hagren

New info and screenies...

Nice find... thanks Hags.

[bigger sigh]

NB: Note sad face, getting sadder, as he reads/scans article, especially the "XP" kills screenshot.

Those pics are too grainy. :(

Things kinda seem as I would have expected them. Seems they have also adopted the RA3 economy system.

I just realised as self-contained, war factories, these are smaller than I expected, and smaller than needed.

Although the text does say we have three to choose from...

I like the more scorpion-like tanks with obelisk as the mobile platform weapon. I was utterly disappointed when they brought the sidebar down like the other generic RTS games. One suggestion though, to enable a CHOICE for either sidebar or the generic RTS bar, or be the first to have fully resizable "window" mode, basically the same stuff we always push and drag on on windows panels on our OS, so you can drag the "map" window anywhere you like.

I guess my suggestion may be too late for this, however, I have complete confidence that the fanboys will do their jobs to ensure the return of sidebars yet again.

Edited by Malevolence

Whereas I was utterly disappointed with the mini-obelisks... and didn't even register the side-bar had moved - even though I studied it closely!

The RA3 style artwork is not translating well into the Tiberium universe, well in these screenshots, for my liking.

Do you think the claws of the new scorpion tank will have a secondary function like those in RA3, or simply for display purposes?

My first impression was purely cosmetic, which is why I disliked the mini-obelisk so much. There's no cleverness in the design, and it smacks of a cheesy mod that just cut and paste two things together.

At least the C&C3 scorpion tank had a clever-er sting in the tail.... they should just merge the beam-cannon turret onto the chassis and be done with it.

Was it just me or did the crawler deployed in the seventh screenshot?

And I notice the talks of "Tiberium Control Networks" and the possibility of Tiberium Ore Nodes, and in some screenshots it showed some cvilian looking "Node-lookalike" structure, I have a bad feeling THAT will be the Tiberium Ore Node.

Edited by Malevolence

Trees, cacti, and ... wait, where's the Earth ending tiberium? I mean, it's become so bad Kane is allying with GDI to handle it, right? The planet looks livable to me...

My first impression was purely cosmetic, which is why I disliked the mini-obelisk so much. There's no cleverness in the design, and it smacks of a cheesy mod that just cut and paste two things together.

At least the C&C3 scorpion tank had a clever-er sting in the tail.... they should just merge the beam-cannon turret onto the chassis and be done with it.

I always thought the Snow mobile was ****ing ugly. But this new "scropion" tank is even worse. Pah :mad: