Koen

TibEd 2.1: test it now

You can now download TibEd 2.1 from http://staff.science.uva.nl/~ksande/files/setuptibed21.exe . Please check if everything still works for you, as a lot has been changed since the last release.

What's new (build 391):

• Completely changed the main user interface: instead of floating windows, TibEd 2 is now based on a browserstyle tab interface. The main menu and toolbar now use Office-style the Ribbons. Properly use XP-style components.
  • Upgraded to Delphi 2010, Unicode versions of all controls. Dropped Scintilla (no Unicode version available), lost syntax highlighting and line numbers
  • Added typing in the object tree: handy when going somewhere.
  • C&C3: Fixed case where Sage XML had Defines, but no Includes (crashed TheaterOfWarTemplate in C&C3 editor)
  • C&C3: Fixed case where Includes had a relative path (e.g. NODVertigo_SeedTiberium for the include of NODArmageddonBomber). The relative path is now rewritten properly.
  • C&C3: no longer use the vcredist_x86.exe for Visual C++ 2005 runtime. Now, it is packaged with the mod SDK. This saves a lot of installation time and unneeded DLLs.
  • C&C3: Nod Other->IonCannonShield crashed, Nod Other->Power Store crashed, because they are map-specific/singleplayer buildings. They should not have been there in the first place.
  • BUGFIX: built with PREFER_UNICODE on, and do not crash (unlike beta 5f)
  • BUGFIX: Dragging the tree form splitter now works
  • BUGFIX: fixed game folder browsing text
  • BUGFIX: fix main window not getting focus after starting new project
  • BUGFIX: Log window behaves better now: it has a taskbar button, and minimizes and closes properly
  • Known issue: inheritsFrom bug (for UpgradeTemplates); if the base object is in the same file, there is no include (yet).

Please let me know if you have tested it by posting in this thread.

Updated to build 407: now JPG backgrounds are supported, and the edit form tab buttons have also been replaced by a proper tab control.

Removed changing of text font: use consistent Windows fonts throughout the application.

Updated to build 416: new default background, this build will automatically switch you to the new background.

What does this tool do? Does it work with the C&C3 mod sdk? And what about RA3 support? Was that not included in this tool?

There is no RA3 support (for now).

For C&C3, all you need to do is install TibEd, create a new project, change some stuff in the XML files (by browsing through the game assets). And then hit "build mod" or "play mod". It is meant to simplify the workflow significantly.

Updated to build 419: add the ObjectCreationList editor for Generals/Zero Hour back in. Fix minor refresh bug in the list editor: when pasting or adding empty, didn't refresh.

First I would like to say that TibEd 2.1 kicks ass. This is the first editor that I was able to get to work for CCNGZH v1.04 and paying the registration fee is worth the price. But I am now having a problem. When I start TibEd it stops loading at about 90% and I get the following error message.

Error (UncaughtException)

Please report this error message and steps to recreate the error on TibEd forums (http://www.tibed.net/forums) unless the error message below makes sence.

TibEd could be unstable now!

Error type: EAccessViolation

Error message: Access violation at address 006AB700 in module 'TibEd2.exe'. Read of address 0000000C

I don't know how to fix this. I have tried many times to put the key code in but it does not seem to take. The loading window still states that the trial period is over. I am not computer savy so I don't know how to put the key code directly into the TibEd folder.

I did not pay for registration untill after the trial period had ended so I don't know if that has something to do with this error too.

On the upside I can close the loading window without the program closing. However the "start new project" no longer works on the TibEd 2.1 (build 419). To get around this I click the "open existing project" button. But there is a catch. If I choose a mod that was created before the trial period ended then it will work fine. If I want to use a mod that was created after the trial period ended then I have to choose one that was created before the end of trial period, then click the "open project" in the mod project tab, then I can choose the mod that was created after the trial period. If I don't do that in the order I stated then I will get an error message that reads...

TibEd 2

TibEd 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Edited by geo

Geo, this shouldn't be related to the trial period at all. If TibEd is still responsive, can you try to go to the "Debug" tab, and press the "Show Log" button? The text in that window will tell me what the "uncaught exception" is. That will help in narrowing it down.

what about the error "No .BIG file has been created" has that been fixed yet???

update:

I think I know what caused the error on mine...i changed my mods name to less than 8 characters long and it worked...maybe cause the file name was too long

Edited by AztrullGray

That's an interesting case actually: it is related to how the Mod SDK has problems with folder names with long names (or actually, it is hard to start the SDK build tool from such a folder). I should test for this condition in the next version (when that gets done...).

ive installed the tibed 2.1

i run the program and try to start a new project, and it freezes, the whole program...

Ok i close it and run it again and now im doin nothing... and there is an error message " There was an error which was not handled by any code

error type :EAcessViolation

Error message :Acess violation at adress 006AB6B8 in module ´tibed2.exe´. Read of acess 0000000C" is the same error message as above

I dont have any mods for cnc3 installed on my computer

so whats the problem with the Tibed 2.1 ???

Please help

See if you can go into the Debug menu and select the "Show Log" option, this should be able to tell you more about what is going wrong.

The likelihood of a new release with better C&C3 support is higher than RA3 suport. Although I started on RA3 support, it wasn't actually working yet with the compiler and stuff. However, I can tell you for sure that it will be months before anything happens... work, work.

Your Link expire. Also can you provide a new Tibed that also supports Dune 2k or make an Alternative Expansion version to the older one that supported Dune 2k?

Edited by Warnen

I'm quite dissapointed how this proggy didnt get any more love AT ALL

last updated 11 years ago

still missing cloning units/weapons for CnC 3

you could at least add a button to add new section/subsection to add our own stuff

still spews out random error messages and refuses to "compile" even if code is correctly done on proper places

Edited by Exley