Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Malevolence X58 Classified Setup

Cake. :)

Post a few pics with the lights on too, so I can see the pr0ness.

Just curious, why'd you choose that power supply? Everything else looks awesome, though. Any plans to water cool it later?

Just curious, why'd you choose that power supply? Everything else looks awesome, though. Any plans to water cool it later?

I was given a nice GPU and PSU combo promotion. So I went with that instead. Everything's pretty good, so I ain't complaining, until then, when the new DirectX 11 GPUs are out and when I saved enough I'll probably do some SLI and replace that with a better PSU, possibly Corsair or Enermax.

No I don't intend to water cool it.

Edited by Malevolence

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. It's almost the end of 2009, and time to look forward for more interesting stuff in 2010. Once again, I'm back to settle with my Malevolence Classified setup and decide to give it some minor and yet important upgrades.

December 2009 Modifications

corei7red.png

Malevolence Classified December 2009 updates:

• CASING: Lian Li PC-A71B + Lian Li W-75BT Window Side Panel
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 D0 @ 2.67Ghz (Overclocked from 2.67Ghz to 4.2Ghz range at personal preference)
  • HEATSINK + FANS: Thermalright TRue Black + 2 Thermalright Fan Holders + 2 Zalman-F3 Red - 2 Zalman Fan resistors
  • NORTHBRIDGE FAN: Scythe 40mm 3500rpm Blue LED fan
  • RAM COOLER FAN: 1 Zalman F1 Red LED - 1 Zalman Fan resistor
  • CASING FANS: 6 Zalman-F3 Red - 6 Zalman Fan resistors
  • THERMAL COMPOUND: Arctic Cooling MX-2
  • MOTHERBOARD: EVGA X58 Classified E761
  • RAM: 6GB (03pcsx2GB) 1600Mhz DDR3
  • GPU: Nvidia Palit GTX 260 216SP Sonic
  • HDD 1: Western Digital 640GB Caviar Black
  • HDD 2: Western Digital 640GB Caviar Black
  • HDD 3: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
  • HDD 4: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
  • HDD 5: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
  • ODD: Lite-On 24X DVDRW
  • PSU: 700W Aerocool V12
  • Monitor: Philips 22" LCD
  • Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard
  • Mouse: Razer Deathadder
  • Speakers: Altec Lansing 2.1

Note:* Those highlighted in bold are the new modifications.

Contents:

• 1: Casing Stripped
  • 2: Fans Installation
  • 3: Hard Disk Drives
  • 4: DVD Drive & EVGA ECP
  • 5: PSU & GTX 260
  • 6: Classified Board & Northbridge Fan
  • 7: Finale

1: Casing Stripped

I have to strip the casing down to clean up all the accumulated dust and stuff, as well as to install the new fans over. So here it goes. Full Tower Aluminum casing. Note that the wirings are tucked away because I longer use them, thanks to the EVGA ECP, it simply replaces all these stock On/Off switches and stuff.

malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifieddel.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png

2: Fans Installation

I knew one fine day I have to replace all the stock fans with better fans, and that day arrived. The stock fans are stripped, and left aside. Meet the Zalman F3 Red LED fans, 1,800rpm with no resistors installed, the best choice for eye candy as well as performance so far. Oh yes, it comes with little silicon pins to reduce vibration ans stuff, pretty neat. 2 in the front, 2 at the rear, and 2 more to push pull air from HDD region to the middle of the case.

malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png

3: Hard Disk Drives

One, two, three, four, five! "Oh my god! Are you nuts?" Nope, I'm not. I recently purchased two more 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black HDDs for additional storage. Two 640GB are set in RAID 0 for OS and programs, 1 TB for backup, 1TB for dedicated TV shows, 1 for dedicated Music and stuff. Did I mention external HDDs (not in pictures) I have lying somewhere else? Oops.

malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifieddev.th.png malevolenceclassifieddek.th.png malevolenceclassifieddee.th.png malevolenceclassifieddey.th.png malevolenceclassifieddeeu.th.png malevolenceclassifieddef.th.png malevolenceclassifieddev.th.png

4: DVD Drive & EVGA ECP

This isn't new stuff, but nevertheless the other time never got to take a decent shot of these stuff. This is my LiteOn 24X DVD Drive and my handy EVGA ECP.

malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifieddev.th.png malevolenceclassifieddeh.th.png malevolenceclassifieddeo.th.png

5: PSU & GTX 260

These stuff aren't new either. However previously I never got the chance to take decent snapshots to show to you guys. Meet my Aerocool V-12 700W PSU, a modular PSU, which provides more than enough power for my current setup, planning to change it to a better 1kW PSU if and when I purchased new GPUs that may required SLI. And meet my Palit GTX 260, non referenced design, great looks and great at overclocking.

malevolenceclassifieddeb.th.png malevolenceclassifieddez.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifieddef.th.png malevolenceclassifieddee.th.png malevolenceclassifieddep.th.png malevolenceclassifieddew.th.png malevolenceclassifieddet.th.png

To be concluded...

Edited by Malevolence

6: Classified Board & Northbridge Fan
Once again, I've revisting the board yet again! This time round with higher quality shots and a new addition to the Northbridge. Yes, a new Scythe 40mm blue LED fan attached to it to bring down the temperature down further. Just click on the images and see for yourself.

malevolenceclassifieddey.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifieddef.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifieddet.th.png malevolenceclassifiedden.th.png malevolenceclassifieddel.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifieddexv.th.png malevolenceclassifiedder.th.png

7: Finale
Finally the most important segment. What will my setup look like when it is turned on? Oh yes, there is an additional makeshift Zalman F1 Red LED 80mm fan attached above the triple ram slots since I was too lazy to purchase a decent Ram Cooler and I believe this makeshift concept would suffice. Meet Malevolence Classified. I'm very satisfied with my entire DIY custom setup. No doubt it cost a bomb when I calculated everything, but this setup definitely worth every penny. The upgrades are no exception, other than visual looks, the fans did an amazing job by bringing down the overall temperature down to almost 10 degree celcius!

malevolenceclassifiedde.th.png malevolenceclassifieddey.th.png malevolenceclassifiedder.th.png malevolenceclassifieddep.th.pngmalevolenceclassifieddee.th.png malevolenceclassifieddej.th.png malevolenceclassifieddeo.th.png malevolenceclassifieddey.th.png malevolenceclassifieddeg.th.png malevolenceclassifieddec.th.png malevolenceclassifieddef.th.png

Cheers! Edited by Malevolence