Troopzor

Rumour: EA Job Cuts to Include C&C Team

Recently EA has begun laying off many employees. Now, a report over at Kotaku says that these layoffs will greatly effect the EALA Command & Conquer development team.

Electronic Arts announced yesterday it would be eliminating 1,500 jobs, cutting a dozen in-development games and closing "several facilities." According to multiple sources, those cutbacks include studios like Pandemic, Maxis and nearly the entire Command & Conquer team.

Sources tell Kotaku that the team working on Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight was warned of its fate today, with almost the entire team expected to be let go after the real-time strategy game ships some time in 2010.

Also said to be affected heavily are Spore and former-Sims studio EA Maxis, social network gaming acquisition Rupture Studios, and Mercenaries and The Saboteur creators Pandemic Studios LA. Those development studios are said to be hit with substantial layoffs, according to a source, with remaining employees relocated to EA headquarters in Los Angeles and Redwood Shores.

EA is rumored to have already laid off staff at Tiburon, Mythic Entertainment and Black Box, reports which the company has yet to confirm.

We've reached out to Electronic Arts to verify these latest details, but have not yet heard back.

This is some bad news, and if this all proves to be true, this puts the future of C&C into questionable status.

Oh dear... this could be bad.

As unsurprising as that would be, it is most unfortunate.

I feel sorry for the devs. I'm not worried about C&C franchise, I'm only worried about C&C4.

Edited by mirza044

Well there goes post game support. They better have it balanced on release else we are truly screwed...

once again the fast ass EA bosses blame the poor developers for not achieving this year's task of getting a new Ferrari maybe its one of them. :angry:

how the hell are they gonna sell if they do not invest?

so thats why all this outsourcing after all........and the "last chapter of tiberium"

well EA you are idiots killing developers and a series like that.

and by thinking making it online only will save you......you are so mistaken.

go ahead and buy facebook game companies you f******* idiots.....

did you tell your new empploys than when the stupid facebook flash game "fasion" will fade away (prety soon) all of them will be fired? did you told them that?

a new team should be formed, and find a new home that actually invest $ to cont the fransize.-

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I hope APOC comes by soon to explain what's going on over there.

I hope so too. This being my first news post, not fun...

i dont think APOC can talk outloude about that guys!

and as an other user said

"This is one reason why Square Enix (supreame commander 2) gets so much respect from me. When the world's economies were beginning to tank, Square came out and announced that the top brass was taking a 15% pay cut so they would not have to lay off its workers."
Edited by Johnnyxp64

I tried talking to him through Twitter and Facebook but not much luck there.

Guys, you know Apoc can't say anything, otherwise he would totally be all over this....a sad day :(

Yea, if he gets hit by the layoffs then I do wish him luck. He did pretty good for dealing with us whiney C&C fans for so long lol

i dont think APOC can talk outloude about that guys!

Guys, you know Apoc can't say anything, otherwise he would totally be all over this....

I realize that he might be gagged, but we need something official to back/shoot down these reports.

I realize that he might be gagged, but we need something official to back/shoot down these reports.

I think the only official comment we'll get is not gonna be said until about a month to a week before C&C's release, if this proves to be true that is. If it's false then we should hear something by the end of the night or week :)

The layoffs does not mean that some will be thrown in the towel and go home.

Apoc is still safe no matter what. Besides he still has the banhammer!

Edited by purplescrin

I cant believe this is actually happening.

Im really sad for all the dev team, and I hope C&C will continue in some way, at a different studio.

I really cant imagine my life without C&C (/without hoping for a new C&C soon..)

and I cant help but wonder – what support C&C 4 will have after the dev team is gone?!

i hope this doesnt kill the dev team's their morale for developing C&C4...

who knows, EA might sell C&C, who knows to a better company

Who knows to an even worse

So sad, The full newspost was that EA aquired themself some unknown company for 125million + 60 million or so

and that they will cut 1500+ Employees all over the world

Gotta love modern economy

Give C&C license to the Renegade X team anyone? :rolleyes:

I whole heartedly support this. lol

i hope this doesnt kill the dev team's their morale for developing C&C4...

who knows, EA might sell C&C, who knows to a better company

Who knows to an even worse

So sad, The full newspost was that EA aquired themself some unknown company for 125million + 60 million or so

and that they will cut 1500+ Employees all over the world

Gotta love modern economy

What if Blizzard got the rights to C&C? That would be interesting to see what they make with it... Command and Conquer: Starcraft: Tiberian Zerg Rush

It does say,

According to multiple sources, those cutbacks include studios like Pandemic, Maxis and nearly the entire Command & Conquer team.

nearly... not all... so maybe there will still be enough left for balance and bug patches? If APOC isn't going either, they must have something in mind for the future of C&C, although how much exactly is hard to say.

It would really be too bad if Tiberian Twilight was the final C&C (especially since it is under par in my and quite of few others' opinions).

I whole heartedly support this. lol

What if Blizzard got the rights to C&C? That would be interesting to see what they make with it... Command and Conquer: Starcraft: Tiberian Zerg Rush

wait wait!

think about the advantages!!

if you can find me any, please post up!

wait wait!

think about the advantages!!

if you can find me any, please post up!

lol. Hard to thing of positive things with the current situation :(