Sonic

New C&C 4 Concept Art

Not necessarily... If you think about it EA jumped in with C&C 3, and created their own patch of lore. Even if it wasn't part of the initial canon, C&C 3 is now as much part of the canon as everything else. The way you have to look at it is that in order to add continuity, you have to develop from C&C 3 as the building blocks, then work the existing canon into place. It's probably not ideal from a fan standpoint, but in truth at least there is some of the original legacy going in.

The best way to concept is to actually evolve C&C 3's art into something far more advanced, but not so far that things look completely different. We're not talking 1995 - 2032 TD to TS technology here. Realistically the changes would be minimal... Maybe the firing stability on the shatterer worked well, so GDI have incorporated it into a unit which suffered lower firing stability?

I think, as this stands, the last game in this area of the franchise, has to go off with a bang. So attention to detail, whether it's minor or major would be crucial to developing a game which is memorable on all fronts, gameplay, lore storyline etc. included. EALA are going to want this to go out on a high, so it can be amongst the ranks of the classics in years to come. They've probably had that Sam Bass fella who's in charge of the lore, researching and playing all the older games to ensure that what goes into C&C 4 is the right stuff.

Based on a few early presumptions.. I don't think C&C 4 is going to be "just another C&C"... comparisons have been made to Dawn of War 2, but I can already tell by the fact that there's a whole host of units and army combinations, that this isn't just a clone of DoW2 either. Sure, Relic's game mechanic works well, but the campaign was really rather pants, and the MP felt rather limiting. The maps and units were too sparse to make it fun enough. So a bit more variety, a stronger story, a good mix of similar and completely new, plus all the rest that's going into this game... and the potential of C&C 4 already trounces similar games in it's class. But that means nothing unless the execution is carried out well.

Not necessarily... If you think about it EA jumped in with C&C 3, and created their own patch of lore. Even if it wasn't part of the initial canon, C&C 3 is now as much part of the canon as everything else. The way you have to look at it is that in order to add continuity, you have to develop from C&C 3 as the building blocks, then work the existing canon into place. It's probably not ideal from a fan standpoint, but in truth at least there is some of the original legacy going in.

The best way to concept is to actually evolve C&C 3's art into something far more advanced, but not so far that things look completely different. We're not talking 1995 - 2032 TD to TS technology here. Realistically the changes would be minimal... Maybe the firing stability on the shatterer worked well, so GDI have incorporated it into a unit which suffered lower firing stability?

I think, as this stands, the last game in this area of the franchise, has to go off with a bang. So attention to detail, whether it's minor or major would be crucial to developing a game which is memorable on all fronts, gameplay, lore storyline etc. included. EALA are going to want this to go out on a high, so it can be amongst the ranks of the classics in years to come. They've probably had that Sam Bass fella who's in charge of the lore, researching and playing all the older games to ensure that what goes into C&C 4 is the right stuff.

Based on a few early presumptions.. I don't think C&C 4 is going to be "just another C&C"... comparisons have been made to Dawn of War 2, but I can already tell by the fact that there's a whole host of units and army combinations, that this isn't just a clone of DoW2 either. Sure, Relic's game mechanic works well, but the campaign was really rather pants, and the MP felt rather limiting. The maps and units were too sparse to make it fun enough. So a bit more variety, a stronger story, a good mix of similar and completely new, plus all the rest that's going into this game... and the potential of C&C 4 already trounces similar games in it's class. But that means nothing unless the execution is carried out well.

Thanks for sharing your view on this C&C4 units, tech and gameplay. I hope APOC or someone from the EALA dev team sees this.