Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Malevolence Polls! (Do you like "Tiberian Twilight" as the subtitle?)

Do you like "Tiberian Twilight" as the subtitle?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like "Tiberian Twilight" as the subtitle?

• YES! I want it since the day every old fans have been talking about TT.
    • Yes, sounds decent. (Please specify)
    • Ok, not exactly as I wish, but at least it sounds better than Tiberium Wars 2
    • Meh, my subtitle sounds better. [INSERT YOUR SUBTITLE]
    • No! I hate it because I do not want anything to do with the old Westwood stuff!
    • No, I hate it because it has something to to with Twilight (emotional vampire film)
    • No, others. (Please specify)

Command & Conquer 4's subtitle has been finalized. And it is confirmed as Tiberian Twilight.

I'm very curious to see how CNCNZ reacts by this news.

Here are the polls.

Poll, and if possible, explain your reason for taking that choice.

Let the polls begin!

Edited by Malevolence

Well, if C&C4TT was going to be just like what C&C3 was supposed to be(having the sidebar, MCV, basically what made C&C games, before Westwood got disbanded), I would accept it. But, since they basically removed nearly everything that made C&C in C&C4, it doesn't deserve that title. I think they are just using it because they want the people who thought Westwood Studios could do better to be happy.

What am I saying, of course they do, oh wait, nah. They don't really respect the dead company anyways. It was just voted by the people.

Unrelated, but can I use your signature about interest in C&C4?

Edited by ForcedDj

Lol, go for it. I got it off an angry Trekkie who was disgruntled about Star Trek Online.

It is pretty obvious what choice I picked. Anyway, down with those noobs regarding the Twilight vampire series, I never heard of that before, because I rather read the Harry Potter books instead.

Yes, sounds decent. It's not the most best title I've ever heard, but it's a lot better than I expected.

Its fine. But I really thought they would never actually use that name. So its some what unexpected.

Oh wait, now I see where that Twilight vampire name comes from, it's that Twilight movie based on the Stephenie Meyer novel and it was released in 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_%282008_film%29

And another, the Twilight novel series itself, it all began in 2005.

Guess what! Tiberian Twilight is reserved in 1999 by Brett Sperry*. You had lost, Youtube noobs, now stop complaining and claim we stole your vampire Twilight name! Just admit it, EA already used that Twilight name for C&C4, what are you going to do, bomb their studio?

* Proof or source, http://www.gamespot.com/features/btg-tsun/page12.html

EDIT : Oh wait, wrong source of Twilight name collected.

Edited by Silverthorn

Sounds decent... I guess.

It's a fitting and logical choice considering the history.

So making a competition about it is kinda anticlimactic.

I'm so amused by this Vampire angle, I wish now that I had submitted...

"C&C4 - Never gonna give you up!"

rickym.th.png

Sounds decent... I guess.

It's a fitting and logical choice considering the history.

So making a competition about it is kinda anticlimactic.

I'm so amused by this Vampire angle, I wish now that I had submitted...

"C&C4 - Never gonna give you up!"

rickym.th.png

Somebody please save gben from his rickroll cancer! :lol:

Nice one gben :P

*highfives gben*

gben is the only person i know who can make original rick rolls in a C&C theme....

rickym.th.png

Looks like he has the dreaded 'two-right-hands' disease.

Hehe... Rick is a mutant didn't you know!

I don't think its a bad name I think EALA picked it just to show the oldskool-ness from westwood. The only things that make this game C&C is Kane, GDI, nod and C&C in the name other then that this is not a C&C game. Heck Tiberium was more of a C&C game and it didn't even have "C&C" in the name.

I like it. It doesn't blow my mind, but I can't really think of anything better. It's just a name, anyway. >_>

i think it is the worst subtitle ever :angry:

i think it is the worst subtitle ever :angry:

Thanks for the feedback. Please explain why it is the worst subtitle ever?

And I very much want to find out who voted for "No, I hate it because it has something to to with Twilight (emotional vampire film)" and the his/her explanation for it. Thanks!

Edited by Malevolence

I also wonder the same thing too, did you read and love the Twilight book series? Think again, that series began in 2005, Tiberian Twilight was created in 1999. We won first, Twilight series lost!

I also wonder the same thing too, did you read and love the Twilight book series? Think again, that series began in 2005, Tiberian Twilight was created in 1999. We won first, Twilight series lost!

Chill down, Silverthorn. No point to get that frustrated. Just ask nicely to whoever the person is.

But still, I don't like people say EA is ripping the Twilight name out from their books, ANYBODY can use that twilight word. Let's say EA uses a Star Wars planet name like Coruscant and apply into C&C4, then Lucasfilms will sue them for sure, even if they ask for permission from Lucas himself, Lucas will not give it to EA either. But in this case, twilight is a public word, still, anybody can use it.

If I would to write a book title "Master Twilight" which tells a magician who performs magic during sunset just to set the people free from evil tyrants. Will those "Twilight" book lovers or even the author herself come over to my doorstep and sue me?

Edited by Silverthorn

Sound great to me, just hope it works with the story too like they said any name the choose would do...

"No, I hate it because it has something to to with Twilight (emotional vampire film)"

That is just the most ridiculous reason to hate the name :P

Twilight made vampires suck, now i cant watch underworld anymore ):

anyway, i like the subtitle, its actually really good

Twilight made vampires suck

Vampires always suck, that's what makes them vampires. :P