Sonic

Command & Conquer 4 Mechanics Revealed Trailer

On a maybe related note, I see your Interest in C&C4: and Confidence in EA: bars bottomed out... what caused that to suddenly happen?

Heh... I noticed that too.

It is obvious, it looks like the dev team did a lot of very bad moves of how they present the game. And just as I feared, their production is now on wackiness more than their seriousness, mostly on Nod. The first insult was the scorpion-shaped vehicle, then the stupid scorpion-looking Saboteur, and much worse, the Avatar itself. I'm sure many people are going to go face palm by these, worse still, I'm sure even hardcore fans are beginning to lose interest in an instant. Sure, they can buy C&C4, but once it's done and read Kane's final story, future C&C games (Whether if it's Generals 2 or RA4) will not be in their interest anymore.

Imagine the game sites would to give the ratings, I can be sure that C&C4's rating may go lower than C&C3's & RA3's.

Edited by Silverthorn

Everything seems to be going downhill, look at the disappointment with the fans, look at the internal problems with EA, look at the heavily criticized gameply. Gee, this is going really bad.

That's why I have a lot of doubts on what they are doing now, forget my CGI demands, I knew they cannot retain themselves financially.

And yes, the downhill is going to become down the drain soon if the dev team don't fix things properly. Gameplay is one thing, but unit models are another, especially most of the Nod units need to be changed. C&C3 ones were already good, but why C&C4's now tumbling down. I'm sure even Kane himself don't like to see his own Nod units look wacky & silly, or worse, stupid!

PS : I hope the game doesn't end up like the Tiberium FPS. The CEOs of EA may kill the game if the dev team don't fix themselves up.

Edited by Silverthorn

units need to be changed. C&C3 ones were already good

...by comparison maybe.

I had issues with a couple C&C3 designs.

Guest Stevie_K

I just think TS units was some serious units, while C&C3 is less serious and C&C4 is as less serious as RA3.

The first C&C games however was dead serious.

It's like adding paintball bullets in a diehard FPS. like Doom or Halo :o

To be fair TD didn't have the same visual quality that you have now, so making things look serious was easier back in the day... That being said that stupid GDI advanced guard tower was horrible looking. :P

The C&C3 models are far superior to that of C&C4. That and hte scale of units in this game is all out of wack...

Everything seems to be going downhill, look at the disappointment with the fans, look at the internal problems with EA, look at the heavily criticized gameply. Gee, this is going really bad.

i reordered it just to support the team, not the EA but i will have to agree with @Mal.

it seems all of us agree that the Units (specially Nod) are very very silly. and we liked most of the rest....effects animation...etc.

we really hope they will change all those silly models until End of February 2010? i dont think so. i hope so.

if some or all of those Model units are allready into some (cause there are not gonna be lots as we understand due to money issue) CGI then those models are Dead final. :(

do you remember that they (EALA) were screaming that the Red Alert Universe and Tiberium Universe will have totally separate paths, well after all those years they merge it without understanding it by making those silly models that reminds Red Alerts Universe.

as i said months ago with red alert 3 we all do the same think.

when a new game is under dev and finally out we tend to judge it especial in the unit modeling Worst than the previous one.

i remember people saing years ago than cnc 3 wasnt that realistic compared to TS etc, but now we all appreciate those TW units and we say that

CnC3 and Kanes Wrath models are the Best Ever, compared to those one....

and i am asking YOU ALL are we "sick" or is the team is loosing the "touch" and creativity with every new game?

so now we are all back where we started.......once more. what an irony. :eyebrow:

Edited by Johnnyxp64

For the last C&C game to be done by EA they made a very very very poor job, C&C 3 was the last great C&C game, the only thin wrong with C&C 3 they could have done a lot more to it be for it came out. To aks me would I get C&C 4 I have to say I don't Know becouse the game is badly made.

For the last C&C game to be done by EA they made a very very very poor job, C&C 3 was the last great C&C game, the only thin wrong with C&C 3 they could have done a lot more to it be for it came out. To aks me would I get C&C 4 I have to say I don't Know becouse the game is badly made.

ok lets not be so absolute for something that is not out yet! you cant use past tense "the game is badly made" cause its not done Yet!

still we dont know, ok it look bad in some point so far, the company looks even worst and the future is dark... but not done yet.

nothing is over untill is over.... so lets pray they hear our thoughts and do some serious remake untill the March. asap.

as i said months ago with red alert 3 we all do the same think.

when a new game is under dev and finally out we tend to judge it especial in the unit modeling Worst than the previous one.

i remember people saing years ago than cnc 3 wasnt that realistic compared to TS etc, but now we all appreciate those TW units and we say that

CnC3 and Kanes Wrath models are the Best Ever, compared to those one....

and i am asking YOU ALL are we "sick" or is the team is loosing the "touch" and creativity with every new game?

so now we are all back where we started.......once more. what an irony. :eyebrow:

But that's the thing, they are getting progressively worse, in terms of design or visual implementation (or both, it varies from unit/structure to unit/structure). It's a relative comparison. Yeah C&C3 is much better than C&C4 in some design/visual aspects and I can appreciate that, but I'm not going to worship C&C3 as being "the best ever" because TS is still better than C&C3 in some aspects. Just because C&C4 has rolled around doesn't mean the past comparisons have suddenly evaporated.

And my meters bottomed out because I give up. This is the most gamey C&C title that EA has produced to date and there's no chance of that outcome changing. There's no way the in-game visuals or gameplay will live up to the story because they're completely at odds with each other.

But that's the thing, they are getting progressively worse, in terms of design or visual implementation (or both, it varies from unit/structure to unit/structure). It's a relative comparison. Yeah C&C3 is much better than C&C4 in some design/visual aspects and I can appreciate that, but I'm not going to worship C&C3 as being "the best ever" because TS is still better than C&C3 in some aspects. Just because C&C4 has rolled around doesn't mean the past comparisons have suddenly evaporated.

And my meters bottomed out because I give up. This is the most gamey C&C title that EA has produced to date and there's no chance of that outcome changing. There's no way the in-game visuals or gameplay will live up to the story because they're completely at odds with each other.

This is really concerning. And its not just you, but to see these words (regardless of if they are true or not) coming from one of the first and most active C&C fans, is heart wrenching to say the least. The fact that someone of your experience would say something like that should really hit home with EA, and hopefully it does.

I think they have nailed the GDI designs, they all look great. But I will agree that many Nod units need some changes made. If you look closely at the trailer you will notice the Flame Tank has been changed. First and foremost the Avatar and Engineer need an overhaul. The only Nod units that look the part are the Crawlers and Salamander.

If they ever change them, that's cool.... if they don't, no big deal. Its just a game :mellow:

Underwhelming trailer :/

Cancelling this game is EA's only hope...

Edited by Jarzka

I think they have nailed the GDI designs, they all look great. But I will agree that many Nod units need some changes made. If you look closely at the trailer you will notice the Flame Tank has been changed. First and foremost the Avatar and Engineer need an overhaul. The only Nod units that look the part are the Crawlers and Salamander.

Yeah most of the GDI designs are at least fairly solid, although a few could use some heavy reworking. GDI's main problem is just proportions of different parts of the meshes, and unit-vs-unit scaling.

Nod on the other hand... *shudders*

-edit- More on topic though, this "mechanics" trailer didn't really show much in the way of mechanics. "Earn experience" showed a single unit getting +5 for a kill (although there were a couple of other +XP popups after that, they were much smaller). "Unlock new units" didn't show any unlocking, just a row of the T3 units and a barely-legible text tooltip pointing at a pre-existing upgrade turret on a crawler; it should have shown the actual process of clicking the upgrade button on the HUD, and the resulting animation of the upgrade deploying. Other than that it was all just stuff shooting at each other which is standard for any trailer, and a few walking/deploying crawlers. You can call that okay for a regular video, but I wouldn't specifically have said it was supposed to draw attention to the game's mechanics.

Edited by Mighty BOB!

Underwhelming trailer :/

Cancelling this game is EA's only hope...

Thus saving themselves from embarrassment? Sure, why not, but they can't, because it'll leave us hanging when Kane's final story is not read finished to us yet. :(

Edited by Silverthorn

How about they finish all the FMVs and storyline, then scrap the rest of the game and give it to the C&C community to finish (along with their remaining budget, of course). :P

Is that the voice of EVA in the video?

It reminds me of the Empire of the Rising Sun.

Thus saving themselves from embarrassment? Sure, why not, but they can't, because it'll leave us hanging when Kane's final story is not read finished to us yet. :(

Yeah, the only interesting thing in this game is only Kane's story, but is it worth to 50€? I don't thinks so. I can read the final story from Wikipedia ;)

Is that the voice of EVA in the video?

It reminds me of the Empire of the Rising Sun.

Probably the same voice actor.

Probably the same voice actor.

If that is the final voice for EVA, then I am disappointed.