Senky

Units from the filebag are not showing in the game

Hallo, I was modding RA2YR before a couple of years and now I would like to mod it again. I remember almost everything, but I can't add new unit into game by using TibEd. It was working before, I remember, but now I don' know how to add it. Below are my steps:

1. Add files into filebag

2. Add new unit (especially tank, so Vehicle Object Art) by copying from existed item.

3. Change Image into m1a1 (files are m1a1.vxl, m1a1.hva, m1a1barl.vxl, m1a1barl.hva, m1a1tur.vxl, m1a1tur.hva)

4. Add new vehicle into rulesmd.ini (copy and change Image in General#1 tab to M1A1 - name of my new item in artmd.ini) and AllowedToStartInMultiplayer = yes (for quicker text if working), Owner = Americans

5. Save changes to game and run it

6. Me = Americans vs. Easy enemy eg...

7. Start the skirmish game

And tanks m1a1 are there, but they are invisible :(

What I am doing wrong? Thanks...

(sorry for poor english, I'm just 16 and not from english speaking country...)

Hallo, I was modding RA2YR before a couple of years and now I would like to mod it again. I remember almost everything, but I can't add new unit into game by using TibEd. It was working before, I remember, but now I don' know how to add it. Below are my steps:

1. Add files into filebag

2. Add new unit (especially tank, so Vehicle Object Art) by copying from existed item.

3. Change Image into m1a1 (files are m1a1.vxl, m1a1.hva, m1a1barl.vxl, m1a1barl.hva, m1a1tur.vxl, m1a1tur.hva)

4. Add new vehicle into rulesmd.ini (copy and change Image in General#1 tab to M1A1 - name of my new item in artmd.ini) and AllowedToStartInMultiplayer = yes (for quicker text if working), Owner = Americans

5. Save changes to game and run it

6. Me = Americans vs. Easy enemy eg...

7. Start the skirmish game

And tanks m1a1 are there, but they are invisible :(

What I am doing wrong? Thanks..

(sorry for poor english, I'm just 16 and not from english speaking country...)

i had this same problem and wound up scrapping the unit.

i also had this problem with these files:

http://yrarg.cncguil...d=3&cid=257

and

http://yrarg.cncguil...d=3&cid=259

only the turrets would appear, the rest just stayed invisible.

but still YR rocks without them, i just made the soviets AT gun use the sentry shp isntead and scrapped the allied one.

Any graphics should work regardless of anything. I've never had any trouble inserting anything into the game and if it turns out invisible, I did something wrong. If something isn't appearing, it's not referenced or named correctly.

Would adding the file extentions be a bad idea?

that what i did(and probably the same thing Senky did too).

Edited by Galacticruler

No, the game needs the extensions, but if you have "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" checked on your Folder Options in Windows, it can be kinda funky. You might end up with something like m1a1.vxl.vxl and that's a problem. Make sure that particular option is unchecked, double check your file names then double check your art and rules code to make sure they align properly. It's best, and most advisable, to place anything you use into your own MIX files so that the directory doesn't get needlessly cluttered.

And keep in mind that RA2 is much pickier about MIX file setup than YR. If you're modding plain RA2 and you don't put your graphics at least into MIX files, it can be a real bitch and not load them properly... if at all. I found this out the hard way when trying to help someone figure out why a cameo wasn't appearing...

Im modding YR, but my Obyekt 279 Heavy Tank and V4 ICBM(improved range,missile speed and damage) are invisible

heres the art code:

[V4]
Cameo=V3ICON
AltCameo=V3UICO
PrimaryFireFLH=-160,0,75
VisibleLoad=yes
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
Image=svicbm, svicbmwo

[V4 Rocket]
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
SpawnDelay=3
CanBeHidden=no
Image=svicbmrocket

[OBY]
Cameo=HTNKICON
AltCameo=HTNKUICO
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
Image=279, 279tur

i lack cameos though so i used default ones.

i got the units over at YRA

i had been using the .vxl extentions, but removed them, they still remain invisible w/wo

Edited by Galacticruler

I see the problem already. Image doesn't work in art except for anything defined on the Animations list. Your files are not being referenced correctly. [V4] is looking for a file name v4.vxl and v4.hva, and presumably, v4wo.vxl and v4wo.hva. That's why your graphics aren't appearing in game; they're not being called right. Additionally, when declaring Image in the rules, it only needs to be the art entry. You don't need to declare turrets, barrels or anything else unless explicitly required as in the case of alternate images for fired rockets. When using turrets, all you need is Turret=yes on the rules and the game will automatically look for the corresponding turret voxel and HVA files, or barrel files as well if they were included. Given your existing art, [V4] should be changed to [sVICBM] then your rules should have Image=SVICBM. Then it will load properly. However, I advocate for not using Image whenever possible since it's just easier not to.

Also, never ever use spaces in your [uNITNAMES] and make sure they're always in caps. The game goes funky with camel-cased vehicle names and spaces are just bad plan.

:o

man......i have been doing this whole thing wrong.....

i have been using TibEd for this mod and i could not get anything to work propely unless it was default art.

thanks for letting me know this.

also, why would my V4 launcher cause an internal error when its told to fire at the ground...or anything at all?

is it simply a lack of art that i need?

[V4 Rocket Launcher]
UIName=Name:V4RL
Name=V4 Rocket Launcher
Category=Support
Prerequisite=NAWEAP,NARADR,NATECH
Primary=V4Launcher
CanPassiveAquire=no
Spawns=V4 Rocket
SpawnsNumber=1
SpawnRegenRate=800
SpawnReloadRate=0
NoSpawnAlt=yes
Strength=300
Armor=medium
TechLevel=7
Turret=no
CrateGoodie=no
Sight=7
Speed=3
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
Cost=1600
Soylent=800
Points=40
ROT=3
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Crusher=yes
Crewed=no
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=V3Select
VoiceMove=V3Move
VoiceAttack=V3AttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=V3MoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
Maxdebris=3
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Destroyer
ThreatPosed=40
DamageParticleSystems=GasCloudSys,SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
Weight=3.5
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
AccelerationFactor=0.01
ZFudgeColumn=8
ZFudgeTunnel=13
Size=3
GuardRange=9
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
Bunkerable=no
SpeedType=Wheel
Image=V4
DeathWeapon=V4WH (i made this for the death weapon on the V4 rocket.)
Explodes=yes

EDIT:

i fixed it....but now the missiles fly the OPPOSITE direction from their target.

Edited by Galacticruler

You're going to want to change [V4 Rocket Launcher] to just [V4] then you don't even need to use Image=V4. Secondly, Spawns should probably use V4ROCKET instead of "V4 Rocket" with a space. Never use spaces in your unit names and always keep in line with Westwood's conventions. Sometimes they do make sense.

As per crashing, it's likely your weapon. If "V4 Launcher" doesn't exist, the game will crash the second you try to fire it. Don't use spaces with weapon names either. In fact, don't use spaces in any sort of [identifier]. Keeps things in line. Also, your game will crash when your unit dies if [V4WH] isn't a weapon.

I resolved all but the backwards flight issue, and thank you x1000 for helping me with the unit invisibility problem.

i have now managed to add:

1. Humvee to the allies that will replace grizzly's use at the beggining of a game

2. Soviet attack buggy, same function as above

3. Viper buggy for Yuri, it is simmilar to the above 2 but has a rocket-launcher instead.

4. M1A1 Abrams for the allies

5. (needs bug fixing)Soviet Base Expansion Vehicle(and node[deploys into it], but it uses the base NAHAND art)

6. Railgun commando, two problems though, the AI builds 2(max is 1) and the railgun particle fx lag, i am already using the lag fix you made for them though.

Backwards flight issue? Is that on the V4 rocket?

As for 6, if you duplicated the Barracks for that AI, it will get two at a time. However, the AI doesn't obey build limits anyway and there's no real way around that short of some really fine tuned trigger work. However, it involves only firing the trigger if the unit's count owned by the AI is zero, but even that's not a guarantee every single time. Though, it should work for the most part.

Here's an alt Soviet base expansion node for ya: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30812

oh.....well, i found out that i had them set to start in a game and fixed that, i also have a problem, my soviet sniper(diffrent icon, same name[different art file{home made}])is broken, the soviets cant buy it, and the allies get 2 snipers that are identical.......also, thanks for the link to that building.(i would give you the code, but i scrapped it, i deemed it OP, 45 rifle range(custom hunting rifle) with AP bullets(new warhead) that do 175 dmg at 300 ROF.).

When doing new units, make sure you check the ownership first. Sounds like the new sniper actually still belonged to the Allies because RequiredHouses still existed on it.

When doing new units, make sure you check the ownership first. Sounds like the new sniper actually still belonged to the Allies because RequiredHouses still existed on it.

nope, it had no required house, only the soviet factions owned it and it required the soviet battle lab, radar and barracks

also, the V4 rocket still flys in the wrong direction(the actual rocket is facing the right way, but it launches and does a 180 and goes off map.)

[V4 Rocket]
UIName=Name:V4ROCKET
Name=V4 Rocket
FireAngle=1
Category=AirPower
Armor=special_2
Spawned=yes
MissileSpawn=yes
TechLevel=-1
Sight=15
RadarInvisible=no
Landable=yes
MoveToShroud=yes
Ammo=1
Speed=25
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
Cost=50
Points=40
ROT=2
Crewed=no
Explodes=yes
GuardRange=30
Maxdebris=2
Locomotor={B7B49766-E576-11d3-9BD9-00104B972FE8}
MovementZone=Fly
ThreatPosed=20
DamageParticleSystems=BigGreySmokeSys,LGSparkSys
AuxSound1=V3Attack
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
NoShadow=yes
Selectable=no
Trainable=no
DontScore=yes
Strength=100
Image=SVICBMROCKET
Primary=V4WH
DeathWeapon=V4WH
ImmuneToPoison=yes
ImmuneToPsionicWeapons=yes
ImmuneToRadiation=yes
ImmuneToVeins=yes
PitchSpeed=.4
PitchAngle=90
RollAngle=30
Bombable=yes
Insignificant=yes

anything in here that might be wrong?

You can only have two spawned missiles in RA2 and three in YR. You'll either need to replace one or change a unit around instead. Likely you'll just want to change the V3 Rocket info in the [General] section to point to the new rocket.

When making new spawned missiles, make sure you copy and paste an existing one. You get all the right tags,

And make sure you're NOT using spaces in your rocket name or any name for that matter.

Here's a sample I'm using:

[sKROCKET]
UIName=Name:SKROCKET
Name=Toxin Rocket
FireAngle=1
Strength=50
Category=AirPower
Armor=special_2
Spawned=yes
MissileSpawn=yes
TechLevel=-1
Sight=1
RadarInvisible=no
Landable=yes
MoveToShroud=yes
Ammo=1
Speed=24
Owner=Toxin
Cost=50
Points=20
ROT=3
Crewed=no
Explodes=no
GuardRange=30
MaxDebris=2
Locomotor={B7B49766-E576-11d3-9BD9-00104B972FE8}
MovementZone=Fly
ThreatPosed=10
DamageParticleSystems=SmallGreenSmokeSys
AuxSound1=ScudAttack
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
ImmuneToRadiation=yes
NoShadow=yes
Selectable=no
Trainable=no
DontScore=yes
Explodes=yes

Don't cut and paste that cause you'll get nonexistent references like Owner.