Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C 4 Information from Swedish PC Gamer

Zaptagious, from the Official C&C Forums, posted this list that summarises the information found in the most recent issue of PC Gamer magazine in Sweden. Most of it covers what we have found out from similar previews in other magazines, but there are a few things worth noting.
  • Resource system not yet decided, although there will be NO harvesting.
  • Started to work on it after Tiberium Wars.
  • New dynamic system called "Strategic Environment", accommodates the game to make it fun and challenging regardless the level your gamer profile is.
  • Samuel Bass admits the multiplayer system and online browser has been pretty bad and that it's been too complicated to get into matches. A completely new matchbrowser with bigger possibilities and constant chat windows will be included.
  • The player will be more involved and present in the games FMV movies; The camera will be an entity in the world.
  • Decisions made in the campaign will be harder to make to create a more memorable story. (This leads me to believe that depending on what you do, different things will happen story wise, like in TW if you did or didn't launch the Tiberium bomb in the last GDI mission)
  • They ask about Frank Klepacki but they can't answer that right now, but they say they have exciting plans on how it will be controlled. (If they didn't have him in they could've just say so, but since they can't talk about it it seems like they have at least thought about it.)
  • They want to keep down the system requirements (Blizzard style).
Click here for the original thread.

No harvesting????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats lame! I mean come on EA! Your killing me here!

I'm gonna email Frank K right now, and ask him to do the music :P For real, he always answers his emails :)

A constant chat window would be nice, like in RA2

Hope they have LAN MP, cause whats better than having a room full of your friends, full of drinks and pizza, and a dang good time :P

Good, yet sad post :(.... PLEASE HAVE HARVESTING EA!!! PLEASE!

(pant, pant, pant)

:P

My only hope is that EA's online system is better than gamespy...

Although this will be a first, so I hope its a good one... Or else, this could really suck....

My only hope is that EA's online system is better than gamespy...

Although this will be a first, so I hope its a good one... Or else, this could really suck....

True said m8

But come on! How can they take harvesting out of CNC? Its always been there! Its a recognize staple in the CNC universe :(...

(whine, whine, whine)

Peace :(

How can they take harvesting out of CNC? Its always been there! Its a recognize staple in the CNC universe :(...

Any more so than base building? I think not. If you're going to shoot the old game style pointblank with a shotgun anyway, why not reload and fire again?

Any more so than base building? I think not. If you're going to shoot the old game style pointblank with a shotgun anyway, why not reload and fire again?

Ah fair enough, base building, and real-time strategy :P I've just always loved tib and ore collecting ^_^

Hope they don't butcher it too much tho :( Of course I haven't seen anything, but to be honest I'm a little worried by the news we have so far. but not too worried ;)

(pant, pant, pant) :P

Peace!

Resource system not yet decided :rolleyes: not sure if this is OK its like we are building without foundations.... i hope for the best.

i totally like the idea of new Network barebone not gamespy cause was terribl in lag and i am glad the guys are making a more friendly and "big" UI to interact. i dont play online that much (maybe not at all) but when i did the ui was a mess and was hard to follow whats going on..

21-22 Germany......time will tell, i hope they will have a resource system untill then, i mean are they gona make it to have a demo ready for CommandCom?

resource system should be something between RA3 style and CNC harvesting i think.

I wonder if the decision in the campaign is somewhat exciting, because ever since they said it's now a linear game instead of using the "Theater of War" system. I won't be looking into this, I really miss that ToW system.

Wow, try to be like Blizzard's system requirements? I sure hope EA have Blizzard's most kept secrets on how they do it. No wonder why Warcraft 3 have beautiful graphics and 3D all work perfectly even on low end computers while other 3D games (which launched together alongside WC3) failed to work properly.

Harvester and refinery is too old now and need up dating, but keep the base building tho becouse it will not be a C&C game with out it.

I think for mining they could put the refinery directly on the Tiberium field, to mine directly from the Tiberium field it self.

Just some stuff I like to ask in case if it has not been said yet.

Q1 Will walls and gates be in C&C4 this time like laser fencing etc etc?

Q2 Will Cabal make a come back trying to take over again?

Resource system not yet decided :rolleyes: not sure if this is OK its like we are building without foundations.... i hope for the best.

resource system should be something between RA3 style and CNC harvesting i think.

Imo, they should keep the C&C resource system.Let the Harvesters spawn from the crawler and let them gather tiberium and deposit it back at the crawler.

Because almost every C&C element is being trown away atm, at least keep the few things like Tiberium harvesting

Imo, they should keep the C&C resource system.Let the Harvesters spawn from the crawler and let them gather tiberium and deposit it back at the crawler.

Because almost every C&C element is being trown away atm, at least keep the few things like Tiberium harvesting

Agreed!!! ^_^ They need to keep harvesting in if they are scrapping base building.

There is too many CNC elements maybe or maybe not getting trashed, the Tib universe relies of Tiberium so why all of a sudden can't they harvest it? I mean even in the CNC4 video its everywhere, there's too much of it, sooo... shouldn't it be harvestable?

Agreed!!! ^_^ They need to keep harvesting in if they are scrapping base building.

There is too many CNC elements maybe or maybe not getting trashed, the Tib universe relies of Tiberium so why all of a sudden can't they harvest it? I mean even in the CNC4 video its everywhere, there's too much of it, sooo... shouldn't it be harvestable?

Well the only thing remaining atm, is GDI, Nod, and kane

Zaptagious, from the Official C&C Forums, posted this list that summarises the information found in the most recent issue of PC Gamer magazine in Sweden. Most of it covers what we have found out from similar previews in other magazines, but there are a few things worth noting.
  • Resource system not yet decided, although there will be NO harvesting.
  • Started to work on it after Tiberium Wars.
  • New dynamic system called "Strategic Environment", accommodates the game to make it fun and challenging regardless the level your gamer profile is.
  • Samuel Bass admits the multiplayer system and online browser has been pretty bad and that it's been too complicated to get into matches. A completely new matchbrowser with bigger possibilities and constant chat windows will be included.
  • The player will be more involved and present in the games FMV movies; The camera will be an entity in the world.
  • Decisions made in the campaign will be harder to make to create a more memorable story. (This leads me to believe that depending on what you do, different things will happen story wise, like in TW if you did or didn't launch the Tiberium bomb in the last GDI mission)
  • They ask about Frank Klepacki but they can't answer that right now, but they say they have exciting plans on how it will be controlled. (If they didn't have him in they could've just say so, but since they can't talk about it it seems like they have at least thought about it.)
  • They want to keep down the system requirements (Blizzard style).
Click here for the original thread.

I have no idea how C&C would be like if theres no harvesting at all? Are we playing C&C Sole Survivor on a larger scale?

Hoping to see Frank Klepacki back again in the scene with new music tracks for C&C4.

I guess with no harvesting they meant "No refineries next to Tiberium fields with harvesters harvesting the living sh*t out of said field". Gamestar already mentioned that you'll access Tiberium network hubs with a unit called "rig".

Edited by hagren

Well the only thing remaining atm, is GDI, Nod, and kane

and titans :P

and titans :P

Talking about titans, will there be an outroar if EALA decides to use the titans (tuna cans) from TIBERIUM cancelled lines?