Sign in to follow this  
ghostmangoth

Tacitus Interruptus

Can anyone help me with this mission?

Okay, this is what I did.

I went and attacked the MCV for Objective 1, then used the Vein Detonation for the Bonus and have gone through and killed all the GDI on the map, but it still happens.

After I've captured the MCV and move it, the controls go away and i get the Defeated screen. The MCV is still there and it wasn't destroyed nor is anyone attacking it. It seems to be just fine when deployed and repairing but as soon as you move it south i get the Defeated screen.

I read that it's because not ALL the GDI have been killed on the map, but that can't be it as the Carrier still remains and it has a Invulnerable Logic on it so it can't be destroyed.

I'm running the Store-bought Version 1.0.

Edited by ghostmangoth

I barely remember this mission - was it TW or KW?

But of course my first comment is patch the game to the latest version. Because there were mission tweaks in the TW patches for sure.

It's a KW mission. I remember unexpectedly getting a 'defeated' one time, I can't recall, however, what I determined the reason for it was. It's been too long...

You will lose the game if the MCV gets too close to the docks. Even after GDI have been defeated and you now control the MCV.

Is this the mission where we see the overlord's wrath for the first time?

My faulty memory is the MCV can be captured in the middle of the map, and then eventually you get the trigger to move the MCV to south west corner of the map. But from memory there are a couple of minor units in that section of the map that can kill the MCV if you aren't paying attention. I don't remember exactly if it was air units or infantry in a bunker though...

I got past it. There's logic to Fail the Mission if the MCV gets too close to the docks and I was doing that to avoid the Scrin Units, so I moved it way from the docks and down and it worked fine.

Well that's a relief.

:)