Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyxp64

Tiberium Covers and Arts

thanks to http://cncrussia.ru

here it is lots of new art from Tiberium game that was cancelled, and some covers EALA made for it.

it seems the people working in this title really kept lots of stuff and now they are releasing it to the public.

i dont know if this is good in terms of ligal laws from EA, but the game could be really nice.

because there are lots of images here is the directory to browse your self.

http://synapse.gr/downloads/cnc4/tiberium

sample:

C08D8357C97C-120.jpg

38FD0B00F313-120.jpg

*used in Tiberium Wars intro Video

054F45F768F4-120.jpg

It was ok, but to be honest, I just don't like the name. Only "Tiberium"? That's lame, young kids can figure out a title like this for their school projects but the dev team think of it that way as the "perfect" title? That's just plain lazy for their own good, I don't like to see that project got canceled by their CEO, but at least I'm also happy that the lame name is not to be used again since Tiberium Wars.

3013347C7A65-120.jpg

C688EA6EB312-120.jpg

FA6C15061564-120.jpg

FD9DD36E5B8F-120.jpg

My fav images from the directory....

Nice stuff, interesting boxart, funny why "Command & Conquer" wasn't part of the title.

Because Tiberium was really a spin off game. Not a C&C just set in the C&C universe.

While the game art looks cool it obviously never transferred to the actual game. Tiberium was a major developmental failure and probably would have bombed big time anyway. Its better off dead.

Because Tiberium was really a spin off game. Not a C&C just set in the C&C universe.

Renegade was a spinoff as well. So was - dare I say it - Sole Survivor. And they both had the signature golden "Command and Conquer" in the title. You seem to be inferring that "Tiberium" was never meant to be canon.

^^ Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. In either case, EA decided it didn't need the C&C name to sell.

They made a hell of a lot of mockups for the cover... :o

Renegade was a spinoff as well. So was - dare I say it - Sole Survivor. And they both had the signature golden "Command and Conquer" in the title. You seem to be inferring that "Tiberium" was never meant to be canon.

The lack of a C&C name was explained in an interview, can't remember where though. The devs had their reasons for not using the C&C name on it.

As for being "canon", it probably was meant to fill in the Scrin part of the storyline hence why they will feature in a minor way in C&C 4.

In the end the biggest news about Tiberium (apart from the announcement) was the news that it got canned. We went months without word about the game. The project died many months before the actual cancellation I'd say. I still remember reading and hearing about lots of EALA's "dirty laundry getting aired publicly. It wasn't a good PR image.

Here's a funny story. I remember when I was at EALA last year (June 2008), on the last Friday we had to clear out of the presentation room because the Tiberium team were doing a presentation of the game to some big bosses. We (the RA3 summit guys) weren't allowed in there. After an hour or so we were waiting to go back in, as we were standing in line, I noticed the big bosses coming out of the room, these people included the likes of Mike Verdu, needless to say they had stunned looks on their faces. They never stopped to chat to us either. I guess they were not impressed by what they had just seen presentation room.

As we all know now, Mike Verdu was the man who announced the cancellation in October 2008.

You got a point, Sonic. That's why it was really sad that Tiberium got canceled, for today, if I would to be working there, I would be seeing QA teams around here, not just those RA3 PS3 QA teams.

About the boxarts, the Vega one was kind of nice, but I like the one with the Tiberium logo better. :D

Larger version of the Vega image here

thumb_concept29.jpg

Guest Stevie_K

Most of the concepts for TIBERIUM looks awesome. But I doubt that the game would have ended up any good.

Even if the game is not canceled, not to mention the lame title, only "Tiberium"? That's just pathetically lazy and probably the lamest of them all since the most stupidest music (Which only consists of a shouting Spitfire voice and loop audios, NO music at all), "They call me spitfire!" ever created in the entire music history.

I'm glad the EA bosses shut the game down because the poor title is one of them. I respect their decision, if I were them, poor & lame title can cause a game's downfall towards its cancellation since it failed to pass one of the Quality Assurance tests.

Sure, hardcore C&C fans can buy the game even if they don't care of the lame title, but casual gamers or newbies who want to play that game find that title purely lame even if the gameplay looks kind of cool, the result of them not buying the game at all.

Edited by Silverthorn

poor & lame title can cause a game's downfall

:huh: The title? Seriously...? Of all things to mention concerning Tiberium, the title just doesn't seem like a significant factor to me...

It's because you're already a C&C fan like me & the rest of us. You don't feel a thing, but I do, I'm not just a regular fan, I'm also a critic! Moreover, I study design and title DOES have its message. EA failed design badly, look at the C&C3 covers, that's totally bad when the empty black areas are there, what's worse is that the copy & paste are there too. How about that?! True critics like those hardcore Westwoodians working in game sites such as IGN or Gamespot, etc.. will rate the games too. I may not be a big critic like them, but I can still judge it.

It's because you're already a C&C fan like me & the rest of us. You don't feel a thing, but I do, I'm not just a regular fan, I'm also a critic! Moreover, I study design and title DOES have its message. EA failed design badly, look at the C&C3 covers, that's totally bad when the empty black areas are there, what's worse is that the copy & paste are there too. How about that?! True critics like those hardcore Westwoodians working in game sites such as IGN or Gamespot, etc.. will rate the games too. I may not be a big critic like them, but I can still judge it.

Lol. Actually I was a little bothered by the title "TIBERIUM" (wtf?) and this product acting as a spin-off with no tribute to "C&C" on it. I guess I'm no longer that bothered by it when its not out anymore. Lol.

Despite some little debate over these stuff, I love the concepts and would like to play it.

Edited by Malevolence

Despite some little debate over these stuff, I love the concepts and would like to play it.

heh... I'd rather play Tiberium than C&C4!

:)

Guest Stevie_K

They should use the TIBERIUM concept art to work from with C&C4. That would be neat.