Sign in to follow this  
Silverthorn

Number of fans chart

Although not just C&C4 related, but as well as the whole franchise itself. Since I'm just an average fan, I wonder how many fans we got, ranged from the dawn of C&C1 until now. I wonder if any of you have an accurate chart on how many numbers of fans we have in the franchise.

Here is my calculation (With numbers which are NOT 100% accurate) :

C&C1 until YR - Numbers skyrocketed (10 million fans)

Generals & ZH - Numbers declining badly ever since Westwood died & a controversial RTS which is typically non-C&C (5-7 million)

C&C3 & KW - Numbers growing BUT at a slow rate (5.5 - 8.5 million)

RA3 & Uprising - Numbers might be steady or declining slowly (Numbers same or lower, like 4-7 million)

Announcement of C&C4 - Numbers declining at a medium pace (3-5 million)

After Tiberian Twilight name, MMO gameplay & crappy Nod unit models released - My prediction is, numbers are dropping A LOT FASTER than the time Generals was released. (0.75 - 1.5 million)

Slowly and slowly, even under new supervision, I predict the franchise will not skyrocket back to the way it was, not to mention Starcraft 2 will come out one day (whether if it's in middle 2010 or 2011).

What's your opinion? I may have many wrong facts, that's why I'm asking how's the chart going from C&C's 1st day until today.

Edited by Silverthorn

Where are you getting these numbers?

Where are you getting these numbers?

I'm only guessing them. I just wish to know how many fans we got today around the world.

I'm only guessing them.

:rofl:

Knew it...

Seriously, I'm not kidding around. Look what happens to C&C4, I'm sure you already know my predictions which are true. So far, how many fans we got from Uprising and then to C&C4. My guess is, decreasing badly.

Here is my calculation guess (With numbers which are NOT 100% accurate) (With made up numbers that could be off by 100%)

There you go, fixed.

Dude, I'm sorry. We can't take you seriously when you are conjuring numbers up out of thin air when we know your a heavily biased "westwoodian"

To save this topic the nearest things we can get on 'fans' in terms of numbers is number of sales, obviously this isn't ideal but it's the only accurate statistic i can think of atm.

Ok, I am confuse in regards to the true nature of this thread. It may seem like an EA bashing thread or Westwood embracing thread, but Silverthorn told me it wasn't. So I guess this thread has something to do that he is using the number of fans as a gauge to tell at which point of the C&C franchise start to go wrong? Another issue some of you guys pointed out that the figures are pure speculation, so the validity of this thread seems pretty bad. Maybe Silverthorn should enlighten us in regards to this confusion?

Sorry guys.

Just like sales stats for C&C, finding out the total worldwide fan base is impossible.

Maybe so, I guess it's fine for me to shut up then. Whatever I'm going to say ain't gonna go anywhere further.

EDIT : Oh, you got a point, Sonic. Forgot that the calculations that I saw last time were the sales chart, not the fan numbers chart. Well, at least I guess the numbers but there will never be an answer, the answer is both a yes & no at the same time.

Edited by Silverthorn

Son, I am disappoint.

I, too am, a Westwoodian, but I sense some improvement with the environment and the lore since C&C3, sure the gameplay mechanics are teh suck, but at least the world feels real.

Oh sorry I forgot about RA3 - dumb move EA.