Sign in to follow this  
Wee_Ooh

Is this really the end?

I've been thinking about it, and it seems like it really would be a shame to see the last of Nod in this game. They've always been my favorite team, and it will be pretty disappointing to see the last of them.

All personal disappoinments aside, though, do you really think this will be the last of Nod? I really don't think that EA is willing to throw away as big a money-maker as C&C (the Tiberian universe, anyway). You could argue that they'll keep it alive with GDI versus Scrin, but I really don't see that happening. Maybe for another two games at max. The Tiberian universe just won't be the same without Nod.

So, what do you think they'll do? Do you really think that EA will just let the story die? Or that they'll pull some crazy thing and bring Nod back in a future game?

I'm not sure if there's any prequels or in-between games. But sadly, everything have to come to an end, not even great TV shows like Oprah Winfrey, one day it'll stop running. After all, the value of anything will dim down over time and cannot last forever. Similar to Kane, if you read the Roundtable, Joe cannot act forever, one day he might reconsider retiring, if he keeps acting, years later, his face & possibly his voice will change (Imagine when you see his beard & mustache begins to turn white).

It is sad for all of us, but like many of us said, the franchise cannot run forever and has to stop somewhere.

I wonder if they will introduce a new persistent villian in C&C4?

Silverthorn made an excellent statement that the actor himself will be aging if EA continues to drag the series too long.

Wee_Ooh, sometimes its better to keep a tale short and sweet than dragging it too long just because you want to see the coolness of Nod, by dragging it too long it may just lose its appeal and in some cases, increases the chances of having the story getting screwed badly. I bet you won't want that, do you?

I wonder if they will introduce a new persistent villian in C&C4?

Do you mean for example Stargate, after dealing with Ra, then we have new crazy guys like Apophis, Sokar, Anubis, Ba'al, all of the Goa'uld, Ori etc? lol.

I won't be surprised if Kane would be replaced by new villains such as Adam and Eve, or Abel, for that matter. Or Seth resurrects and does that whole crazy b*tching thing or more. Maybe they could do that if C&C makes a sci fi tv series. It'll probably be hilarious, who knows. :lol:

We need a persistent character on one side or the other...

Kane's had a lot of women, has he had any babies?

Anyone to take up the family business???

We need a persistent character on one side or the other...

Kane's had a lot of women, has he had any babies?

Anyone to take up the family business???

You mean like little Kane going around bobbing his head, shouting "You're an idiot! You're an idiot"?

Yeah it has to come to an end eventually I suppose. I'm not so mad about the end of Nod as I am the end of the Tiberian universe, though. I'm just questioning whether or not EA will be able to come up with something to replace Nod. That's the main reason I don't want to see Nod go. Without them, it's really not the same. We'll still have Red Alert, but I'll miss the Tiberian storyline.

I guess we'll see what EA does with it. Like you said, Joe can't act forever. I hope EA can keep it alive.

On second thought, maybe they should end it before it gets crappy. :unsure:

They could put some kind of AI in charge of Nod, but it would not be the same thing. GDI vs. Scrin could be interesting, if it would not have been done 5 million times before.

LOL, little Kane has to be bald too! Regardless of age.

I also don't like the idea of the son replacing his father, the son will always be different in terms of voice & looks. No one can replace Kane very easily unless you have to give Joe's son a huge amount of make up.

I also don't like the idea of the son replacing his father, the son will always be different in terms of voice & looks. No one can replace Kane very easily unless you have to give Joe's son a huge amount of make up.

You do know I was joking and making a huge reference to the bobble head toy some of us have.

Whoopsie, anyway, if we let Joe's son took over as the new Kane, I don't think so, the phrase "like father like son" doesn't mean the son will be 100% like his own dad, some percentage will be something else. ;)

Wow all your guys' posts gave me lots to think about :)

They are ending the entire Tiberian/ium Universe though aren't they? Nuts. I could see them ending Kane as said before. Maybe doesn't want to do it any more and/or he's getting older, older Kane would be cool though :)

Doesn't make sense why they would get rid of the whole storyline of Tiberium , I don't get it. New story, new planets, new faction, good and evil. They could still go on I think :) Lets meet that original alien race (not the Scrin)

Generals 2 anyone? ^_^

Red Alert has always been my favourite and it will be a sad day when they get rid of that :(

* Malevolence *LOL a tv show that would be hilarious!

I love Stargate SG1! And yes they should just give us another bad guy instead of putting everything in the toilet like Stargate Atlantis. No offense to those who like it but geez its a bit cheesy :P Stargate Universe anyone? LOL. But again as with any series, its rare that a new addition can beat the originals :(

How bout we become the villains? I'm sure its been done, but hey not the worst, and surely better than a little Kane. 'Mini-Kane' haha. Old Kane gets pushed in on a wheelchair to give council to MiniKane, LOL!

'WHAT have you DONE!?? You're an IDIOT!' LOL

True no series can last forever and still be good :P Times change unfortunately :(...

(pant, pant, pant) :P

Great post!

Peace!

Generals 2 anyone?

Hell to the NO! That game sucked ass from a straw!

Guest Stevie_K
Hell to the NO! That game sucked ass from a straw!

Fun, but other than that you're pretty much right.

It's all about money, If C&C4 sells better than any other C&C did they are definitely going to make yet an other one. Let's hope it does.

As for the storyline well... If it's possible to revive Kane 3 times and defeat aliens from an other dimension I think making a fifth C&C would be the least..

Wow all your guys' posts gave me lots to think about :)

They are ending the entire Tiberian/ium Universe though aren't they? Nuts. I could see them ending Kane as said before. Maybe doesn't want to do it any more and/or he's getting older, older Kane would be cool though :)

Doesn't make sense why they would get rid of the whole storyline of Tiberium , I don't get it. New story, new planets, new faction, good and evil. They could still go on I think :) Lets meet that original alien race (not the Scrin)

Generals 2 anyone? ^_^

Red Alert has always been my favourite and it will be a sad day when they get rid of that :(

* Malevolence *LOL a tv show that would be hilarious!

I love Stargate SG1! And yes they should just give us another bad guy instead of putting everything in the toilet like Stargate Atlantis. No offense to those who like it but geez its a bit cheesy :P Stargate Universe anyone? LOL. But again as with any series, its rare that a new addition can beat the originals :(

How bout we become the villains? I'm sure its been done, but hey not the worst, and surely better than a little Kane. 'Mini-Kane' haha. Old Kane gets pushed in on a wheelchair to give council to MiniKane, LOL!

'WHAT have you DONE!?? You're an IDIOT!' LOL

True no series can last forever and still be good :P Times change unfortunately :(...

(pant, pant, pant) :P

Great post!

Peace!

Back then there were a huge uproar when TW was released. EALA claimed that the Tiberian arc so far what we've seen is just a small fraction of the whole dang thing. That was when the fans began speculating multiple sequels and even having crazy talks that we're going to Scrin world to have some inter galactic warfare. I'm happy that eventually EALA decided to conclude the series in C&C4, I don't wish to see it hanging in mid air with multiple "to be concluded" and god knows what will happen next. A closure on this long Tiberian arc, to me, will probably help before theres chances the franchise from getting ruined badly.

Generals couldn't continue with a sequel unless it's been remaked and reimagined. I came up with a Generals suggestion somewhere a few times before, basically my concept is to have it remaked with the inclusion on all the C&C elements that make it C&C, and not some generic RTS with GR folks going "Generals is the best game ever!" just because they do online multiplayer only.

Yea, always looking forward to a TV series for C&C, hopefully in Sci Fi channel and directed by great directors or even better such as the writers and directors from Stargate or BSG. lol.

RA2 and RA3 prove you can have a Generals 2 Mal... it doesn't have to follow the fiction.

RA2 and RA3 prove you can have a Generals 2 Mal... it doesn't have to follow the fiction.

Well, its up to EALA themselves whether they are interested in creating one more franchise based on the Generals settings. I figure they'll embark on a C&C4 expansion, a possible RA4 and probably call it quits or something.

If they don't do Scrin in the main game, then there will be a Scrin expansion. And I feel this will be the end of Kane's story arc - there still could be games in the Tiberium universe, but you'd have to come up with some kind of new storyline which is still interesting.

Well, its up to EALA themselves whether they are interested in creating one more franchise based on the Generals settings. I figure they'll embark on a C&C4 expansion, a possible RA4 and probably call it quits or something.

Not to mention they also put the entire franchise on the knife edge, they're gambling themselves again like walking through spikes with your bare feet. Sure, brand new factions other than GLA & China will do. After all, Germany got provoked by influences based on the terrorism wars in the Middle East, which is GLA. AND China, for provoking their monuments and possibly their own army.

That's why I don't recommend reviving that universe. If you put in new factions like Russia or Soviet Union replacing GLA & China is replaced by Korea or Europe or Australia, hardcore Generals fan will be very angry to demand the return of the original GLA & China factions. If I were one of the dev teams, I say nail that universe in its coffin and keep it dead. Moreover, like Sonic said and I agree, there's nothing to continue from there in terms of storyline.

PS : Generals ain't the only game got banned by China, when I was surfing around, I saw Project IGI2 also got the ban hammer by the Chinese government.

I heard they are making this game horrible so they can just end Command & Conquer entirely, because the game doesn't sell and get good enough rating that they want, they are going to scrap it. I for one am pissed about that if it is true...

So you have "heard" that EALA deliberately making C&C 4 a bad game because its the last in the chapter of the C&C universe? I can assure you, they are not. In fact no dev team sets out to make a game deliberately bad.

Please don't post total bull**** :rolleyes:

Didn't C&C3 and RA3 get scores mostly in the 70s and 80s? (As much as I don't like them.)

Whow! Not me, Sonic. Generals is a total disaster like I mention above, but not C&C4, I love both Tiberium & Red Alert, except Generals is not a good one, what I'm aiming more is on the storyline, not multiplayer gameplay.

So don't worry, I do have respect on C&C4 even if it's going to be a bumpy ride.