Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Mutants have Crawlers, Tib lifeforms and other units!

Alex06 from the official EA forums shared with us another new piece of information on C&C4.

Translated:

The mission we played was a GDI mission where you start next to the transport. Your crawler comes down in some kind of capsule. You first have to recuperate 4 GDI capsules, surrounded by Mutant Units and Crawlers. You can see some Visceroids and 2 other mutant vehicles. Then you have to take control of 3 Tiberium Centers while being attacked by Nod. You end up defending the ship from Nod attacks afterwards.

From here:

http://www.cncsaga.com/forum/viewtopic.php...=198444#p198444

EDIT: Here's to hoping they'll do the same with LEGION/CABAL and the Scrin! Have them have Crawlers and all, but be unplayable. =D

Source.

Guest Stevie_K

This is great news. Mutants rock!

Nice! Mutants and Tiberium lifeforms back!

I always hate how Red Zones are lifeless regions in C&C3, whereas in TS Tiberium is shown to give rise to new lifeforms as well as destroy or mutates carbon-based ones.

Well then, because of that I now KNOW that there will be a mod released within a week or 2 of C&C4's release that will make Mutants a playable faction. :D

Well then, because of that I now KNOW that there will be a mod released within a week or 2 of C&C4's release that will make Mutants a playable faction. :D

You mean within a week or 2 of C&C4's SDK release.

Nice! Mutants and Tiberium lifeforms back!

I always hate how Red Zones are lifeless regions in C&C3, whereas in TS Tiberium is shown to give rise to new lifeforms as well as destroy or mutates carbon-based ones.

That was probably my biggest disappointment with C&C 3 / Kane's Wrath. They did a good job telling the story of desolation, and an alright job of the crystal tiberium takeover, but a poor job at exploring the fascinating new tiberian ecology that you could see blossoming even over the course of just the original game. All we had were a couple odd, stocky looking mutants you very rarely encountered.

That was probably my biggest disappointment with C&C 3 / Kane's Wrath. They did a good job telling the story of desolation, and an alright job of the crystal tiberium takeover, but a poor job at exploring the fascinating new tiberian ecology that you could see blossoming even over the course of just the original game. All we had were a couple odd, stocky looking mutants you very rarely encountered.

Couldn't agree more.

Well, they DID say that mutants had an exodus.

Which also means that they took all the lifeforms with them. lolz @ EA. :rolleyes:

hahha, convenient, they all just packed up and went to the "edges" of the map. ^_^