Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Dragon Age: Origins

Anybody getting this latest roleplaying game from EA? What do you guys think about this latest RPG? Release date is a few days from now.

This is one of EA's latest games I am following since David Silverman (who left EALA and BCPT in the summer) was involved in the development.

Its not an EA game, they are publishing it, Bioware is actually developing it. I'm getting it, as it seems like a good old fashioned RPG. I saw Silverman hosting that Warden day contest thing, where they had a bunch of people fighting it out. It was kinda funny seeming him there. :P

Hopefully this game is simliar to The Witcher, which was a pretty cool RPG in its own way. :)

As for me, I'll be getting it as well. I downloaded the free character creator, and it seems robust on a few levels.

Edited by Dr. Rodney McKay

So, anyone have it? Thoughts? I heard the launch was rough but I've heard great things about the game.

I've got it, put about 50 hours into it thus far. I'm kinda pissing around though, just exploring everything killing everything. The difficulty level and scaling makes the game more "tactical" than your usual RPG. On hard and nightmare levels, you won't be able to just rush into battles and expect to win. This can be frustrating at times, especially early on before you get the hang of how combat should work and what you should be doing.

The story is kinda typical of this environment, you start out as a nobody, and rise to save the entire universe. The game tries, sometimes to much so, to be mature and adult. It kinda feels weak at some points.

The one major problem with this game is, that I should be able to kill absolutely everyone in a game.. :( That is why Oblivion was so cool, entire cities slaughtered, ahh good times. ^_^ But in this game you have to suffer some truly HORRIBLE characters, some are even your friends, yeah right.