Sign in to follow this  
Malovolpe

my thoughts on C&C (so far)

My thoughts on C&C4 is that well its gonna be a good game. The trailer was really good and the fact its gonna delve into Kane's origins is enough to make me buy the game. Now i read some things on here, a few people said they're not gonna buy the game cause there is no base building or because your not harvesting tiberium, here are my opinions. There is some base building but only with the defensive crawler so its not completely gone and if they handle it well i will welcome it. I'm sort of stuck on the no harvesting tiberium issue, mainly because it was an interesting thing to have your soldiers get killed cause they stayed in the fields too long but it is not fun babysitting harvesters. Also i was pleasantly surprised to see the Mammoth Mk 2 (Mastodon) make a return and also the Titan walker, i loved using those in Tiberian Sun. Now some have also said they wont buy the game cause there is no sidebar, i don't mind, if the interface is easy to use and pleasant to look at i will be fine whatever position it is in (an option would be nice though). The population cap issue, as long as its a high population limit and you have max pop cap at start i will have no problem with it. My stance right now is wait and see how the game is, its too early to say if its good or not.

Edited by Malovolpe

What??? no side bar? dang it! come on EA, better not be a bloody bottom bar! it takes up alot of space on the screen! plus i'm used to it on the right side haha.

I'll buy it, but its kinda worrying about how many elements of CNC they might be taking away! I can see they need to switch it up, but everything at once? eek.

:P

What??? no side bar? dang it! come on EA, better not be a bloody bottom bar! it takes up alot of space on the screen! plus i'm used to it on the right side haha.

I'll buy it, but its kinda worrying about how many elements of CNC they might be taking away! I can see they need to switch it up, but everything at once? eek.

:P

Yes, in case you missed out the stuff, apparently the magazine scans showed one bottombar interface, which fans believe there wasn't any sidebars.

At this point of time it is absolutely very difficult to judge how C&C4 will be like, theres numerous major changes in gameplay, it sounds interesting, whether it su*ks or not we have to wait for more updates (probably some ingame videos trailers or hands-on beta tests).

Edited by Malevolence

maybe that picture in the magazine is from a very early version, maybe they changed it to the sidebar later, we wont know till we see some gameplay footage

They haven't decided yet if they want a side or bottom bar as far as I have heard, so it could still go either way. Or even both ways if they implement a draggable UI or checkbox, although that's unlikely if you ask me.

I find it funny that EALA dev team still having thoughts on bottom bars despite the outburst and outcries in their own C&C fanbase. Are they digging their own graves or something?

who cares about the ****ing bars, really

we must have the sidebar ):< if we dont then we shall mod it to make on *writes it down in a declaration*

Well I don't know how well informed Mighty BOB! is, but according to him, modding a side bar wouldn't be possible.

pictures could be like the C&C games in the past. Where they only take the action from the main screen while taking out everything else. Give them time. expect more in 6 months from now.

pictures could be like the C&C games in the past. Where they only take the action from the main screen while taking out everything else. Give them time. expect more in 6 months from now.

Actually it will be less than 6 months if you are looking for the beta.

awww ):, maybe it will be different in C&C4

Highly unlikely.

It might be very remotely possible to mod the parts around, but one would need a very very intimate knowledge of the Flash and APT file formats and there is only 1 person in the community as far as I know that even remotely approaches that level of knowledge.

Sidebar should stay, not just because it's a key signature to what makes C&C different from other regular RTS, not to mention Lion is using a widescreen monitor. Bottom bar can be annoying to those who uses widescreen, and it makes my eyes look down and possibly increasing my tiredness psychologically.

Sidebar should stay, not just because it's a key signature to what makes C&C different from other regular RTS, not to mention Lion is using a widescreen monitor. Bottom bar can be annoying to those who uses widescreen, and it makes my eyes look down and possibly increasing my tiredness psychologically.

Couldn't agree more. Why do you mentioned Lion?

Because in the roundtables, I remember he mentions widescreens a few times. And imagine if you're using wide screen and compare between sidebar & bottom bar. Bottom bar may look very wide with more empty spaces, but the sidebar is even better when you got an extra space of viewing the battlefield.

Right now I'm just using a regular screen, widescreen is not my thing though, it can mess up my resolutions when I'm 100% in love of 1024x768.

Edited by Silverthorn

Not necessary, Mal. It depends on their taste or choice though. Some go regular while some go widescreen. Similar to the sounds, some prefer headphones while some prefer regular speakers.

Edited by Silverthorn

If they make it right, it shouldn't matter if you are in wide screen or not. As it should scale appropriately.

That being said wide screen gamers have an advantage. As they see more of the game.