Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

What ever happened on August 7, 2009?

If you look at the bottom of the CNCNZ forums:

"Most users ever online was 162 on Friday 7th August 2009 6:09 AM"

Any ideas what happened on that day? I do know one thing that is not an answer: the 12th anniversary of CNCNZ. The CommandCom event was even later than that date.

Usually this forum doesn't get a lot of users logged in every day except for guests.

Apparently was a wave of bots. They were creating and viewing members profiles for some reason. They were frolicking freely for a few days before Sonic took care of them.

Purely a coincedence of alot of people online and a load of bots 'frolicking' I'm guessing.

Edited by BioBen

Purely a coincedence of alot of people online and a load of bots 'frolicing' I'm guessing.

Mostly it was just the bots. Probably less than 10% were legitimate users, which wouldn't have been enough to bump the previous online record.

And you misspelled 'frolicking'.

Yeah it was bots. There was a security hole in the forum software, IPS released a patch to quickly fix it. These bots got in, viewed user profiles and attempted to mass spam via private messages.

I can reset the stat I think. It was previously around 60.

I can reset the stat I think. It was previously around 60.

Can you roll it back to the actual number or has that history been permanently erased? Because if you had to just guess as to what it was... that wouldn't really be any more official than having 150 bots messing with the numbers.

I just double checked, the "Most online" stat can only be reset to zero or left as it is.

Let's do a reset then, and so we can find the highest peak since October 2009 :)

Let's do a reset then, and so we can find the highest peak since October 2009 :)

True. I say we start the stats to zero all over again.

Let's do a reset then

I disagree, it is called Most users ever online, I think that unless it is changed to Most users online since November 2009, the stats should not be reset.

So to celebrate of 12 (or 13th) birthday lets try and legitimately get more users than bots online and break the record!!!

I think you guys obsess over little things a bit much. :P

I think you guys obsess over little things a bit much. :P

But nobody obsesses over you as much as you do, so we don't care what you think, take that. :P

If it were something that prevented the forums forums from working or caused problems I would have done something about it ages ago. Its just a number on the screen, not important.

I think I just caught myself a Nmenth fish... Pitty its a bit small, I might just throw it back, see what else I can catch. :P

I think I just caught myself a Nmenth fish... Pitty its a bit small, I might just throw it back, see what else I can catch. :P

Zing!

Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? Or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?