Sign in to follow this  
Guest augusto17381

Help with Tiberian Sun

Guest augusto17381

i know i know, it's an old game, but apparently a lot of you keep playing it. Ok, htis is my frist C&C game, a friend gave it to me, because he never played with it, so i'm all excited about having it etc... The thing is i have Windows XP, and apparently the game doesn't run on WXP, do you know if there is some sort of patch or update that let me play this game on XP? Thanx!!

Create a Tiberian Sun shortcut on your desktop if you don't already have one. Now what you have to do is right click on your Tiberian Sun shortcut and select Properties. Go to the Compatibilty tab. Check the box that says Run this program in compatibilty mode for: Choose Windows 98/Windows ME from the drop down list. If that doesn't work try Windows 95 mode.

You will always have to start the game from your Tiberian Sun shortcut on your desktop.

COOL play it online you can't go wrong with TS! :wink: :D

Guest augusto17381

Thanx for your answers guys, i'll try that right now!!

I have nearly the same problem! One year ago I had Win Me on my PC and I played without any problems Tiebrian Sun on the inetrnet servers. And now I have a new PC and of course Windows XP. The game runs on WInXP but when I want to update the game to the latest version, there is a problem - a small window appears and says "patchgrabber has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I looked for the patch in google and found this site (it is great btw :D ) and I downloaded manually the patch. And of course I installed it. The game is now updated - i can save the skirmish games, the bugs are fixed... BUT there is the same unpleasant problem - when I click on Internet, the game says some kind of : "a new update available". And when I click "yes" (to install it AGAIN?) the game dissapear - it just quits to Desktop! Last summer I didn't have that problem. I tried what the adminstrator recommended, but it didn't help :(

I'll be very hapy, if you can help me! Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

STRANGE

I haven't had any problems installing it on XP

me too. in fact the installation went very fast. it ran with no problems at the time.

TS works fine on XP. i run it every once in a while for nostalia(sp?) but it should work fine.if not get Firestorm and then run it off the "selection screen" where u can pick TS