Johnnyxp64

How To Play Generals / Zero Hour In Windows 7 X64

I believe this problem is known as "artifacting", its basically a sign of a faulty video card. Do you have any problems in other games?

No...every single game like WoW, CNC Kane's wrath,tiberium wars, Red Alert 1,2,3; CoD 1,2,4,5, MW2 works perfectly

You should consider to change options in Nvidia Control Panel, especially for artifacting.

Well that would be fine if you could assist me what options to change :) if there is 12 options then you know how many combinations are there.

Now i bought TFD...i have second pc with exact PC configuration and same with TFD.

White terrain and those brown boxes....any solutions...anyone?

Seems the only working solution is using 3Danalyzer 2.26 version...all others screw up either game or don't run it.

actually my question relate to all First Decade games, but more General specific. so i update my First Decade with the unofficial patch v.1.03, do i need the update from the Download section (General)?? what about the rest of the games, do I need those updated from the respected section?

many thanks!!

keithktam

TFD includes all those specific patches (1.08 for Generals, 1.04 for Zero Hour etc.), even without the community patch, if that's what you mean.

I have Deluxe Edition (Win 7-64 for sure), i managed to get the shell map to work by launching the game with the Windows Vista SP2 compability mode (XP SP3 mode didn't help for some strange reason).

I've tried the following with no success:

Compatability mode

run as admin

fresh install

options.ini

maps folder

Directx 9.0

changing install location

Disable visual themes

Legit version of TFD complete install

error i get is:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Generals.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 43544274
Fault Module Name: ~df394b.tmp
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 43060073
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00083c9c
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Read our privacy statement online:
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
Z:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit build 7600
ANY suggestions will be used and appreciated.
Edited by ElvanIV

Hello people,

I hope someone can help me.

I'm not having a serious error or fatal error but i can't save any game of Generals or Zero Hour.

The game works perfectly by the way, i have it patched and cracked but still can't save a game.

Hopefully someone can help me out!

Grtz

i have it patched and cracked

There's your problem right there.

So i can't save games if i have a cracked version of this game?

Sorry i'm a complete noob at these things....

99,9% positive. Not all cracks are fully functional. Also, no cracks are supported here unless related to TibDawn, RA1 or TibSun.

Okay, so you can't tell me where to get a 100 % working crack?

I'm sorry for asking but i want to play this game very bad...

Nowadays cracks are made far way better than original execution files. It is sad, but true.

Personally, i was using cracks for Generals just for NoCD, because once my CD with Generals broke up in DVD-ROM drive, so i was forced to be cautious by using those "illegal" files. Of course EA never ever replace CDs/DVDs, which were destroyed totally by mechanical cause, just like does it any other game publisher.

Alright, you all can stop discussing cracks now. Just because you happen to own a legit copy or arguing game publishers' irresponsibility doesn't make the cracks legal or change the forum rules.

Just load win 7 64 bit and followed all the instructions but I can't get past the startup. I've been told that I need to apply all of the patches, but help.ea.com no longer list the patches. Can someone point me to a download site where I can get the generals patches? Are there any other fixes that I need to apply?

I recommend getting Command and Conquer Generals Deluxe Edition since that doesn't run into problems like the ones TFD does.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the necrobump.

I've been trying the wonderful suggestions in this thread in all sorts of combinations to get C&C Generals and ZH working, and I fear I may have screwed things up even worse. Background: Running Windows 7, 64 bit, legitimate physical copy of C&C: The First Decade. Tried compatibility, fresh install, disable visual themes, disable UAC, run as admin, .ini file, official patch, etc.

Right now when I try to run either one, I get the error about inserting the correct DVD-ROM.

I tried to install this patch: http://www.cncnz.com/hosted-projects/command-patch/the-first-decade-unofficial-patch/

But it quickly stops, saying it has not been totally installed because "Command & Conquer Red Alert\Manual.pdf: This file contains invalid data (error 21FC)." I looked in that directory and that file wasn't even there, so I downloaded what I assume is the referenced Red Alert manual, renamed it, and put it in the folder. I still get the exact same error.

Now when I try to uninstall any of the C&C games, there's an error that wasn't happening a few hours ago:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x800700b7
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1194)
PAPP:Command & Conquer The First Decade
PVENDOR:Electronic Arts (http://www.EAGames.com/)
PGUID:66D6F3BD-CA23-41A4-9FA3-96B26B32528C
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 1 (7601) BT_OTHER 0.0

Please help! I am at my wit's end, and medical school restarts in 6 days when I won't have time :(

Thank you so much.

KD

Edited by Supersonic