Sonic

C&C 4 Name the Game Contest

It maybe a creative name, but when too many people demanding it, the 1st prize winner cannot be shared by ourselves. Like Sonic said, it's no popularity contest, and I'm not sure if anyone will agree. If Tiberian Twilight fails to qualify, I don't know how are the fans, especially the hardcore Westwoodians, will react.

Since you said you are a Westwood traditionalist, how will YOU gonna react?

Since you said you are a Westwood traditionalist, how will YOU gonna react?

If you had known me for some time, I DON'T go crying and suddenly whining & trolling everywhere. If the name loses, I just go meh "Fine, you win!" like Commander Warren Fuller said, just let it pass.

If you had known me for some time, I DON'T go crying and suddenly whining & trolling everywhere. If the name loses, I just go meh "Fine, you win!" like Commander Warren Fuller said, just let it pass.

I love that attitude. All C&C fans should be like this.

Back to this topic, and the Tiberian Twilight madness, I was daydreaming just now about this scenario "outcome". 75% fans want Tiberian Twilight, 11% put in their effort and came out with other "original" cool names, 9% came with joke/parody/funny/ridiculous names, the remainder came out with "Tiberium Twilight", and the winner is Tiberium Twilight. What will the crazy C&C community in the official forums react?

Majority spamming "TiberIAN, not TiberiUM" spam, "Wheres the originality" spam, "Why is my entry not selected?" threads etc. Oh the humanity!

Back to topic, submitted a decent entry with originality and stuff.

Not me, I'll just remain calm, like Warren Fuller said, he was assigned to take Pearl Harbor, and after his defeat, he just said "Fine you win, I never like Hawaii anyways."

So for the original names, I just got it covered recently. Perhaps some good names I could use like :

Tiberian Armageddon

Tiberian Doomsday

Or something which won't qualify like :

Thy End is Near

Doomsday? hmmmm Smallvile for ever :P

it Could be also

Cnc4

Tiberian Apocalypse

or cnc4

Countdown

Doomsday? hmmmm Smallvile for ever :P

Smallville eh? Good soapy drama fantasy mix show (no offense its nice :lol:). Meh, Doomsday for a subtitle sounds too apocalyptic and too predictable for a finale.

Drat, Johnny, you stole my Apocalypse name! Just kidding, I did forget to use that other word which resembles the end of the world, what's next, using the Bible's Revelations name?

You know the Twilight name is never going to stick because it doesn't fit. Twilight is the time between dawn and sunrise, and the time between sunset and dusk, doesn't really work since this is the final chapter of this storyline. The name doesn't imply an ending.

Some of my ideas....

• Tiberian Requiem
  • From Dawn to Dusk
  • Tiberium Extinction
I don't consider myself very creative when it comes to naming things ;)

Well, we just simply said it because Westwood kept that name. *rolls eyes*

But anyway and whatever, even if I did want to win, but multiple submissions will not count. One name per person as I feared.

Tiberian Tiberium, very creative, original and relative. An adjective that describes the noun. What is the noun? Tiberium! What describes the noun? Tiberian Tiberium! Sure to please all TiberIAN and TiberiUM fans alike.

Edited by Malevolence

From what I can gather, Twilight, dusk, eclipse, apocalypse, doomsday, extinction are pretty common. Try to avoid these if you are planning on originality.

From what I can gather, Twilight, dusk, eclipse, apocalypse, doomsday, extinction are pretty common. Try to avoid these if you are planning on originality.

Command & Conquer 4

Voice of Kane

submitted by me.

Command & Conquer 4

Voice of Kane

Hey, that one's not bad. I don't know if it is all that creative or original, but I wouldn't mind playing C&C: Voice of Kane (VoK).

Hey, that one's not bad. I don't know if it is all that creative or original, but I wouldn't mind playing C&C: Voice of Kane (VoK).

thanks dude. :lol:

thanks dude. :lol:

• It's the name of a KW structure, so it has inter-game connections.
  • C&C 4 is supposed to be the end of Kane's story, so it is fitting his name should be in the title.
  • He brought the tacitus to GDI and proposed an alliance, so his 'voice' is significant to the storyline.
  • Finally, it sounds good for a title.

All the other proposed titles have been mediocre without more than one or possibly two good reasons why they should be used.

So far, the Voice of Kane is the best suggestion I've heard.

Not trying to shine a bad light on this contest (or the game), but why does the game even need a subtitle?

If its got Command & Conquer on the box it will be popular anyway.

why does the game even need a subtitle?

Because if it doesn't, it's subtitle is '4' and that's just boring. Red Alert goes by numbers and that's ok, but the tiberium storyline can't because it's already sharing the Command and Conquer label with Red Alert. It'd be kind of confusing to have a Command and Conquer 4 and Command and Conquer Red Alert 4.

i cant really enter these because i dont meet alot of the contest ruls but you can use themif you want.

---------

Command and Conquer 4

Command and Conquer 4

kane's comback

Command and Conquer 4

tinerium exultance

Command and Conquer 4

control and conquest

Command and Conquer 4

earth's tribulation

Command and Conquer 4

the enigma of benedict arnold

Command and Conquer 4

tinerium dusk's apocalyptic twilight

Command and Conquer 4

tinerium sun's doomsday eclipsing extinction

Command and Conquer 4

tinerium dusk's rising stormy apocalyptic twilight eclipsing the contdown of dark-doomsday alliance's beckonig ascencion of extinction: requiem

Not trying to shine a bad light on this contest (or the game), but why does the game even need a subtitle?

No, just because you say it doesn't need a subtitle and the main title is already telling the consumers doesn't mean the product is already very good. Sure, it is already good, but to newcomers or less casual players, sometimes it could be meh. I know business and have gone through industry studies, with a subtitle, you can get better attention as long as it's not messy or lame.

You take a look on the many (but not all) games with sequels, they have subtitles just to get our attentions. Take Starcraft 2, if you just write "Starcraft 2", certain fans will expect all 3 race campaigns in 1 package just like Starcraft 1, but suddenly, "WHAT?! No Zerg & Protoss campaign?!" That's why the "Wings of Liberty" subtitle is needed to show it's a campaign focus on the Terrans.

In the end I don't really care what they call it, as long as the game is good.

The subtitle thing was something to please the fans, especially those who wanted it so bad to name it Tiberian Twilight.

Come to think of it, perhaps its better off that C&C4 remain without a subtitle. The first game that started it all doesn't have a subtitle on the box, and I think it'll be matching if the ending doesn't have a subtitle as well.