Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Blizzard's follies

So I'm a fan of the Diablo universe and still play Diablo II. A new patch (1.13) is supposed to be coming out for the game, but has been delayed since April. That, coupled with a lack of communication from Blizzard has churned the Diablo II community into a pack of rabid wolves.

(Blizzard is making EA's patch releases appear quite timely ^_^ )

My point however, is the amusing comments that have come up during the tribulation, thought I'd snag a few and put them here so we can take a temporary break from attacking our game's company and laugh at Blizzard.

Pre-WoW Blizzard was a different company. They actually loved and bathed us. Now they just shoot us with the hose and go "LOL Cash plz?"

Blizzard headquarters is situated in close proximity to a black hole's event horizon, thus the extreme gravitational conditions are bending spacetime so much that a week to the rest of the world is only a minute to blizzard. So from their reference point, it hasn't even been a day since they originally announced the patch. Physics doesn't lie!

Soon: Copyright 2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon".

(The quotes are not necessarily exact, I fixed some spelling and grammatical errors)

They've just updated their progress on the patch... to say it has been slightly delayed (again). :haha:

Well it ensures better quality, but repeatedly ticking off your customers is never helpful.

Not everyone tends to complain that loudly though. It's a fairly small margin who actually gets loud and obnoxious. However, at least Blizzard has enough respect for its products to not live by the mantra of "he who bitches loudest, wins the argument."

Apparently EA doesn't either...

(If they did, they'd have a few CGI rooms now :rofl: )

Wow, this is old... but not as old as Blizzard's announcement for the Diablo II patch 1.13! Good news for Diablo II fans, Blizzard has finally set a release date for patch 1.13 for the 23rd of March... 11 months delayed.

11 months? That's right, they were hyping the patch nearly one year ago, saying the patch could be out by the end of April 2009.

Along with this looong overdue announcement, Blizzard's community manager has said "The changes in 1.13c are extremely minimal, just to clarify that you shouldn't be expecting big new features or changes versus what was seen in 1.13b."

Well the changes in 1.13b were already overhyped and underwhelming, so this news obviously has gotten under the fans' skin a little, especially since Blizzard has said virtually nothing about their patch progress or content, leaving it all up to speculation.

So here are a few more quotes from the Diablo fans:

If you were hoping this announcement would make everyone not hate you, you're going to be as disappointed as all the fans that checked the forums every day to find this announcement missing.

Now we know that "soon" means 334 days in Blizzardish.

We all know Blizzard has their dictionary.

Don’t beleive me?

Ask them what "soon" means.

Ahh yes, Blizzard and the concept of time.

I don't think they have "quite" grasped how it works yet. ^_^

Diablo II is over 10 years old now and Blizzard's still supporting old games way older than Warcraft III? Wow, that's some longevity.

Diablo II is over 10 years old now and Blizzard's still supporting old games way older than Warcraft III? Wow, that's some longevity.

And that's the way it should be.

Guest Stevie_K
And that's the way it should be.

qft :thumbsup: