Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Changes to the Favourite C&C Profile Icons

Rather than miniature box shots, the Favourite C&C Profile Icons have been changed back to game specific icons that are more clear and easier to see at first glance. Most of them are taken from Cody 7's Command & Conquer Icon Set Version 2. Download it from http://www.cncnz.com/downloads/assortedcnc/desktop/#1.

Here are previews of the new icons.

upr.pngra3.pngkw.pngcnc3.pngtfd.pngzh.pnggen.pngren.pngyr.pngra2.pngfs.pngts.pngra.pngcnc.png

Each icon is 32 x 32 pixels. Transparent PNG images. They will look best when using the "cncnzBlueRes" forum skin.

I noticed to my horror that a filthy GDI logo had appeared beside my name...

The situation was quickly rectified though. :)

They look much better than the box arts, I think.

Although, why is there a First Decade (if it was there before, I didn't notice)? For one thing, the First Decade isn't a game, it's a lot of games. Secondly, if anyone's pick appeared in the First Decade, shouldn't they go with the First Decade simply because it has their choice plus more? If I had to take either a Yuri's Revenge or the First Decade disk, I'd obviously take the First Decade, because I'd still get Yuri's Revenge...

However, I'm sticking with the Yuri icon because it looks better than the X and I think the First Decade is too generic...

They are just icons representing all retail released C&C games. Technically The First Decade is collective pack, not a game, but lots of people like it so it gets an icon. If you don't like any of them try selecting nothing. Its an optional field.

If you don't like any of them try selecting nothing. Its an optional field.

Never said I didn't like them, although I did say they were much better than the box arts.

I merely wondered why there was a First Decade option...

It doesn't really matter, but I think Nmenth is right in questioning the inclusion of the First Decade Pack...

However I don't mind the concept of an icon for "I like them all!" crowd... but heh heh... that would include Gen/ZH so it's not likely to be that many who like both sides of the fence.

It doesn't really matter, but I think Nmenth is right in questioning the inclusion of the First Decade Pack...

An icon for The First Decade pack has been present in all forms of the Favourite C&C Profile Icons since they were originally set up.

Here's a look a the old ones.

previewqo0.png

That is not possible sorry. Well not without major recoding. Something that is beyond me. Plus its not worth the hassle.

That is not possible sorry. Well not without major recoding. Something that is beyond me. Plus its not worth the hassle.

Aww, well. :mellow:

I think my icon, C&C1, is not clear enough or bright enough or something.

Looks a little too dull and doesn't stand out as much as, say, the RA3 icon.

Guest Stevie_K

nice job. I am sorry to say that I liked the boxart better though.

I think my icon, C&C1, is not clear enough or bright enough or something.

Looks a little too dull and doesn't stand out as much as, say, the RA3 icon.

Its based on the original icon for the game.

tibdawn.gif

I tried tinkering the brightness, bud never really made much difference.