Sign in to follow this  
Hans5849

Online Requirement

I do see the advantage to this system, it's actually something I wish had come out a long time ago. The ability to play your missions any where and no worries if your computer needs formatting. What it really breaks down into is a glorified copy protection system.

Easy for you to say, but what about those people who have ISP problem, and what's worse is that people don't have a high speed connection like those who live in America. Take Asia for instance, their speed is not super fast, sometimes even maximum package also will not download fast either.

For the crashing part, as long as you backup your important files such as saved games and your ID account, then you're safe.

What it really breaks down into is a glorified copy protection system.

That is true. But don't forget C&C 4 has nothing else like SecureROM or any other copy protection system.

Easy for you to say, but what about those people who have ISP problem, and what's worse is that people don't have a high speed connection like those who live in America. Take Asia for instance, their speed is not super fast, sometimes even maximum package also will not download fast either.

For the crashing part, as long as you backup your important files such as saved games and your ID account, then you're safe.

Even with the online requirement for single player you won't need a fast connection. All its basically doing is tracking your stats. Sending a few KB's of data.

I bet that when your playing single player you won't even notice.

The main demand is as long as we can play offline, then it'll be ok. If we are forced to play the missions via online, you get the picture of what happens to C&C4 in the future. Sending the stats online is ok and it's not 100% compulsory (And it's no big deal either, I know, a few kbs are small), but the main 100% compulsory demand is the offline gameplay available. Gameplay ONLY online and no offline mode? Then the dev team is truly lost!

Edited by Silverthorn

This thread is biased and so one-sided. This system is flawed.

Probably those who stay in US and some well developed nations with wireless and great ISP stuff everywhere won't be bothered by it, or wouldn't give a frak about it. What about those C&C fans and gamers who are having Internet problems as their countries ISP s**k or they have restricted internet usage? Its unfair the way I see.

Edited by Malevolence

It'll still be, C&C4 will end up the same as Starcraft 2 ever since they apply DRM and eliminate the popular LAN mode. It will be pirated somehow, easy for America, but not for us, and through our own country's piracy, everything is even a lot easier. Spore was pirated safely not just to eliminate the installation limitation, it also eliminates Securom so it won't crash anybody's Windows.

its like paying entry fee before entering a night club.

I would say it is closer to buying a lifetime pass for a night club, then being forced to pay an entry fee every time you want to get in anyways. There's probably a better analogy though.

It'll still be, C&C4 will end up the same as Starcraft 2 ever since they apply DRM and eliminate the popular LAN mode. It will be pirated somehow, easy for America, but not for us, and through our own country's piracy, everything is even a lot easier. Spore was pirated safely not just to eliminate the installation limitation, it also eliminates Securom so it won't crash anybody's Windows.

And there it is. All the people who bitch and moan about the game will always end up shelling out there dollars and buying it anyway.

Oh yea, I'm not including you in that group Silverthorn. Your just really passionate about C&C :)

I understand, even if I feel insulted. But nevermind, I have my reasons of why I buy the correct type of games, I bought my C&C3 (Including KW) until RA3 as original copies since I'm completely in Australia, pirated ones also work fine (According to my friends in my country), the only difference is just the price. But when now I'm back in Southeast Asia, I'm pending to get RA3 Uprising, but sadly, pure download-only is a bad idea, forced to pirated copies. For C&C4, was meant to be original, but when Big Mike compromise it with his pure online only answer and treat the game as an MMO, I'm forced to stick with pirated copies to make things fair and simple. If I were a WoW player, pirated copies may not 100% always work, pure original is the only thing it'll work.

Overall, we Asians may have problems buying the American products when they're expensive when pirated ones are cheaper. Cheaper only for good reasons.

Guest Stevie_K
but when Big Mike compromise it with his pure online only answer and treat the game as an MMO, I'm forced to stick with pirated copies to make things fair and simple.

Come on. You are never forced to stick with pirated copies in any way.

"Making things fair"? That's just being silly. One of the reasons EA has to hold the tight deadline is because of idiots playing with pirated copies.

I'm not going to get all morally and stuff but jeez.. I would rather support it than give myself the right to steal it.

I think this talk right now is quite pointless, be it legal vs piracy, EA's policy and so on, because ultimately the main EA corp. will still stick to their customer-hating plans and will not listen to you guys anyway.

Like I still know and said, if I were one of the dev teams, I'll say this to you :

"We get what we want, NOT what you want! What are you going to do? Cry! Go to your mommies and start whining! You will not come to our studios and kill us with your guns, you go to jail while we go to heaven. So adios, C&C fans, we win, you lose! Go and cry now, babies!"

@EALA: Don't go hiring any angry oldschool westwoodians... they'll rape your fanbase.

Westwoodians WILL definitely save the franchise! And you say they'll ruin it?! PROVE IT!

Moreover, if EA continue to being themselves, they'll give too little things in return. Look what happened to the mutants, look what the devs said in return, instead of being a major role like in Tiberian Sun, today, they're still down to very minor roles like in C&C3. That is EALA's way, NOT Westwood's way.

And again, if you just kick away the Westwoodians, their box cover will end up not the Soldier's Head & will later keep on using copy & paste. Please DON'T revive some of the old flames like you said, BioBen, you triggered the Westwoodians' tempers!

Edited by Silverthorn

Westwoodians WILL definitely save the franchise! And you say they'll ruin it?! PROVE IT!

Totally missed the point BioBen was making... :rolleyes:

I think it's time for these people to get off their high horse... The horse is dead, it's been flogged, fed Drugs to stiffen it up again, had CPR, been shocked, stuck in cryogenic storage, and now it's been stuffed and sitting in someone's living room. I imagine Westwood is rather like Michael Jackson right now.

Saving the franchise, that is actually like saying bring Michael Jackson to life again. The smell of this dead rotting corpse really needs to be laid to rest. Passion, Loyalty or whatever cannot save it.... Get with the idea of moving on, or move onto another Franchise and save your keyboard some stress! :rolleyes:

Quick, hand the franchise the back to its rightful owners..... Petroglyph! :rolleyes:

That will be the next part of this discussion I guess.

To be honest Petroglyph games aint very nice either, for example the UAW, the gameplay was pretty bland, except the music. I guess the Westwood you knew is long gone and extinct.

Guest Stevie_K

We can only sit down and hope for C&C4 to be epic.

Handing C&C to Petroglyph after C&C4 would never happen anyway.

Yes, there can be flaws and that. But to be honest, I NEVER support Petroglyph until now, their path taken is just not 100% Westwood since after EA merge it, after the merge, many employees fled and move on to elsewhere, similar to Brett & Adam, if they come back to Petroglyph, we're saved. But in this case, they're not, so return the franchise to Petroglyph won't solve anything, I know that. So then return it to Jet Set Games instead, but I doubt about this, as many years passed, will our original C&C fathers can remember their old stories and such.

EDIT : I may had missed BioBen's point, but his post should NOT have started this small flame in the first place. If only he should not!

Edited by Silverthorn

So then return it to Jet Set Games instead

I guess that statement was inevitable... :rolleyes:

It was, but I don't think it'll work anyways. Jet Set Games is a small company, and it's not even as big as Petroglyph or Westwood themselves.

Even if the license is back to our original fathers, but will they remember the C&C stories and all that after all these years? That's my main question which I'm asking you all and also to them.

I may had missed BioBen's point, but his post should NOT have started this small flame in the first place. If only he should not!

Flame war? what did I say?

EDIT:

*reads the previous page*

ohhh my bad, yeah you did miss the point... I prefer not to throw excrement at air conditioning units.

Edited by BioBen