Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Roundtable Discussion #23: August 2009

A bit late this month, but the 23rd edition of the CNCNZ.com Roundtable is here, covering the month of August. After last months big Command & Conquer 4 special it was hard to come up with questions for this month. Topics in this month's Roundtable include the Tiberian Twilight subtitle, CommandCom, Next trailer for Command & Conquer 4, Has Red Alert 3's had it's run and we finish with Renegade X.

roundtable23.jpg

Here is the panel for this month.

Click here to read Roundtable Discussion #23.

Interesting stuff and some CNCNZ updates!

First off, what happen to Luk3us? Is this the sign of Luk3us' end? :X

Q1 was no doubt interesting. I'm very surprised by Sonic's final reply, strange that Sonic's been talking about how Dusk would be more fitting but he's fine with Twilight and stuff in previous posts but in this Roundtable he mentioned otherwise. that he is more than pleased with Twilight and didn't hint that he thinks Dusk is more fitting etc.

And Silverthorn, please fall in here and get your sharpened knives ready for this reply "TheGunRun: Eh, I'm alright with it. It's just that the word 'Twilight' has been tainted by that book about the Emo Vampire. Hey it could have been worse - C&C4: Tiberium Wars 2, anyone? :P"

As for the topic on CommandCom, looking forward for more released articles and stuff along the way. Looking forward for more C&C4 gameplay alpha trailers no doubt.

Red Alert 3... seems to be quiet since the launch, even Uprising was kinda quiet IMO, possibly due to fans' angry criticism as a download exclusive or something, anyway, RA3 side was kinda quiet. Probably it'll join the TW KW club by the end of the year.

To conclude, RenegadeX FTW!

Ok, it's time.

1. Tiberian Twilight is a good name and it's also very creative. And yes, I'm with Lion in this one. ;) And whow! GunRun, those Youtube & Twilight vampire noobs has to stop whining that EA copied the name. For what?! Brett found that name in 1998 and the Twilight series was created in 2005, just admit defeat already, moreover, twilight is a name EVERYBODY can use. So then for you, noobs, just stfu already!

2. Even though I'm not there and technically only reading the reports, I just felt so-so only. Moreover, I thought I should be happy that we all enjoy how far the game goes, but when EA broke my heart with their contents which I'm not pleased (Which is the loss of the "Soldier's Head"), my interest on the franchise goes dim until it dies. So yeah, it's happy but could not make myself really happy in the end. :(

3. I can go for both, but I prefer more CGIs than the cinematics (Speaking of that, NO Hollywood showoffs). And when I see CGIs, I'm expecting tons of it like Westwood did it in the past, and I don't care if EALA still has or hasn't got their own CGI room yet.

4. It wasn't quite much for RA3 as I'm pretty sad of it. Time moves on and sometimes we follow it naturally, just like how TW got lack of news of it and possibly KW is next in line. And for Mal's part regarding the download exclusive, my subject is focus on the downloadables, which they have really cause fans to go angry & become silent instead of praising EA, the reason is, it is obvious, EALA is stingy, come on, you earn $4 billion dollars a year, spend some couple of thousands to give us some physical objects to keep & treasure rather than those lousy & cheapskate less-than-hundred-dollars downloadables. I'm also expecting C&C4 must still end with a good bang, so give us the physical items to keep, just get those downloadable goody ideas out of your heads!

5. I would love to play Renegade X, but sadly, when it's not in standalone like the "Red Alert : A Path Beyond", I'm unable to join in the fun. :(

Well, at least this roundtable is ok just to keep things flowing a little bit.

Edited by Silverthorn

Q1 was no doubt interesting. I'm very surprised by Sonic's final reply, strange that Sonic's been talking about how Dusk would be more fitting but he's fine with Twilight and stuff in previous posts but in this Roundtable he mentioned otherwise. that he is more than pleased with Twilight and didn't hint that he thinks Dusk is more fitting etc.

I never said anything about Dusk being more fitting, I said I just liked the sound of it. Had a name along those line been selected I would be happy with it.

BTW the link is for Rountable #22.

There is a link to last month's Roundtable because I mentioned it, all the others are correct ;)

Oh yeah, you guys who felt CommandCom came up short on your expectations. I think you missed the point of these things. In fact APOC has already e-mailed all the Roundtable participants and explained few things about CommandCom. I won't post the contents of that e-mail though. But lets just say APOC was bang on and he urges everyone to read as many CommandCom reports, articles and blogs as possible.

Oh yeah, you guys who felt CommandCom came up short on your expectations. I think you missed the point of these things.

I wasn't very nice to CommandCom in my answer, I even considered asking you to change it before the Roundtable was released, but it said not to sugarcoat anything and that's how I really feel about it. I know a lot of people (probably the majority) like these sort of events, but I find them rather useless other than a way to get everyone excited about your game for a couple weeks. Gatherings of geeks, scantly clad females, and game-themed partying does not intrigue me, to those it does, good for you.

In fact APOC has already e-mailed all the Roundtable participants and explained few things about CommandCom.

Except me. :mellow:

First off, what happen to Luk3us? Is this the sign of Luk3us' end? :X

My interest in C&C4 isn't quite as high as it once was. As such its probably best if someone else is involved.

What Nmenth said kinda make a lot of sense. I'm sure fans like to go for such gaming events for the product, updates and possibly behind the scenes of the progress of the developers work, it's important to have a fair share of criticisms as well as compliments so the devs will know where and which areas they should improve and such. I also feel that the devs shouldn't hide too much things which will hinder the development of the product.

My interest in C&C4 isn't quite as high as it once was. As such its probably best if someone else is involved.

That's a relief I guess.

Um Mal... the roundtable does rotate the participants you know!

Um Mal... the roundtable does rotate the participants you know!

Well, I was under the impression that the only compulsory CNCNZ folks in the roundtable are Sonic and Luk3us. Guess I'm pretty much wrong.