Sign in to follow this  
Gben

Before and After

So I'm on record as being a little dissapointed by the current direction of gameplay mechanics for the C&C4 game, but I feel special getting the chance to give some constructive feedback. I thought it would be interesting to go on record before we begin the beta test, and list expectations and hopes, so that after a while we can compare the actual with potential.

I expect to have fun in the beta test with the new gameplay mechanics.

I think the new gameplay mode *will* be fun.

I don't expect the defence crawler will sate my base-building needs, and I will remain unsatisfied.

I expect to hear someone from EALA say "But wait till we add in tier 3 units!" :)

I plan to favour the GDI faction.

I plan to focus away from the defence crawler in my attempt to embrace the new gameplay.

I expect I would be a good support player, but I would prefer defence.

I expect the mutants to be nothing more than map creeps (ala WCIII)

more to come I guess once I start thinking about it.

I expect to have fun in the beta test with the new gameplay mechanics. Same.

I think the new gameplay mode *will* be fun. Same.

I don't expect the defence crawler will sate my base-building needs, and I will remain unsatisfied. Same.

I expect to hear someone from EALA say "But wait till we add in tier 3 units!" :)Same.

I plan to favour the GDI faction. Oddly enough, I normally go for Nod, but I just don't feel drawn to Nod this time around... I'll still play them both of course.

I plan to focus away from the defence crawler in my attempt to embrace the new gameplay. I will try them all, but I will not focus on any. If Defense is the most fun, then that's it, I'm a defender.

I expect I would be a good support player, but I would prefer defence. I like aircraft, but I have no expectations for my skills.

I expect the mutants to be nothing more than map creeps (ala WCIII) Same.

I expect to have fun in the beta test with the new gameplay mechanics. Same

I think the new gameplay mode *will* be fun. Same

I don't expect the defence crawler will sate my base-building needs, and I will remain unsatisfied. We'll see.

I expect to hear someone from EALA say "But wait till we add in tier 3 units!" :)No doubt.

I plan to favour the GDI faction. I'll play both factions equally I think.

I plan to focus away from the defence crawler in my attempt to embrace the new gameplay. I'll give them all a go, though I'll probably like Offence more.

I expect I would be a good support player, but I would prefer defence. Naa, much rather be in amongst it than standing back.

I expect the mutants to be nothing more than map creeps (ala WCIII). Same.

I forgot to add, I'm trying to go into the beta test with an open mind... but those are my expectations.

Qn: Before and After, Expectations for the Beta Test???

BEFORE:

Some background info about Me:

I'm pretty much involved in my daily real life outdoors kind of person, and not the kind who would be spending too much excess free time on the internet removing the fun by exploring silly competitive tactics or exploits or whatever crazy goons would do. I'm going to be clear with this. I'll take it from a perspective of a long time C&C enthusiast and a general causal gamer (non competitive), and hence I'll expect the game to be as follows:

- Appeal to the causal / non-competitive players as EA promised, simple gameplay, not too complicated, but not too brainless otherwise it defeat the purpose of playing.

- The fun factor must still be there. I do not want to spend some free time playing a game that is boring, repetitive and feeling of wasting time.

- The C&C factor must be there despite big changes. Yes this point will be the most controversial point I'll discuss later in depth once I've get myself trying out the beta. Every C&C fan who just heard on the new gameplay mechanism are going nuts and criticizing it, I'll keep an open mind, try it for myself to see how this new gameplay is, all 3 classes. Good or bad?

- Gameplay per match must not be too fast, or too long and draggy.

- I love GDI mechs, and I love the coolness and strange technology of Nod. Either side I'll have no specific preference until I tried playing both several times.

Concerns:

- Sidebar/bottombar interface.

- Hotkeys

That's my take so far. Waiting for the beta! :)

Edited by Malevolence

I plan to favour the GDI faction. Oddly enough, I normally go for Nod, but I just don't feel drawn to Nod this time around... I'll still play them both of course.

Well, I don't know how far along the matching system is, but in the CommandCOM built we couldn't pick our side, we were randomly assigned. So I was Nod all the time, by pure chance :D

Well, I don't know how far along the matching system is, but in the CommandCOM built we couldn't pick our side, we were randomly assigned.

Hmm, Renegade-esque... I did like Renegade, even the random assignments, but I hope we can choose our side in this one.