Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Still playing?

I've seen gben a few times online, and Mal but no one else. Aren't you guys playing any more? :(

Haven't in a while. It's too disappointing. It's not like I can report any bugs on the official forums anyway, so there's really no reason other than entertainment value for me to play, and it's not a fun game for me. I can only hope the storyline is better than the gameplay or that they make some massive improvements before release, although I doubt it is possible to rectify this mess without completely scrapping the thing and starting over.

I just added this little rankings chart to my profile yesterday, it seems relevant to show it here now:

CNCranks.png

Uprising and Tiberian Twilight are orange because (as far as the non-secret beta people are concerned) I haven't played them yet and base my opinion on what I know of them.

Although it shows a five-star ranking system, there are actually 100 pixels from top to bottom, so is in reality a 1-100 scale. As you can see, I gave TT a score of 49/100 and that is my honest current feelings toward it.

Haven't in a while. It's too disappointing. It's not like I can report any bugs on the official forums anyway, so there's really no reason other than entertainment value for me to play

Send an e-mail to [email protected] and tell APOC you can't access the forums (and/or beta forums). He will check your forums account for you.

As for me. Still sitting on the grand total of 3 games played. Just haven't had the time to play.

I've lost count to the number of games played, but this time round its getting harder to see people online to play a decent match.

Send an e-mail to [email protected] and tell APOC you can't access the forums (and/or beta forums). He will check your forums account for you.

Did that on October 7th. Mailed back and forth a couple times, then he stopped responding for a bit, then suddenly asked if I still had the problem, replied I did. No further emails since, and no fix. :mellow:

So tonight I plan to be online and playing... anyone care to join me?

From around 8pm AEST Sydney time... maybe earlier.

Now that custom matching is in perhaps we should be arrange some games.

Keep in mind that I really have no idea how this game works.

Maybe we can try to schedule a few hours this weekend, so we can all manage the timezones...

An idea...We can have few games to explore the units... maybe with the experienced players battling in the north, and the noobs exploring in the South of the map... that way we can try to keep everyone happy.

:)

Still APOC's email response to the roundtable - could mean a new patch is coming...

Great stuff, 2POC will promote this on our official site. Please feel free to ping us anytime. We have a ton of **** happening this week. Keep your eyes peeled.

...and that could mean a good excuse to get together and play!

I also think we should also try and do a mini-article / or a round-table on the beta experience that can be posted as soon as it's public.

I also think we should also try and do a mini-article / or a round-table on the beta experience that can be posted as soon as it's public.

Maybe not. Sonic says this forum will go public, everyone will be able to read what we wrote here. Besides, if I wrote a review, I would have to be honest, and my opinion of this game is less than stellar. I wouldn't want to turn others away when there is already so much skepticism and controversy surrounding this game. It is better that they try it themselves to decide whether they like/hate it then be dissuaded by my personal experience.

Note to you future people who will be reading this, do not assume the game is bad just because you fear it will be and I say it was for me. Everyone's gaming experience is different and it would be a shame to throw away a series you have been following for X number of years without testing it yourself first. Besides, I will buy this game anyway, so it's not like it is so bad it will melt your eyeballs and fry your brain.

Nevertheless, if Sonic likes your idea and wants real opinions from across the spectrum, I will not refuse.

I'm thinking that most people are really going to troll through these forums and read our thoughts and that it would be nice to have a concise collection of thoughts as a quick update.

I think everyone's experience and honest opinion is valid, because we do have a variety of personalities here at the forums.

An alternative is I create a new BETA-RELEASE thread similiar to the "first impressions" threads and you can all just add your response to the main questions.

I'm working on lost of questions for it now anyway...

I'm thinking that most people are really going to troll through these forums and read our thoughts

Which makes me wonder if when Sonic opens these to the public, if they are all going to be automatically locked. Wanted to ask this before, but didn't think it was important enough to start a new topic and didn't want to just throw it out there randomly. So what's the plan, Sonic?

I'm working on lost of questions for it now anyway...

Huh? Did you mean to say lots of questions, or a list of questions?

The plan is to open this forum to all once the beta is officially public. No thread will be closed or removed. At least not at this stage.

Heh - yep lots of questions it should be.

How about I prepare a list of questions, everyone can answer, and you can just sticky the thread?

Hmm...

HA! I was in the beta long before you! ^_^

For future reference. ;)

Heh - yep lots of questions it should be.

How about I prepare a list of questions, everyone can answer, and you can just sticky the thread?

Go ahead. Please list down the questions and I'll be answering them. :thumbsup:

I've been playing Dragon Age origns these last few days. I REALLY like that game its so much fun.

You know what I feel when I play C&C4? Boredom, pure boredom, and a serious lack to continue playing. I seriously doubt if I'll even buy the game at this rate. Might just ****** it for the SP component. That is how much this game bores me... Oh well. Its just not very engaging, and the whole team aspect is terrible, since it so hard to get any games going...

You know what I feel when I play C&C4? Boredom, pure boredom, and a serious lack to continue playing. I seriously doubt if I'll even buy the game at this rate. Might just ****** it for the SP component. That is how much this game bores me... Oh well. Its just not very engaging, and the whole team aspect is terrible, since it so hard to get any games going...

I agree that it is boring, but I wouldn't say being unable to get a game going is a reason to not like it as it will surely be easier when the actual game is out and more people are playing.

As for me, unless something drastic changes, I predict that I will have no further interest in beta testing this game until release and will buy it when it's price drops to 50% or less for the campaigns. I doubt I will play it in multiplayer more than once or twice, if at all, and probably lose interest in skirmishes within a month. I have very low expectations for the campaigns as well, and unless they can make them nice and long (+20 hours of play time), I will probably be disappointed by the whole disaster that was once the great series known as Command & Conquer.

I can only hope now that Red Alert does not follow in Tiberium's footsteps, although that will be a poor consolation as Tiberium was the better universe in my opinion.

I hate to be a Jarzka here, but the time comes when I must finally admit EA have really ruined a great series.

I've been thinking a lot about the different dynamics of 5v5 and 1v1, in reference to games like Battlefield which disperse the game with bots, and drop-in for live games.

Perhaps drop-in would dramatically change the game too much, but I think bots would help liven up the action.

Aren't you guys playing any more? :(

I stopped when I started working again... and I wasn't too impressed with the game either.

I haven't played in over a week, because no-one has been online when I tried to play.

I wasn't interested enough to hang around and wait though.

I'll probably try to play during the more 'open' beta phase.

(I'm wondering if I'll get a second beta key through my RA3 purchase? Then at least I can set up a second comp for a friend.)

I haven't played in over a week, because no-one has been online when I tried to play.

I wasn't interested enough to hang around and wait though.

I'll probably try to play during the more 'open' beta phase.

(I'm wondering if I'll get a second beta key through my RA3 purchase? Then at least I can set up a second comp for a friend.)

Same here. In fact I played once or twice occasionally on the boring single sandbox mode for the sake of playing. I'm looking forward to see more people online.

If they release another revision, I'll pop in and have a look. But at the moment, the game is just dull..

Eh, its just a bug fix patch. I'm waiting for gameplay changes.