Sign in to follow this  
F15pilotX

WinAmp vs. iTunes

Thoughts? I've used iTunes forever, but I'm considering switching to WinAmp due to all of iTunes's DRM crap..figured ya'll would have opinions about this.

I've been using Winamp for years and I'll stand by it, however I imagine you'll be wanting to use its Media Library features since you're switching from iTunes, and I've never used the Media Library so I can't speak for it. (I keep track of my music with my mind.)

You could also try out Microsoft's Zune player (which requires neither a subscription to the Zune music service nor a Zune hardware device). There's also Songbird. (I have tried neither of these.)

I don't use either of them. Don't need iTunes, but I did use WinAmp years ago. Windows Media Player 11 in Vista does everything I need.

If you have a slower system, avoid using iTunes as its pretty resource hogging and may cause lag. Use lighter programs or stick to WMP11.

If you have a better system, iTunes should be fine and a pleasant experience to use. (podcasts auto updates, etc etc... plus syncing into your iPods...)

For me right now, I kinda use both WMP11 and iTunes as when I like.

I'm still using Musicmatch Jukebox 10. Its like, old... But it has all the feature I want. ^_^

Winamp. Light weight and simple.
I'll try it out. :) Edited by F15pilotX

My only grief with the windows player is when I rip cd's and I can't change the database to find my info. Otherwise I've always preferred it to itunes. But then I don't own a mac or anything with an "i" at the start.

No I don't own my intestines, I'm still paying them off.

Technically the bank owns them... I just use them.

You mean iNtestines? :P

(cue: polite golf clap)

...smirk... well played Mal....