Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

C&C 4 Unit Profile - Nod Cyborg Commando

There is new Command & Conquer 4 unit profile on the Official C&C Site. Today we get a profile on the Nod Cyborg Commando. As always this profile features a short in game video, concept art and extra information. Here is a sample....

thumb_concept35.jpg thumb_concept34.jpg

In the early 21st century Nod developed an artificial intelligence so advanced that it nearly conquered the world in Kane's absence. CABAL was dangerous enough to humanity that GDI and Nod were forced to band together to defeat it. The successful alliance against CABAL would later serve as a crucial argument in Kane's plan to once again unite Nod and GDI under the banner of peace, this time to build a Tiberium Control Network that could salvage the Earth from certain ecological devastation.

You can view the full Nod Cyborg Commando profile here.

You know what this reminds me of? Little red riding hood. :P The TS one had much more character imo.

Gosh! The design is ... and the laser weaponry is not impressive. Almost every Nod unit is using lasers?!

Is there no other suitable choice like plasma from TS?

i'm expecting something like Terminator or Predator or cheese-covered Lego.

its not even a commando...no way...

Edited by VampireA05

Oh that's a horrible model! My prediction is still true, their seriousness drops, and therefore, more fans will run away. If they want to read Kane's final story, they rather get them from those who plays the game.

Now it looks more like I don't want to buy such a horrible game, if I want to read the story, there's always Wikipedia or the CNC Wiki.

EDIT : Speaking of badassness, this one's lame. KW ones were ok, but TS ones are always the most badass cyborgs I ever seen (Oh, don't forget Firestorm's CABAL's Reapers). Imagine if the Avatar would to be an infantry size instead. :D

In this case, I'm not sure if their QA team were good at inspection, but since we are the real QA people here, we find this as a total rejection. Cover story will NOT work as it only covers the mistake rather than a cure to the disease.

Edited by Silverthorn

That thing doesn't deserve to be called a cyborg at all... More like a StarCraft Firebat....

Now it looks more like I don't want to buy such a horrible game, if I want to read the story, there's always Wikipedia or the CNC Wiki.

You mean like this? XD

http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=172593

The design for this Nod commando is poor, very poorly done. The weapon looks wrong, and everything just look wrong. Firepower seems unimpressive, and looks weak for a commando IMO.

you dint lied when u posted the Sokar Jaffa.........

DOUBLE U TEE F?

What is this? Seriously, common. What is wrong with the Nod unit creators?They can create GDI units the way i would like them to see, but the Nod?

What they should bring out is something looking like a Cyborg! This thing is happily running trough the field, it weapon is a FLUKE looking stupid laser. What is wrong with EALA?

Back to the workbench with this one!

I think this is one of the better Nod designs. I like it :thumbsup:

I think this is one of the better Nod designs. I like it :thumbsup:

It should get some better animations and effects. Like a laser that makes sense to its power. This is just a small thin red light

and the happily running and jumping..........

You mean like this? XD

That is good one ^_^

The developers hoped that such a new gameplay introduction would force the C&C fans to forget about the series altogether and save themselves the trouble of working on the next C&C game. However, things never worked out the way they hoped for. Command & Conquer fans continuously bombarded the entire official forums day and night swearing and whining like there's no tomorrow. Still oblivious to what caused the uproar, the developers decided to revert the classic Command & Conquer Sidebar Interface to a generic RTS bottombar interface, much similar to Starcraft and hoped that would solve everything. This caused an even larger outroar among the community and the some fans even committed suicide over the matter. Still clueless, the developers decide to remove all Tiberium harvesting mechanisms ingame and now there will be occasional capturable blue and green crystals depositing from the sky. The new revolutionized gameplay upsetted the community even more and after everything, the developers are still oblivious to what went wrong in the production of the game.

This is the best description of what EA doing to the C&C4.

It looks like it is firing when it is not. Looks weird.

The developers hoped that such a new gameplay introduction would force the C&C fans to forget about the series altogether and save themselves the trouble of working on the next C&C game. However, things never worked out the way they hoped for. Command & Conquer fans continuously bombarded the entire official forums day and night swearing and whining like there's no tomorrow. Still oblivious to what caused the uproar, the developers decided to revert the classic Command & Conquer Sidebar Interface to a generic RTS bottombar interface, much similar to Starcraft and hoped that would solve everything. This caused an even larger outroar among the community and the some fans even committed suicide over the matter. Still clueless, the developers decide to remove all Tiberium harvesting mechanisms ingame and now there will be occasional capturable blue and green crystals depositing from the sky. The new revolutionized gameplay upsetted the community even more and after everything, the developers are still oblivious to what went wrong in the production of the game.

This is the best description of what EA doing to the C&C4.

That's what I thought too when I read it... :haha:

Here is my advise=

Take the 3 classes factions

Add a vannila faction

Remake the Nod units

Go back to base building and old C&C Formula

Add the Crawler system later in a patch or expansion

PROFIT!

Take the 3 classes factions

Add a vannila faction

Remake the Nod units

Go back to base building and old C&C Formula

Add the Crawler system later in a patch or expansion

PROFIT!

The crawler should just be what I always thought it should be, an epic late-game buildable unit. A secondary mobile forward base.

The crawler should just be what I always thought it should be, an epic late-game buildable unit. A secondary mobile forward base.

Yep. A mobile slow Unit with strong firepower and armor to tier 2 units WITH the potential to deploy 2 Tier 2 units (at a slower build space)

It would be a fantastic adding towards an assault orientated army.

lol seriously that cyborg is a joke....what in the world are they thinking making stupid stuff like that.

Do I understand the dynamic correctly, a heavily damaged nod commando can hijack a vehicle.... but not a normal strength one?

lol seriously that cyborg is a joke....what in the world are they thinking making stupid stuff like that.

I don't think that looks like a joke, **** just got real. Moreover, if it was a joke, it should be mentioned earlier. Remember the Soviet symbol replaced with a flower in it?