Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Malevolence X58 Classified Setup

Intel Core i7 replaced the front side bus (FSB) by the Intel QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) interface.

Core i7 with DDR3 6GB 1600Mhz is the norm nowadays. lol.

Yup going for a solid casing such as Lian Li. I always believe a good full tower casing is essential for good dustless airflow and clean and sweet setup.

As for the PSU, I'll confirm again once I check with the bundle promotions from various shops.

Going for a good motherboard, one with the most minimal flaws, good layout, good colors scheme, no crazy problems, great for overclocking... hmm.

The motherboards I listed all fit those requirements, though the Gigabyte boards don't really have a nice color scheme (some comments describe them as "puked up box of crayons style" lol).

love the WD hdd drive you chose , Western digital is faster by far.

Second that. Western Digital drives are the way to go. I have that 640 GB one, its cool and quiet. Minimal seek noise.

When I'm picking parts for a new PC I stick with these brands.

• MOBO - ASUS or Gigabyte (depends on few factors, board layout and features)
  • CPU - Intel
  • RAM - Cosair or GSKILL
  • GPU - Nvidia
  • HDD - Western Digital
The rest.... well that's where I start spreading out.

yea the i7 doesnt have actually an fsb, i know i didnt know the name of its new buss thought, but you get the point, i was not sure cause i havent tested it with those rams if the 1600 is the perfect speed for RAM and i7 920. if it is as you suggest, well then no need to worry for overcloackig.

btw anyone has a cool suggestion (no matter the cost) for ATI 4850 card GPU FAN system? i want something silent and "cool" (besides water colling kits)

any ideas? my Saphire Toxic right now (even after i altered its bios) when the Thermalateke fans speeds up it is like a small JET taking off in my room!

i even reduce voltage, nothing special. temps are great arround 48 idle to 66max but the noise sometimes gets REALLy annoying.

i would love for your suggestion there and if you have tested one even better.

tnx

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Second that. Western Digital drives are the way to go. I have that 640 GB one, its cool and quiet. Minimal seek noise.

When I'm picking parts for a new PC I stick with these brands.

• MOBO - ASUS or Gigabyte (depends on few factors, board layout and features)
  • CPU - Intel
  • RAM - Cosair or GSKILL
  • GPU - Nvidia
  • HDD - Western Digital
The rest.... well that's where I start spreading out.

Thanks Sonic for the input. I'll keep a lookout on these brands.

btw anyone has a cool suggestion (no matter the cost) for ATI 4850 card GPU FAN system? i want something silent and "cool" (besides water colling kits)

any ideas? my Saphire Toxic right now (even after i altered its bios) when the Thermalateke fans speeds up it is like a small JET taking off in my room!

i even reduce voltage, nothing special. temps are great arround 48 idle to 66max but the noise sometimes gets REALLy annoying.

i would love for your suggestion there and if you have tested one even better.

tnx

Change newer and better card? :lol:

tnx

That's why I didn't trust Thermaltake for my case. But if you want, you can upgrade the GPU's cooling to this. Very popular and effective option for most newer graphics cards (Fen's running one now I believe).

For VGA cooling, try Arctic Cooling, and reapply thermal compound. Maybe you should create a separate thread since I'm not intending to change a VGA cooler of sorts.

ok lets stick to the pc point thanks for the small of topic tip i will look into it.

update i just order those i will see tommorow when they will arrive how they performer other users gave it 9/10. so i must be good solution. i also order the small fan kit it recommends and all those only for ~27euros.

PER.650120.jpg

PER.650116.jpg

tnx guys.

i dont wanna change my VGA i am in "love" with the overcloacked ATI 4850, it kills lots of 4870 (and speciall its aNvidia 8XX X GT and 9XXX GT Killer) and performs in all my games superb! :)

i will upgrade my primary system in 1 year then i will change it.

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Remember to take some pictures of your new product and some screenshots of the overclocked scores.

If you are planning to do you really should open a new thread. ;)

Alright! Surprise is coming. Damn, come to think of it I was surprised at myself for what I'm gonna get. XD

Stay tune, and keep your speculations coming.

surprise? hmmmmm :unsure:

what you order an i7 920 and you got a i9? :P

A sneak peek of surprise.

Deploying surprise in...

malevolenceclassififedm.png

More to come. In the meantime, discuss! :lol:

like the chip-set a lot not the brand thought sorry. ^_^

but the "classified" in the box is really cool!

com on give us an inside photo how this mobo is made?

Edited by Johnnyxp64

like the chip-set a lot not the brand thought sorry. ^_^

but the "classified" in the box is really cool!

You serious? EVGA is a pretty reputable excellent brand. Why do you not like it?

Fiesta mentioned of EVGA SLI LE board. I looked at it, it was alright, pretty striking color theme, but lacks a lot of stuff, such as e-sata, firewire and stuff. Then I looked for something above EVGA X58 SLI LE board, the orginal or some called it the "vanilla" EVGA X58 3X SLI. It has the right stuff I was looking for, but the color theme was off, green, black, blue, white. WTF? and its pretty old.

I've looked for other brands such as ASUS Rampage II Extreme X58. Nice stuff with lots of other features, but I heard there are some issues on the board. So, meh.

I've looked for Gigabyte, pretty steady and reliable. Looked for the UD5 as well as the Extreme. Average color theme, and pretty ok.

Then there's the new MSI Eclipse Plus. Great board, striking black and blue theme. Seems alright.

There's also the DFI. Great features and overclocking, but the color theme looks like some sort of clown. And meh, not into UV reactive stuff since I will not introduce UV lights on my rig.

And after searching around, eventually the mother of all boards, the EVGA X58 Classified caught my eyes. Great red and black theme, excellent layout, insane northbridge with heatpipes (wut?!), great for overclocking especially with 10 phase power regulation for the CPU and 3 phase for the memory, e-sata, firewire, and the bonus, the 1366 socket contains 3 times gold content, and since I've got hold of the limited version it comes with a unique tool, the ECP (EVGA Control Panel). So YEAH. And there it goes. The Classified is mine.

More coming up. Stay tune and keep your discussions coming! :D

The motherboards I listed all fit those requirements, though the Gigabyte boards don't really have a nice color scheme (some comments describe them as "puked up box of crayons style" lol).

LOL true but Gigabyte kicks butt! and besides your ****e (cards, plugs etc, heatsink, etc) will cover up the nasty coloured n and s bridges, and the processor mount :P

Here's another sneek peek on my new product, the EVGA X58 SLI Classified motherboard.

Unboxing The Classified.

malevolenceclassifiedin.png

^First up, neatly packed accessories.^

^Zoom in shot of the accessories. Notice some items are packed in neat ziplock bags. How thoughtful.^

^Another zoom in shot of the accessories.^

^Ok, top layer removed, and behold, the mother of all motherboards... EVGA X58 SLI Classified!^

^Laying out the accessories, some SATA cables, IDE Cable, "2USB+1Firewire jack", some wiring and cable for ECP, EVGA X58 I/O Shield plate, 2-way SLI bridge...^

^ECP (EVGA Control Panel)!!!, 2 kinds of 3-way SLI bridges.^

malevolenceclassifiedink.png

^A closeup on the ECP (EVGA Control Panel).^

^At the bottom, manual...^

^...and some fold up user friendly visual guide for beginners.^

^Bonus EVGA sticker and EVGA Installation CD for Windows.^

^Sweet!^

More coming up soon, kinda occupied at the moment (possibly staring at the board for hours? :lol: ).

Is that the "759" model, with the nF200 bridge? If so, I'm very impressed you were even able to find it, much less buy it, since they aren't making that one anymore. I didn't think you'd be able to afford it even if it's the 761, that's why I didn't suggest it. But since you have it, well awesome, you got yourself the best motherboard on the market. Now as long as it works, you won't be screwed. I keep hearing horror stories of eVGA bending pins and claiming the person sending back the board because it was DOA bent the pins, and therefore not giving money back. So let's hope yours works.

LOL true but Gigabyte kicks butt! and besides your ****e (cards, plugs etc, heatsink, etc) will cover up the nasty coloured n and s bridges, and the processor mount tongue.gif

Doesn't mean there won't still be visible parts of the motherboard.

Is that the "759" model, with the nF200 bridge? If so, I'm very impressed you were even able to find it, much less buy it, since they aren't making that one anymore. I didn't think you'd be able to afford it even if it's the 761, that's why I didn't suggest it. But since you have it, well awesome, you got yourself the best motherboard on the market. Now as long as it works, you won't be screwed. I keep hearing horror stories of eVGA bending pins and claiming the person sending back the board because it was DOA bent the pins, and therefore not giving money back. So let's hope yours works.

Currently there are 3 kinds of non-Hydro Copper EVGA Classified motherboards:

E759 - X58 SLI Classified

-Limited

-With SKU "Limited Edition" Classified Certificate

-With ECP

-With NF200 chip.

PCIe slot 1: 16x

PCIe slot 2: 16x

PCIe slot 3: 8x

PCIe slot 4: 16x (8x if slot 3 is filled*)

E760 - X58 SLI Classified

-Still on sale

-Without ECP

-Without NF200 chip.

PCIe slot 1: 16x (8x if slot 2 is filled*)

PCIe slot 2: 8x

PCIe slot 3: 16x (8x if slot 4 is filled*)

PCIe slot 4: 8x

E761 - X58 SLI Classified

-Limited, but no Classified Certificate.

-With ECP

-Without NF200 chip.

PCIe slot 1: 16x (8x if slot 2 is filled*)

PCIe slot 2: 8x

PCIe slot 3: 16x (8x if slot 4 is filled*)

PCIe slot 4: 8x

I managed to get the last of the newer E761 fresh model. It's OOS now, as you can see. Didn't want to have the NF200 chip as there are tests shown the NF200 adds latency which slows down performance in games anywhere from 1-5 fps. E761's chipset is the same as the E760 chipset. It's definitely a b**ch that the previous owners whined how unfair things are and so EVGA removed Classified certificate paper in all E761 sets, but I'm happy that the ECP is still in the bundle instead. Lol.

Actually Classified wasn't part of my list of choices initially, I was deciding between the older EVGA X58 3X SLI or the newer lesser EVGA X58 LE. Eventually I decided to settle on the vanilla board until I was given a chance to buy the Classified. So I was thinking through and discussing with some folks and my family, the conclusion was to own the Classified. XD

No worries I've checked and its working fine. I'll update and share with you guys the snapshots my purchases and update with more pictures as I go along.

Edited by Malevolence

You'll have to post a pic of this when its all put together. :)

Classified, lol, epic name. :P

Currently there are 3 kinds of non-Hydro Copper EVGA Classified motherboards:

I know what the different ones, I just wanted to know which specific model you got.

I managed to get the last of the newer E761 fresh model. It's OOS now, as you can see. Didn't want to have the NF200 chip as there are tests shown the NF200 adds latency which slows down performance in games anywhere from 1-5 fps. E761's chipset is the same as the E760 chipset. It's definitely a b**ch that the previous owners whined how unfair things are and so EVGA removed Classified certificate paper in all E761 sets, but I'm happy that the ECP is still in the bundle instead. Lol.

Actually Classified wasn't part of my list of choices initially, I was deciding between the older EVGA X58 3X SLI or the newer lesser EVGA X58 LE. Eventually I decided to settle on the vanilla board until I was given a chance to buy the Classified. So I was thinking through and discussing with some folks and my family, the conclusion was to own the Classified. XD

No worries I've checked and its working fine. I'll update and share with you guys the snapshots my purchases and update with more pictures as I go along.

Sweet. Pics are what I really want to see out of this. Have fun overclocking when you get around to it. :)

Edited by Fiesta

You'll have to post a pic of this when its all put together. :)

Classified, lol, epic name. :P

Sure, in fact I'll post more pictures along the way. No worries, expect to see a gallery of the pictures (1000pixels by something pixels).

Yup, I was also fascinated by their naming of the product, and the overall looks AND performance of this motherboard.

Thanks for checking this out, Luk3us, hope you have a crazy birthday last night? Where's my slice of cake?

Sweet. Pics are what I really want to see out of this. Have fun overclocking when you get around to it. :)

Thanks!

One more snapshot.

malevolenceclassifiedbo.png

Alright manage to get some of the pictures up!

Here's some shots to share.

EVGA X58 Classified Motherboard Unleashed

malevolenceclassifiedbo.png

Intel Core i7 920 D0 chip

malevolencecorei701.png

malevolencecorei702.png

^Chose the Core i7 most bang-for-buck chip^

Mounting the Classified

malevolenceclassifiedmo.png

^3 times gold content in the LGA 1366 socket (sorry for my poor phototaking skills)^

^Feel the power of the Core i7. lol. ^

^Thermalright TRue Black will be my heatsink for my rig. Fortunately it comes with LGA 1366 backplates and stuff^

^My two fans for push-pull configuration^

^Thermalright TRue Black mounted onto the Classified motherboard^

^Fans mounted with Thermalright fan brackets^

Mounting is easy, as usual, Thermalright TRue heatsinks contact point isn't smooth. I used Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal compound on it.

Edited by Malevolence

The first "T" in TRUE is "Thermalright" so that's extremely redundant. Lolz... are you gonna lap it and washer-mod it?

Anyway. Why did you use those Zalman fans? The ZM-F3 does MUCH better than them.

Edited by Fiesta

The first "T" in TRUE is "Thermalright" so that's extremely redundant. Lolz... are you gonna lap it and washer-mod it?

Anyway. Why did you use those Zalman fans? The ZM-F3 does MUCH better than them.

Hi Fiesta, no, I don't intend to lap it, thermal compound will do its job pretty well. Lol, I have not thought of washer mod it yet.

And about the Zalman fans, I am confused by your statement. This IS the ZM-F3. Unless you are referring to the black type. I chose the led variants for both performance and visuals. If I chose solely performance, I'll probably stick to some Ultra Kaze fans at 2,000rpm or even 3,000 rpm. :P

Oh, it IS the ZM-F3? Huh. Guess I'd forgotten they had an LED variant. Of course, for raw power, Deltas and 9GS-series San Aces are literally unstoppable in the 38mm-thick category. :P

Ok sorry for taking so long to upload the pictures of the final setup. I was so hooked and in love with this rig that I forgot to share these snapshots with you guys. My apologies, and there's cake as well.

Some Classified Board Pictures

malevolenceclassifiedlo.png

malevolenceclassifiedno.png

Malevolence Classified Nightshots

malevolenceclassifiedni.png

malevolenceclassifiednix.png

Cake!

malevolencecake1.png

^Unlike Luk3us and some others who promise cake and did not show them, this is my cake. Cake for everyone! Moist and delicious!^

Malevolence Classified Rig:

• CASING: Lian Li PC-A71B + Lian Li W-75BT Window Side Panel
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 D0 @ 2.67Ghz (Overclocked from 2.67Ghz to 4.2Ghz range at personal preference)
  • HEATSINK + FANS: Thermalright TRue Black + 2 Thermalright Fan Holders + 2 Zalman-F3 Red - 2 Zalman Fan resistors
  • THERMAL COMPOUND: Arctic Cooling MX-2
  • MOTHERBOARD: EVGA X58 Classified E761
  • RAM: 6GB (03pcsx2GB) 1600Mhz DDR3
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 260 216SP
  • HDD 1: Western Digital 640GB Caviar Black
  • HDD 2: Western Digital 640GB Caviar Black
  • HDD 3: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
  • ODD: Lite-On 24X DVDRW
  • PSU: 700W Aerocool V12
  • Monitor: Philips 22" LCD
  • Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard
  • Mouse: Razer Deathadder