Sign in to follow this  
Gben

Minor Comment about the state of the union...

EA_Shadow

C&C Developer

We're hard at work on the next major rev (and, of course, finishing the actual game!). We read the forums every day and take it all under consideration.

We used to get <1 page of new threads per day, but now I've seen as many as 4-5 per day (!) so it's hard to actually type a response... most of the time I'm only able to note the feedback into our database and prioritize it, then move on.

Take a look at the next patch when it's out, or consider all the community-inspired changes we added in the most recent major rev, and you'll see that we're listening. I might even post a patch preview thread soon.

I haven't played in two weeks now. Only because there is no game open and ready for me to join when I log in and I can't be bothered waiting for 10 mins. To clarify there is often someone who is hosting a game, but he's the only person in it.

This was a response to the thread noting few EA responses to feedback and small quantity of people online...

I haven't played in two weeks now. Only because there is no game open and ready for me to join when I log in and I can't be bothered waiting for 10 mins.

small quantity of people online...

I'll attribute that to the fact that C&C4 is as boring as a termite. (it's a pun)

Boring enough for me to uninstall it.

It's the MP that is boring. I'm only interested in SP stuff.

It's the MP that is boring. I'm only interested in SP stuff.

Indeed, a great set of campaigns will almost rectify the whole mess. I can only hope it will exceed expectations rather than fall short as what I've seen so far has.

The beta is quite dead at the moment. I'm looking forward to see how this different gameplay is going to work out on Single Player.

I played a 4vs4 last Sunday, that was pretty nice. I had no clue what was going on it the game or what to build, but playing Defense class and camping at one of the TCN nodes is pretty deadly. I don't get the harvesting at all though. What's the point? Research points? It doesn't make sense at all.

Harvesting to unlock tier 2... it's much better than earlier revs... but the space-borne delivery just defies belief.

I think the big worry is we're all hoping the SP pulls the fat out of the fire, and the SP is the thing that kills the messiah!

I enjoyed the Uprising missions (i've almost done them again) so here's hoping that the trend continues in C&C4.

Koen - can you remember much about the SP mission from commandcom?

Does it bode well for the future?

I wouldn't be surprised if SP, was just them using MP maps and setting up a few objectives here and there... Its not like they haven't done it before....

I played a 4vs4 last Sunday, that was pretty nice. I had no clue what was going on it the game or what to build, but playing Defense class and camping at one of the TCN nodes is pretty deadly. I don't get the harvesting at all though. What's the point? Research points? It doesn't make sense at all.

The harvesting was kinda strange though. Tiberium crystals that fall from the sky? A unit that captures it has the crystals floating above his head. Pretty realistic if you ask me. I hope something is done from there.

I wouldn't be surprised if SP, was just them using MP maps and setting up a few objectives here and there... Its not like they haven't done it before....

I hope that when they make SP maps they should bear in mind that it need not be symmetrical maps.