Sign in to follow this  
Silverthorn

C&C4 Soundtracks

After Malevolence opened the boxart thread, it's my turn to give in the soundtrack thread. What do you think?

It is obvious, bring in Frank Klepacki again!

BUT on one condition, NO MORE remix policies arranged by EA! Instinct & Warfare maybe my several favorites, but I will love the new composed music done if there's no remix policies (Which is the maintenance of the old game-feel) given from EA to Frank himself. Hell March 3 & Grinder 2 (I voted RA3's G2 as 2 Stars or no stars at all instead of the usual 4 in RA2) were not all that well received by many others, I voted HM3 as 3 Stars (or below. The reason is not completely brand new) instead of the usual 5 which I gave to HM2. So it's BRAND NEW & SHINY music, NO REMIXES! Seriously guys, do you want some of your favorite soundtracks to have the old Tiberian Dawn feel? Brand new is way better than a remix and I believe Frank can still please us with his creativity as long as EA doesn't stand in his & our way with anything as stupid as that remix policy.

Edited by Silverthorn

After the success of RA3, I hope EA use that approach to improve on the soundtrack for C&C4. I would love to see some updated remixes, though that will be kept to the minimum, some new version 2 and 3s of the original FK tracks, and more interesting tracks. Just use back the same team that does RA3 for crying out loud!

It'll be cool to see this made into a disc form in a potential Collector's Edition, hopefully a quality done disc with no buzz at the start and end of the track.

It is cool, but I fear about the remixes they're giving to Frank, especially like I mentioned HM3 & Grinder 2, when the remix policy was given, the results don't turn out very well & acceptable by many fans, "some like some hate" instead of the "all of us like it" as Westwood did with their RA2 soundtracks.

But still, I prefer a brand new shiny music though.

EDIT : Speaking of Collector's Edition, I don't just hope for a soundtrack CD, I also hope the dev team creates another special edition such as adding in a pewterine figure. Remember the RA2 Special Edition & the more recent Modern Warfare 2 special editions' Night Vision Goggles?

Edited by Silverthorn

It is cool, but I fear about the remixes they're giving to Frank, especially like I mentioned HM3 & Grinder 2, when the remix policy was given, the results don't turn out very well & acceptable by many fans, "some like some hate" instead of the "all of us like it" as Westwood did with their RA2 soundtracks.

But still, I prefer a brand new shiny music though.

Yea new music would be good though, but on the safe side, its always better to have a couple of remixes and some version 2 and 3's of the originals.

EDIT : Speaking of Collector's Edition, I don't just hope for a soundtrack CD, I also hope the dev team creates another special edition such as adding in a pewterine figure. Remember the RA2 Special Edition & the more recent Modern Warfare 2 special editions' Night Vision Goggles?

I know, I have been wishing for some pewter figurines too, but since this is a soundtrack topic I chose not to mention it.

That's alright, Mal. It's just we have to ensure that EA does it right, but still, downloadables are a bad idea especially when you look at your competitors, EA is supposed to be richer than the others, or probably the richest that's my opinion, why the stingy downloadables instead of pewter figurines or any kind of hardware like GDI dinner plates, Nod rings, etc..? Cost saving is only a huge excuse of what comes into our minds. If RA3 or Uprising is already expensive on the shelf and can't give any hardware special stuff? That's the problem and I know the reason why, it's the overly used of celebrities that has been draining out your budget, that's why!

Edited by Silverthorn

...sounds like a good song to fit in there.

Also, why not reuse some of the TS stuff and edit some other classical tunes? Sounds like the easiest way for me. Also, yes plz FK.

Certain remixes are fine, but they should never recycle too much just like they did with HM3 & Grinder 2, those 2 songs recycle too much due to EA's remix policy given to Frank, so the full blame is still yet on EA.

It is obvious, bring in Frank Klepacki again!

I'd like Frank to be involved is some capacity. If he unavailable I think the same guys from RA3 like James Hannigan, Timothy Michael Wynn and Mikael Sandgren can do the job perfectly.

Just do what they did for RA3 as opposed to waht they did with C&C3. :)

C&C3 was so awful, whilst RA3 was so excellent. So why break what works.

Enough with the lame C&C3 composer, Steve Jablonsky. His music makes me sleepy while I'm playing, RA3 is of no problem, I hardly fall asleep while playing.

Come on, let there be some rock & roll and hard metal!

Guest Stevie_K

Quality takes time, so if Frank is to make a whole "album/disc" in under a year he has to start now, and I doubt he has been contacted yet.

Yeah it would be awesome if he did something new and crazy like the music for TS, that was something unusual and very deep, I loved that.

It may take time, but Frank is STILL in Petroglyph, so all music composed by him is impossible as EA has to get him from outside like outsourcing, so it's expensive to ask him to compose too many songs. I remember Frank can only compose a few including HM3 & Grinder 2. But for C&C4, I would love to hear a new version of Instinct & Warfare AND without the interference of EA's stupid remix policies of retaining the old game feel.

Enough with the lame C&C3 composer, Steve Jablonsky. His music makes me sleepy while I'm playing, RA3 is of no problem, I hardly fall asleep while playing.

Oh god, I rather have him replaced by another great talented dude, such as Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles).

Anyways would love the guys from RA3 soundtrack James Hannigan, Timothy Michael Wynn, Frank Klepacki, and Mikael Sandgren to come back again for this C&C4 soundtrack. Probably adding Bear McCreary would be excellent too, trust me.

So what about Jarrid Mendelson? Everyone seems to have liked Tiberian Sun's music and he helped Klepacki on that. So why not use him again?

Guest Stevie_K

Yeah, that would be a good idea.

I read somewhere on twitter (I believe EA_APOC or BCPT) about "Frank Klepacki is awesome. You'll see why on the 24th!"...Could this be on BCPT, and mean that he's making some tracks for C&C4? It would be strange, as he denied hearing anything about C&C4 or even being contacted...If it were true, he wouldn't lie, I believe, he'd just not comment on anything.

And here's the style of music I'd like to see in C&C4:

And I wouldn't mind if Steve Jablonsky did some music for the game, only it should be more epic, like in the Transformers movies...And perhaps it should be for cinematics only, not in-game...Then EA could release both a Soundtrack (in-game music) of the game and a Score (cinematic music).

Edited by Alex07

Minimal orchestra please. Tiberium games need more synth and industro-rock, not an orchestra.

Guest Stevie_K
Minimal orchestra please. Tiberium games need more synth and industro-rock, not an orchestra.

True. The music from TS had some great industrial and synths to it. C&C is epic, but the music doesn't have to be like "Opera EPIC!". Soviet march from RA3 rocked though.

I loved TS's atmospheric music :)