Sign in to follow this  
Silverthorn

Demand of numerous CGI

Ever since I opened my own CGI thread in the official C&C forums, I get nearly no replies on this one and I wonder if Jeremy is gonna read that. So I'm giving it a shot here.

To be honest, I'm very very disappointed with many of them that they all take CGI very very lightly as though like it doesn't even exist in the entire franchise. What's the matter? Forget the franchise's history & Westwood! All praise to EA to not create more CGIs. So anyway, let's get this one started and I'm expecting this thread to have some answers.

Are we going to expect many CGI for C&C4? You know, back in the Westwood days like you get a CGI before the mission starts and a different one for both victory & defeat ending. I sure hope so, since C&C4 is the last of the Tiberian series, we should end it with a good bang, lesser CGIs is only just giving small puffs of wind.

To be honest, RA3's CGI were VERY VERY lacking, I thought the Soviet trailer was promising (Which tells there's going to be A LOT of CGI like Westwood did) to see Apoc tanks rolling in snow & Paris & sickles in Rome, but unfortunately, all of these are wasted into a single mere 1st Allied mission. A BAD MISTAKE!!

I also hope EA do have their very own CGI room so this problem can be solved without doing any more of the annoying outsourcing. Outsourcing, especially to the WW fanboys, it's a very very annoying move and it only waste a lot of the company's budget.

I completely agree with you here. The CGI's honestly are the thing that makes me enjoy campaigns (since they contribute so much to the storyline), and thought I haven't gotten RA3 yet, I'm disappointed to here there aren't many there.

They really need to get this right with C&C 4

Me too, this forum may have some kind people to respond, but the official forums are not, I was expecting at least 15 replies on the next day, but sadly, only one. Very disappointing.

And yes, if you had read the RA3 CGI part, yes, I'm telling the truth if you haven't keep up with RA3. The dev team or marketing team (Don't know who is responsible) had wasted tons of money over a short CGI for one mission and that isn't cool. If you look at the franchise in the past, tons of CGI, but today, it's all very few. :(

I'm emailing Apoc now and I hope he'll think about this. After all, should we end C&C4 with a good bang?

Good bang = Many CGIs like Westwood

Small puff of wind = Less CGI & outsourcing was involved

Edited by Silverthorn

Add in good storyline/gameplay/online and you're heading in the right direction :P

Edited by F15pilotX

It maybe a good directions for good gameplay & storyline, but don't forget that game sites can rate the game differently. Let's say I'm an IGN reviewer and I wrote something like this, some people may agree with me.

Storyline : Good

Gameplay : Good

FMV : Ok or less

See the FMV part? I should have written "Good" but I have to drop the rate down because in the franchise's history, there were tons of CGI in the Westwood days & today's EA have kept several CGIs which did not make it into the actual game, moreover, RA3's CGIs were lacking and the promise for numerous of them were shattered completely. I feel pity for the WW fanboys.

I have to agree with this whole thing. Of course I want to see more CGI stuff in the single player campaign. I want to see more long action sequences, not some characters mumbling speeches after speeches and calling that a decent FMV. It'll be cool to see the classic short CGI things before each mission starts and a victory/defeat CGI scene after each mission concludes.

Thanks for the heads up, Mal. But I doubt the dev team might not read in this forum, I remember Jeremy Feasel is more active in the official forums. I did open one similar thread over there, but I fear it won't into much attentions because many members there I bet they're EA fans, thus making CGI a low priority compare to a hardcore WW fan.

I also emailed Apoc about this too, except I wonder if he will reconsider this. After all, we want C&C4 end with a good bang instead of a small puff of wind, isn't it?

Edited by Silverthorn

I don't think EA should get into more (and better) CGI just because westwood did it, that thinking is a little backward.

However I do think they should put more emphasis onto it mainly because it makes the game more enjoyable and more smooth in terms or progress through the story.

Edited by BioBen

I don't think it's going backwards, if they had own the franchise, they should follow the original developers' ways of developing it. But sadly, I doubt EA will never listen & do it because they hardly care many of our key demands. Worse, they even earn millions or billions of dollars per year and they're still yet stingy to spend some money for those CGIs. :( Imagine what will happen when Apoc or any others will tell our special editions are downloadables again.

Typical again like a stubborn little boy!

Edited by Silverthorn

Hopefully EA will be able to resist hiring Ian McKellen, Hayden Christianson and Jo Guest in favor of cut scenes that are actually worth watching. The fact that the Ion Cannon CGI from the first game is more entertaining than Tanya mincing about in Red Alert speaks for itself.

Emm, dude, we're talking more about CGI, not full motion videos & Hollywood celebrities. And don't worry, C&C4 now got actors who are in serious acting, no celebrities on sight, sorry, so we're ok that their budgets are finally kept in control, not like C&C3 & RA3 which their budgets are wasted in return of fewer CGIs & downloadables as special edition goodies.

As a matter of fact, we need more CGIs, EA's CGIs were so lacking that it doesn't even match the many numbers like the past games had.

Edited by Silverthorn

Emm, dude, we're talking more about CGI, not full motion videos & Hollywood celebrities. And don't worry, C&C4 now got actors who are in serious acting, no celebrities on sight, sorry, so we're ok that their budgets are finally kept in control, not like C&C3 & RA3 which their budgets are wasted in return of fewer CGIs & downloadables as special edition goodies.

As a matter of fact, we need more CGIs, EA's CGIs were so lacking that it doesn't even match the many numbers like the past games had.

Wasted on what exactly?

Emm, dude, we're talking more about CGI, not full motion videos & Hollywood celebrities.

That is what I am saying. Say we had a fifty million dollar budget and forty million was for the GDI Commander to be John Cena or Toby McGuire or Darth Vader...wait, they already did that last one, and there would be no money or room on the disc for CGI cinematics, or indeed for the game itself. Zero Hour's final mission intro for USA was better than anything in recent games, how about a bit more thought in making good CGI and less on hiring actors\pro wrestlers\strippers to promote the game?

Wasted on what exactly?

What Silverthorn meant was that EA wasted quite a huge sum of their tight budget on hiring expensive professional Hollywood actors to portray and over-dramatized certain characters in the game. He was hoping that EA should cut down the budget in this area and avoid hiring expensive Hollywood actors, and instead focusing the budget on producing more quality and longer CGI action sequences.

So far I'm happy that EA is going on the right path for using cheaper actors, and focusing the budget elsewhere. ANd this very thread is created to appeal to EA devs and managers to use the budget wisely on other stuff, such as quality CGI sequences in particular.

Edited by Malevolence

Thanks for covering that for me, Mal. Moreover, they should also spend some budget working on physical items for our special editions too, NOT downloadables.

Moreover, they should spend some of it aside for their own CGI room, the room may not be possibly ready for C&C4, BUT I'm expecting it to be ready for the next C&C game (Whether if it's Generals 2 or RA4) or a new RTS game (If C&C retires).

Edited by Silverthorn

I also hope EA do have their very own CGI room so this problem can be solved without doing any more of the annoying outsourcing. Outsourcing, especially to the WW fanboys, it's a very very annoying move and it only waste a lot of the company's budget.

That's not really a problem or major issue.

That's not really a problem or major issue.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know you're an EA fan, so it's not really a big deal to you. Right now we can say EA is truly lost. :banghead:

If they continue to **** up the franchise, then let them be, let's see if I care. If CGI is not going to be a main priority, I'm sure many former WW fanboys will ensure they keep the younger generations to stay away from EA. This is going to be a civil war which it doesn't exist until after Westwood was dead. So what are you going to do, against the WW fans or just leave them alone?

Edited by Silverthorn

Ok... Epiphany time :)

This probably applies to a few of us...

I am a Command & Conquer fan, I don't care who makes the games or how they are made, what matters to me is the final product. All in all, I just want a good game.

EDIT: I just read your post, Silverthorm, and i reinstate my nuttish thoughts of you.

Edited by BioBen

Serious what the hell. Silverthorn, you can make that as a suggestion but its not nice if you make this as a demand. I mean, come on, the first thing anyone and possibly EA sees this will ask you straight in the face, "who the **** are you?" and ignore your "demands".

I don't know about you guys but, since C&C4 is still in production, please, get yourselves busy with other real life stuff instead.

Yeah Bio, you really know how to insult when you say I'm a nut, but guess what, why not just pull the trigger and fill your brain with ignorance of ignoring my posts rather than reading them.

Anyway, Mal, yeah yeah yeah, made it as a suggestion will surely fall too even though it was a demand previously. And oh well, the word of preventing younger generations from trusting EA can finally riot. And say hello to big bucks to Blizzard while small bucks to EA.

Overall, if I would be nice and change it as a suggestion, that suggestion will surely be taken lightly. Demand or suggestion may possibly lead to the same dead end, so oh well, I can call EA being stingy forever. And I can't wait to see the dev team giving us downloadables for our special editions. Then who wins in the end? I win? I won't be so sure of that. I lose? Impossible, I can be neither.

Edited by Silverthorn

I want to see more CGI, always made accomplishing a mission more satisfying.

Pardon the language in advance. :mellow:

Yeah yeah yeah, I know you're an EA fan, so it's not really a big deal to you. Right now we can say EA is truly lost. :banghead:

If they continue to **** up the franchise, then let them be, let's see if I care. If CGI is not going to be a main priority, I'm sure many former WW fanboys will ensure they keep the younger generations to stay away from EA. This is going to be a civil war which it doesn't exist until after Westwood was dead. So what are you going to do, against the WW fans or just leave them alone?

Yeah Bio, you really know how to insult when you say I'm a nut, but guess what, why not just pull the trigger and fill your brain with ignorance of ignoring my posts rather than reading them.

Anyway, Mal, yeah yeah yeah, made it as a suggestion will surely fall too even though it was a demand previously. And oh well, the word of preventing younger generations from trusting EA can finally riot. And say hello to big bucks to Blizzard while small bucks to EA.

Overall, if I would be nice and change it as a suggestion, that suggestion will surely be taken lightly. Demand or suggestion may possibly lead to the same dead end, so oh well, I can call EA being stingy forever. And I can't wait to see the dev team giving us downloadables for our special editions. Then who wins in the end? I win? I won't be so sure of that. I lose? Impossible, I can be neither.

Demands would certainly be taken in a much poor light than suggestions; you do realize this?

Seriously though, why the hell do you even bother wasting your time hammering against EA? It wouldn't matter if they somehow brought every single damn WW employee back and they made the game, you still wouldn't like the game because EA had something to do with it.

Why don't you face reality and realize that Westwood isn't coming back, and instead of criticizing EA day and night, try to, if you can't post positive feedback on at least something, give constructive criticism?

Your constant ranting is really getting on my nerves, and if it's getting to me, it sure as hell is annoying the other members of these forums. :rolleyes:

Edited by F15pilotX

Yeah yeah yeah, then I can finally shut up right? The answer is a yes. I also did mention, with EA broke my heart with the losses of CGIs & the Soldier's Head, most of all, original gameplay replaced by the "World in Conflict" clone. Then I can finally nail my mouth shut.

So don't worry, this thread won't be active anymore and I do admit when EA doesn't want to follow WW's footsteps, then let them be. Then I'll do whatever it takes to keep casual gamers to stay away from EA, moreover, increase the piracy rate. If you broke someone's heart, that someone will retaliate and take revenge.

Careful where you start going with that piracy talk, Silverthorn...

Careful where you start going with that piracy talk, Silverthorn...

Don't worry, I can say that piracy word, but will NOT discuss about it. Rules are rules after all.