Sign in to follow this  
Hans5849

Online Requirement

Flame war? what did I say?

You laughed while the fuel was spontaneously combusting, causing a small breeze which added oxygen to the embers.

Come on, Bio, it's obvious, you should NOT have said "@EALA: Don't go hiring any angry oldschool westwoodians... they'll rape your fanbase." , they should take Westwoodians into consideration, angry or not, C&C is meant to be followed on Westwood's path, and EA still do whatever it takes to keep things to be done as by themselves such as though like they're 80% EA 20% Westwood instead of 100% pure Westwood. Like the Bill of Rights, they continue of refusing following that Bill so they can earn things and do things their way, what they only do is to please themselves, NOT us!

The tyrant (EALA) always talks as if he's preserving the best interests of his people (Us C&C fans) when he actually acts to undermine them." -Ramman Kenoun

"Every tyrant (EALA) who has lived has believed in freedom - for himself." -Elbert Hubbard

Ramman's quote can be true a little bit, you may never know they will do something like this to us with their empty promises, that's why you see your mutants end up as minor races. And our CGI is lacking as seen in RA3, AND the Retrospective video reveals EA did create CGIs but they did not put them into the game. I repeat, what they did is to please themselves, not us! And yes, I know much of their true colors, they are passionate on the franchise only on the outside, but on the inside, they can be poisonous to it.

Edited by Silverthorn

Ok, once upon a time i respected you. But you have successfully convinced me that your a complete nut.

Did you just learned how to play yesterday?! Are you insulting me?! Are you looking for a fight?! You're a nut too who starts this fight in the first place and I don't care if I'm stupid who creates stupid quotes & a point misser.

Sure, you can see I'm like 100% Westwood and such, but that's not completely true, I'm a 80% Westwood and I'm proud of it. If I'm 100% Westwood, I'll just flame here and there like a troll, being banned also means I'll use evasion methods and not even IP ban can stop me. But in this case, I rather not play a fool like a troll like those hardcore 100% Westwood fanatics you see in the official forums. Don't even think about getting involve with this and I can stop this fight too, not just any admins. Time2Kill is a lot worse than any of us when he loves to troll in the Den.

EDIT : Enough of the fight! I will not stop fighting if you do so, and don't even think about the idea which that thing functions and I know what is it. Let's just get back to the topic on the online requirements, ok?!

Edited by Silverthorn

Okey dokey :)

I'm not terribly bothered in a personal way as I'm connected to the internet non-stop anyway, plus this means no smelly DRM.

However this could be a major bitch for those who have internet woes. And say the interwebs went down for a day... I've got bugger all to do... I might play some C&C4... Ah Crap. Same goes for their own servers, they go down, everyone who's paid gets screwed for a day max and those naughty pirate folk are all good...

I'll sit on the fence for now.

.. I can't even read Silverthorn's posts anymore. It makes me feel ashamed to call myself a Westwood fan or maybe Westwoodian and be associated with that..

Anyone who actually cared would know that Jet Set is not interested in the RTS genre at this time (if ever).

MB, don't feel ashamed that you're considered a Westwoodian, I did state there's a percentage of how much you support while you support the other. There are some people here is 50% Westwood & 50% EA. Don't consider yourself 100% Westwood, I also not consider 100% either since Westwood is not just already dead, 80% is for me since I'm more towards of where C&C should go. If I put my money on 100% EA, the franchise may just continue with Generals & no longer have anymore interest in Tiberium & Red Alert (Which means C&C no longer becomes the special C&C we know today, and it'll become just like the other standard RTS with dozers & bottom bar), which I don't think hardcore C&C fans will like it.

Ask yourself of how much percentage of Westwood & EA you got, you don't need to show me your statistic, but just keep it to yourself without exposing too much of either side.

So anyway, back on topic, connection or not, like Mal still said the same, a pure online will still end up getting hacked to have it available for offline gameplay. After all, C&C4 is MMO or not, it will be hacked or cracked.

Personally I'm not bothered with what EA do with the C&C franchise. It's theirs after all, and that's the end of the story. I don't care if they decide to send it off in a different direction or whatever. Anyone ever play the RTS S.W.I.N.E? If they did something like that, I'd be a bit dubious, but I'd still have a go at it even for some curious entertainment factor.

The idea of giving it to Petroglyph made me laugh. Nowadays they'd probably ruin it beyond expectation. And Jet Set wouldn't touch the franchise with a 25ft Barge Pole. If they were forced to have it, it'd be console only, and they'd probably rip it to shreds anyway so it works better for the casual games market. Although Red Alert on the iPhone would be right up their street as a one off, but that's as far as it'd go.

I'd just like to say that keeping Westwood in mind is the worst thing any fan can do. I was like that and look where it got me... I hated the franchise, I hated EA for the changes and found myself to be an over-zealous nut job. I had to stand down as a member of staff of this site because my views did not coincide with the Status Quo. Had I kept an open mind, and had an acceptable passion for the Franchise, I could still be co-webmaster of this site, posting news, and doing what I enjoyed for 9 years, but I didn't.

Instead I had to be an asshole and throw all that out the window by Betraying Apoc and Sonic. It was totally wrong, it was uncalled for, and it was idiocy at its finest. But I've moved on, mistake made. CNCNZ has most probably become a better place without me, and I'm glad it's looking and running better than ever before... I'm here because C&C 4 is an RTS game with some interesting changes, plus the Multiplayer aspect has my attention for the "World in Conflict" inspired gameplay... what happens with lore, mechanics and root structure of the franchise has no real concern for me... C&C is an RTS, I am a gamer... C&C is not a lifestyle, it's just a game.

So being a so-called Westwoodian is really just plain over-zealous nonsense and the non-acceptance that the Games industry moves on and it's a dog-eat-dog out there. Put simply, when it comes to being a Westwoodian......It's just not healthy!

i dont mind the online requirement, only thing that matters to me is if i can play it xD

C&C is an RTS, I am a gamer... C&C is not a lifestyle, it's just a game.

Finally....

i dont mind the online requirement, only thing that matters to me is if i can play it xD

couldnt agree more...

Guys, CNCNZ EA fans, or CNCNZ Westwood fans, stop it!

Look at you guys, after all these years since EA took over C&C, the debate just never stops. :facepalm:

Silverthorn, I understand your enthusiasm and your various concerns over the development of C&C4. However, from my neutral point of view, it appears that you may step over the line a little. Suggestion to you is, please tone it down. Calm down. What's done is done. For example, the box art issue. Yes I share your view over the classic C&C box art style and usage of never seen before concept arts as part of the box art instead of recycled ones. But apparently whats done is done, we cant cry over spilled milk for that one, unfortunately.

BioBen, I am aware of the frustrations of the frequent and perhaps typical requests and possibly demands from Westwood fans, Silverthorn just got really carried away with his passionate C&C madness with him. Bear with him a little.

So please, both of you guys stop fighting.

Guest Stevie_K
.. I can't even read Silverthorn's posts anymore. It makes me feel ashamed to call myself a Westwood fan or maybe Westwoodian and be associated with that..

It's not because I want to blow fresh air into the fire but i'm sorry to say it Silver, I agree with this. As Malev suggested, just calm down a little.

I suppose so, Mal, I suppose so. What's done is done, and it'll take months for me to finally give up the interest on the franchise. Let's let some people give up their franchise interest rather than suffering with continuous misleading roads. And yes, I hate to see or tell you about this, and yes, I'll be taking the road towards the setting sun to finally give up the franchise, sure, I can wait for C&C4, but after that, I'm out for the count even if I might be coming back to chat around in the forums or watch BCPT.

Edited by Silverthorn

That is true. But don't forget C&C 4 has nothing else like SecureROM or any other copy protection system.

Even with the online requirement for single player you won't need a fast connection. All its basically doing is tracking your stats. Sending a few KB's of data.

I bet that when your playing single player you won't even notice.

Yea hopefully... i just hope it wont be like some games and jumps back to the main menu just because the connection is broken for 2 seconds, it's mostly tracking for SP so I hope it will be fine with sending that when connection is back :P...