Silverthorn

Special Edition stuff

Like any games, there will be special editions. So let's make C&C4 a special one and way better than C&C3 & RA3.

ENOUGH with those downloadables! Anyone (including pirates) can get them in the public once the game releases! What are your opinions? Think about it, like RA2's pewter figurines & the recent Modern Warfare 2's Night Vision Goggles.

My idea for the special edition are :

1. Art book which contains arts that has NEVER been seen before!

2. Pewter figurines

3. Nod ring

4. C&C4 Soundtrack CD

5. Nod pendant (Like Brother Marcion's Black Hand pendant)

Other stuff which may not work but just some craziness I want to release :

1. GDI dinner plate

2. Mini size toy of an Orca or a Nod aircraft

3. Nod soldier's helmet

4. Toy gun used by either GDI or Nod soldier (The one APOC has it when he "shoots" 2POC)

Like any games, there will be special editions. So let's make C&C4 a special one and way better than C&C3 & RA3.

ENOUGH with those downloadables! Anyone (including pirates) can get them in the public once the game releases! What are your opinions? Think about it, like RA2's pewter figurines & the recent Modern Warfare 2's Night Vision Goggles.

My idea for the special edition are :

1. Art book which contains arts that has NEVER been seen before!

2. Pewter figurines

3. Nod ring

4. C&C4 Soundtrack CD

5. Nod pendant (Like Brother Marcion's Black Hand pendant)

Other stuff which may not work but just some craziness I want to release :

1. GDI dinner plate

2. Mini size toy of an Orca or a Nod aircraft

3. Nod soldier's helmet

4. Toy gun used by either GDI or Nod soldier (The one APOC has it when he "shoots" 2POC)

like this:

100_2611.jpg

Perhaps so, :) I rather have that in my collection, oh, and see if I can have Brother Marcion's pendant too.

I think a pretty figurine would be nice. So many games are making them now. A ring or other accessory would be good also.

And a soundtrack CD, assuming the music is worth listening too.

Oh yes those would be the things I'd be willing to cough up cash for.

But of course, everyone, most of us all will love something that we can get our hands on and touch them physically. Still like today, NO DOWNLOADABLES!

I know two things that should be avoided for a special edition. Bonus maps and bonus skins.

I'd like to something along the lines of the Halo 3 Legendary Edition.

halo3legendaryeditionbo.jpg

Or maybe even something like the FarCry 2 Collectors Edition.

122062092290842farcryce.jpg

I think the common suggestions of shirts and art books are also not very good.

I don't like the idea of shirts because everyone has shirts. If I saw someone in a C&C shirt, I wouldn't think it looks cool, I'd think the wearer is a nerd.

Art books are also bad, because people will want to see art on the internet and will just scan it to put it there. Not that owning an art book wouldn't be nice, but it's value would be minimal.

Figurines, pendants, and rings are all good. I guess anything that is made out of plastic or metal...

True Sonic, you should also know and ask yourself, if you are part of EA (Whether you're a regular employee or a boss), do you know EA itself is richer and bigger than your smaller competitors? Downloadables only show that you're stingy, how can a very big and rich company like EA spend so little while smaller competitor companies can spend a lot?

Here's the proof of the Modern Warfare 2 special edition :

modern-warfare-2-20090713084207806-000.jpg

EA should do the same, it's best that you spend on things like rings, pendants & pewter figurines, in that way, the competition will stay still. If you just continue on with the downloadables, gamers around the world will think EA is stingy, seriously, how does it feel if you are a millionaire and you wouldn't want to give a beggar $50 or $100, giving $50 or $100 to a beggar is not like you're giving him half of your savings. $50 or $100 minus from your million dollar budget is not a very big difference, half of your savings IS a big difference.

Edited by Silverthorn

Lets get right the point here. The only reason they come with special or collectors editions of game is make more money and to entice people to actually buy it and not download a pirated version off the internet.

After the C&C 3 Kane Edition I got here New Zealand I felt really ripped off. It just wasn't worth the money. Glad APOC sent me a copy of the US box.

Would love these collector's edition, especially with good stuff with it.

Here's my suggestion:

COMMAND & CONQUER 4 PRE-ORDER COLLECTOR'S EDITION

- C&C4 game in metallic shiny good quality box.

-- Disc 1 DVD Game

-- Disc 2 Bonus DVD Downloadable content, wallpapers, entire collection of all C&C Tiberian series concepts inclusive of never seen before stuff(C&C, TS, Renegade, Canceled Renegade 2, Canceled Tiberian Incursion, Canceled Tiberian Continuum, Canceled TIBERIUM, Westwood concepts etc)

- Posters

- Mousepads

- Beta key for future C&C game yet again

- Separate C&C4 OST Soundtrack disc with its own album cover with QC quality tracks.

- Something of collector's worth, (Handmade pewter figure, ring, Marcion's bling bling of sorts, ,a nicely made complete set of factions insignia in a nicely crafted classy box (BEST CHOICE), valuable props?)

- A nicely done certificate of "OWNER OF C&C4 Collector's Edition" with serial numberings XXXX of e.g. 1000?

- Optional: Some High end X-Fi Soundcard bundle

A BIG NO-NO to the following:

- T-shirts only(C'mon you call a T-shirt collector's special item?)

- Downloadable content is the only difference in the whole special package when comparing with a regular package. (reference: C&C3TW Kane's Edition) (LOL!)

- Artbook only(No thanks)

- Some cheap biodegradable item only with marked up price on the overall package. (LOL faints)

I don't see why people want the "classy box" for. I mean OK, sure it looks nice and all, but you'll only going to look at it like once or twice, then it gets added to the epic pile of game cases.

Mouse pads aren't that good an idead because they are goign to be the cheap and nasty kind. Not like my funky Razor mousepad. ^_^

I don't see why people want the "classy box" for. I mean OK, sure it looks nice and all, but you'll only going to look at it like once or twice, then it gets added to the epic pile of game cases.

Mouse pads aren't that good an idead because they are goign to be the cheap and nasty kind. Not like my funky Razor mousepad. ^_^

Classy box is a necessity as a Collector's Edition. Sure you won't want a simple grey box with a printed paper slapped onto it as a Collector's Edition.

As for the mousepad, I didn't need it, but just stating for fun, mousepads are cheap anyways.

But a high end X-Fi Soundcard bundle with the whole set would be excellent for me. Haha.

Lets get right the point here. The only reason they come with special or collectors editions of game is make more money and to entice people to actually buy it and not download a pirated version off the internet.

After the C&C 3 Kane Edition I got here New Zealand I felt really ripped off. It just wasn't worth the money. Glad APOC sent me a copy of the US box.

True true, but the problem is, EA did not set it right, when I was surfing around for other torrents, well, you get the picture of what happened to C&C3 & possibly the Kane Edition when I was there. And I hope EA better learn its lesson, RA3 Premier Edition was not enough, their downloadables? Nothing! The RA3 gals poster?! Too SMALL! I can even scan it or print a much larger version!

EDIT : Minor adjustment to avoid regarding torrents.

Edited by Silverthorn

Should have thrown in an A1 size poster of the RA3 gals. :P hahahahha

What are the differences in each country's Kane Edition? US, NZ, RU, etc?

Should have thrown in an A1 size poster of the RA3 gals. :P hahahahha

Second that. Or individual girls, or RA3 babes calendars, I swore if they did that it'll be part of my profile page.

Edited by Malevolence

Calendar will be even better than a poster. :D For C&C4, imagine tons of Kane in different forms or poses.

Calendar will be even better than a poster. :D For C&C4, imagine tons of Kane in different forms or poses.

Nooo, too much Kanes in every page of the calendar will make me feel sick, no offense. :lol: Prefer one with battle units, various interesting units and structures, or walkers, i mean, crawlers.

Sorry Mal, I'm not all that very bright sometimes. Anyway, I also agree that too many Kanes are not good, well, except at most 3 or 4 out of the 12 month pages will do. For the rest, I imagine the vehicles. :)

Sorry Mal, I'm not all that very bright sometimes. Anyway, I also agree that too many Kanes are not good, well, except at most 3 or 4 out of the 12 month pages will do. For the rest, I imagine the vehicles. :)

It's okay, actually the calendar concept is an excellent idea.

That's cool.

Anyway, I do remember having the idea of using car stickers, last time I wanted to get a Soviet Union one, but can't find any genuine ones and it was too bad that the EA marketing team was so stingy to spend some several hundreds just to create them.

For C&C4, it's best that I rather still have the car sticker, I would love to have the C&C3 Nod logo (with the 3 spikes on it) as my car sticker.

Overall, it's best that we still persuade the marketing team to spend some money, like the Modern Warfare 2 & Sonic's Special Edition pictures, it's best that EA spend more on the collectible stuff rather than downloadables. Come on, how can a very big and rich company like EA spend so little while smaller competitor companies can spend a lot? Look at all the pictures given, and even Apoc cannot get his eyes run away from them & the marketing team cannot hide from us forever, keep your marketing videos out of your head, they're NOT collectibles, real collectibles that attracts us to buy the game! NOT some marketing videos like the "Ackerman for President" will tell us to buy RA3.

i want something metal. i dont know what but i do know i want it stainless steel and maybe making that noise a brand new refrigerator makes when you open and close it. and also a couple of little green and blue tinerium crystals or a vehivle or building model not a soldier or something boring like that.

i can just imagen that now, a miniature obelisk of light with bult-in-laser pointer on the corner of my desk or a moue the general shape of a mammoth tank with caterpelar tracks and genuine double barrels coming out of the clickers :D

Yes, many of us still love the special edition stuff like the pewter figurines. Imagine a figurine of the Zone Trooper or an Annihilator Tripod placed on your table, that will be very awesome. All stated in this roundtable, http://www.cncnz.com/features/roundtable/2009/20/.

Me, I would love to have those special goodies as well, in that way, I rather buy an original copy instead of the working pirated. BUT on one problem, with C&C4 being purely online, I can't buy the game and including the goodies unless they set it back to have an offline version as well. Like the Bill of Rights said so, either you listen to us and we'll buy your product, or you ignore us and we can go buy a working pirated version.