Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Revision 7 out soon

Rev. 7 Patch Notes:

Tiberium: Harvest crystals for victory points or upgrades, or detonate them to decimate friends and foes!New Upgrades: Use the crystals you harvest to purchase upgrades (no more research times).Tier 3: Dozens of new units, upgrades, structures, and powers across all factions and classes.CRITICAL Temporary hotkey: press “page down” to cycle through all units and upgrades in-game.Increased CP for players in games smaller then 5v5.Kill Points: Turn the CP cost of every unit you destroy into victory points for your team, including crawlers.Massive balance and lethality updates: There’s too much to list, every unit has been adjusted!Custom Match: Host or join a custom game for 1 to 10 players.Sandbox Mode: Create and launch a 1-player custom game to play in sandbox mode.Com Bar: Text or VoIP chat from any menu, the automatch queue, or in a game.Faction Selection: Pick your faction (top right) before you join a custom- or auto-match game.Recycling: Press “delete” to scuttle units (to immediately refund CP) or your crawler (to redeploy).While scuttling, units are immobile and can briefly still be killed for points. Be careful!New Map “Blood and Sand”: New environment and a new layout, complete with pre-placed defenses.Idle Kick: After 90 seconds of inactivity, players will be dropped to increase their teammates’ CP.

The bold green items are probably the most welcome additions. Probably not harvesting in the traditional sense but it still achieves the same result.

Full post for Nmenth...

We've taken a long look at the overall design and gameplay of C&C 4 and have made some significant changes and enhancements for Beta Rev 7. In addition to all of your feedback, we also had the privilege of hosting 8 of our top pro C&C players here at EALA last week to help us rapidly iterate on new feature designs and refine the balance of our game. We assure you, these players spoke for all C&C multiplayer fanatics! The feedback and iteration produced was nothing short of fantastic and quite beneficial to the game. We hope you'll agree that the gameplay differences between Rev 6 and Rev 7 are like night and day with the new addition of Tiberium harvesting, Tier 3 units, a new map, custom match, and so much more. When you do get to play the new rev, please take the time to let us know what you think here on the forums.

Look out for a tutorial update from designer Jeremy Feasel on a number of the major changes so you can fully understand how to best use them in game. We aim to release Rev 7 shortly, but in the mean time, here's what you can expect.

- Shadow

Because the game is constantly evolving and improving in our Dev environment, we aim to update the Beta every few weeks. Typically, our updates will alternate between Major (new features) and Minor (balance and bug fixes). This update is: MAJOR.

Rev. 7 Patch Notes:

•Tiberium: Harvest crystals for victory points or upgrades, or detonate them to decimate friends and foes!

•New Upgrades: Use the crystals you harvest to purchase upgrades (no more research times).

•Tier 3: Dozens of new units, upgrades, structures, and powers across all factions and classes.

CRITICAL Temporary hotkey: press "page down" to cycle through all units and upgrades in-game.

•Increased CP for players in games smaller then 5v5.

•Kill Points: Turn the CP cost of every unit you destroy into victory points for your team, including crawlers.

•Massive balance and lethality updates, plus directional armor: There's too much to list, every unit has been adjusted!

•Custom Match: Host or join a custom game for 1 to 10 players.

•Sandbox Mode: Create and launch a 1-player custom game to play in sandbox mode.

•Com Bar: Text or VoIP chat from any menu, the automatch queue, or in a game.

•Faction Selection: Pick your faction (top right) before you join a custom- or auto-match game.

•Recycling: Press "delete" to scuttle units (to immediately refund CP) or your crawler (to redeploy).

•While scuttling, units are immobile and can briefly still be killed for points. Be careful!

•New Map "Blood and Sand": New environment and a new layout, complete with pre-placed defenses.

•Idle Kick: After 60 seconds of inactivity, players will be dropped to increase their teammates' CP.

Because we are so early in development, there are a few known issues with this build. No need to post about these issues, but please leave feedback on anything else you encounter!

Rev. 7 Known Issues:

•Not all units and upgrades fit on-screen: for now, just press "Page Down" to show more.

•Tiberium crystals and fields have placeholder art. You'll know when you see them.

•In custom match, the host's team always spawns on the GDI side of the map (with GDI base defenses), even if they are Nod. We advise that the host always be GDI to prevent confusion while we fix this issue.

•There are a few placeholder (C&C 3) icons for units, upgrades, and abilities.

•Some error messages are not being displayed when a user is kicked from a game. The two most likely reasons are: (1) idle for 60 seconds in-game, or (2) cannot maintain the minimum framerate.

And of course, we're always hard at work on the next rev!

UNDER DEVELOPMENT:

•Player Progression (XP) and unlockable units

•A.I. (to take over when players drop)

•Party and Clan Support

•New maps and balance updates

See you online!

Wow... lots of changes. The sandbox and custom modes are the best news. Now sure about the harvesting... hope they can pull it off.

EDIT: more quotes from the thread...

from APOC

This beta patch will dramatically change the game. It should bring a lot of people back in to the beta without question.

from 2POC

Directional armor IS in Rev 7.

And a few SCRUBS youtube celebration vids...

Directional armour is back too huh. Interesting.

Directional armour is back too huh.

Was never a big fan of it myself, it makes maneuvering during combat annoying. Oh well, it's a very low concern for me.

I think I understand the original reason for it's omission, but it seemed odd that it wasn't included.

off-topic - are all the 'staff' in the beta? ie. Can I discuss this Beta in staff forums?

off-topic - are all the 'staff' in the beta? ie. Can I discuss this Beta in staff forums?

Troopzor isn't, is he? And Malevolence isn't staff, trying to exclude him?

Not trying to exclude... sorry.

I was trying to justify a lack of news posts due to being busy with this news beta, when it occured to me... maybe not all the staff are in the Beta.

I forgot about Troopzor - so I made the right call at least!

Keep all beta discussion in this forum. Its safer that way ;)

About the hotkeys, I wish they could just stick to the hotkeys used in RA3. Or allow customizable hotkeys at least.

Yes finally Tiberium is harvestable at last! By what, crawler?

:unsure:

hmm... will it be just be a RA3 ore node?

Or some kind of ra2-yuri-mobile-refinery?

Someone made a post a long time ago suggesting a HOMEWORLD design, that it need mini-crawlers for like a science lab. I always thought that was a good idea or compromise to base building. So I would support a harvy crawler. But I also wonder if there will be artificial limits on the harvies, or you can spam to hearts content.

Remember Tib isn't used for production, its only for upgrades (at this time). So I doubt you'll need 7000c/s coming in or anything stupid like that. Probably just the one harvester or whatever does the harvesting by a field. THERE BETTER BE FIELDS!

yeah... this is the next curly point... we have the TCN now... so how does this new game mechanic work?

I guess we'll see soon enough.

Once we have custom game lobby, next thing is to organise a CNCNZ match... probably over the weekend to accommodate different timezones.