "I-want-to-see-the-world-as-****ed-up-as-in-Tiberian-Sun"-me speaking.

When I was little I played this fun game named Cyberstorm that had mechs in it.

So basically, for me, C&C4 is a combination of Tiberian Sun and Cyberstorm. That game sounds PERFECT for me.

Also, you are going to have SOME buildings before you can upgrade your Crawler to actually start producing. I believe.

AND! If you are a sucker for building stuff: play defensive side. They have the biggest amount of building-buildabilty.

So, I salute you EA for taking this brave step. You might be called "money-eager-scumbags" (which you are) and "game-ruiners" (which you also are) but don't worry, changes ARE essential. But please, don't deeply listen to the community and most of all DON'T. THINK. ABOUT. MAKING. MONEY. think what is the BEST for the franchise. You **** up C&C4, you **** up your name in the eyes of the C&C fans.

Even the hardest of C&C fans (who have taunted you for countless of changes) will burst to tears if you make it end... perfectly.

Doctor Destiny: Erm, what has the gameplay have to do with the setting? You're mixing up your aspects here.

I made a clear distinction already. The game play is a huge part of the C&C name and it's changed from the specific construction yard->build to something many games have done before and it doesn't really work that well to be perfectly honest. I want a huge sprawling base, not one dumb structure that does everything. It just promotes the gangrush on one player since it's only one structure. ****ing lame.

Why is a game in the same setting with base-building not generic sci-fi with Tiberium? Beats me...

It depends on the game. C&C was something special, something inspiring. If the story is good, that will be the game's only saving grace since multiplayer will probably be ruined.

Also, if not now, when then? Would those who whine now not whine when it changes in Gens2? RA4? Give me a break.

I would say something then too. As much as Generals isn't as C&C, it still dons the C&C moniker and I would have to voice my opinion against the Crawler type setup. Generals and Zero Hour have the perfect build system with workers/dozers. There is no need to change the system to something that doesn't work as well.

Besides, it's not that big of a change. Now it's simply Build your crawler-->upgrade your crawler-->get an army-->attack.

It's actually a very big change. The difference between this and prior games will be time, and multiple production structures. It would be silly to get another giant walker just for another factory. This idea seems to really destroy the multiplayer aspect, which I don't understand since that's what TW and RA3 were made for.

Don't forget the class system. The defense class, which is able to build defense and support structures, probably has to work co-operatively with other classes to achieve victory, since the crawler itself does not stand a chance against a huge opposing force. If balanced correctly, this could be great in MP (teamplay!), especially if the objective-based MP is imaginative.

Malevolence/Nmenth: The crawler isn't the only change, no. There's also the class-based factions, objectives in MP, darker FMVs and progressive upgrading. Imho all this sounds mouthwatering and epic, if, again, done correctly.

Nmenth: The crawler isn't the only change, no.

In case you didn't catch that, it was sarcasm. Like actual confusion over a misleading sentence, only without the actual or the confusion, just the misleading sentence. Oh, yeah, and this paragraph is also made from 98% sarcasm and 2% preservatives to prolong shelf life.

If this change wouldn't have been made, what would have separated CnC3 from CnC4?

This phrase implied that the Crawler was necessary because it was the only thing separating C&C 3 and C&C 4.

Guest Stevie_K
"I-want-to-see-the-world-as-****ed-up-as-in-Tiberian-Sun"

!!HELL YEAH!! :clap::shotdown::drunk:

I never play World in Conflict but it's better have base building or either unit production, if you have no base or unit production and just fight with what you got, that's more like the game Blitzkrieg which I used to play, I hate that game because of no base building & unit production! Just fight with what your current forces had.

EDIT 1 : I hope I didn't miss too many points and left behind by that. Especially I better hope C&C4 should have something is worth playing, because I hate C&C4 become the next Blitzkrieg game.

EDIT 2 : Oh yeah, finally what I saw when researched, it's RTT. I HATE RTT! I prefer real RTS with base building & unit production! RTT is just so not cool, much like I remember Chris Corry could not complete WiC.

Edited by Silverthorn

In WiC, you don't produce units, they're flown in at the start of the game. In CnC4, you produce them.

Thats an ironic statement you made there. NSG, teh no. 1 EALA fan? :unsure:

If thats true, the difference of C&C3 and C&C4 is merely the crawler change, that will be a major disappointment. Hopefully EALA doesn't do that.

Yeah I still don't know what they are doing to CNC but I don't think I will play it. I will buy and have it autographed but I want to see what they do before I make my final call. Yes...I know. I r there no. 1 fan, forever!

In WiC, you don't produce units, they're flown in at the start of the game. In CnC4, you produce them.

Phew, that was close, but still, I prefer a war factory to build the unit, NOT by purchasing and see the unit coming in from a transport. Any gameplay that I see such as WiC & Blitzkrieg that does not produce units or does not come out from a war factory means I classify them as RTT, I HATE RTT!

Guest Stevie_K
Yeah I still don't know what they are doing to CNC but I don't think I will play it. I will buy and have it autographed but I want to see what they do before I make my final call. Yes...I know. I r there no. 1 fan, forever!

Im going to buy it too no matter what. I have all other C&C games and im not giving up, bases or not. If it's fun I will play it, and if it is good game with relevance to TS I will definetly play it more.

Im going to buy it too no matter what. I have all other C&C games and im not giving up, bases or not. If it's fun I will play it, and if it is good game with relevance to TS I will definetly play it more.

Exactly my thoughts.

Exactly my thoughts.

Mine to. I buy first, then see if it was worth it later.

Well guys, don't forget that we still got a beta to test. You try it out first before you think about buying the real thing. ;)

Edited by Silverthorn

Guest Stevie_K

what do you mean about "we" :( I couldn't get my hands on that damn RA3 collecters edition..

Well.. guess I can download the demo whenever that comes..

For now, I declare that I'll have support for C&C4... unless some outrageous BS happens. We'll see about that. :)

I'm okay with the mobile base stuff.

Now it seems that there are two sides:

-"I'm fine with new 'crawler' idea, new innovation, let's rock!"

-"ZOMG NOOOO 'Crawler' =/= C&C!!! ZOMG!!!"

I say... why not have both of these ingame. No I'm not talking about defensive subfaction, but an option to choose before single player campaigns. You choose classic base building option to play OR the new "Crawler" mode. You get what I mean?

SO.... Basically why not have 2 versions of the similar SP campaigns with dual modes. That will please 2 classes of players, double the strategies in the same scenarios, and double the fun! :)

Yup, I call it "The best of both worlds" concept. Wonder if anybody else approves of this idea?

I approve of the idea "I'll see how it looks/plays when it comes out".

Yup, I call it "The best of both worlds" concept. Wonder if anybody else approves of this idea?

I'd rather the Crawler be something like a support power. Tech up high enough and gain access to mobile base.

Don't want Crawler, don't get it, simple as that. Now that would be best of both worlds, I think (and is what I expected when first news hit).

Yeap, I think it's also more like those Flash games that I play, like defend your castle, either you upgrade it with catapult towers, harder stones, spike barricades, arrow towers, soldiers will now have forged blades, gunman now have assault rifles in replace of old muskets, etc.. It's all about upgrade defensively & offensively.

Yup, you know your game has really made it when it contains all the cleverness of a flash game with improved graphics.

It's more or less a joke, even if it's true...

I sure hope so, bo. That's what I wish C&C4 has in use when they're using the Crawler rather than a complete new base and have to be built from the ConYard itself first.

Actually, that idea would also double the replayability, sure, the story remains the same but you get to try out the crawler in 3 different modes + the classical building style.

But for some reason I think EA is too stubborn to implement the classic building. I guess they'll just go "Play defensive!"