Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kachina Oki

Will TibEd2 let us add new units and models?

Guest Kachina Oki

First i want to thank Koen for his work on TibEd2...

I've made at least 100 new models for Generals and wanted to know if TibEd will make it so i can easily place them in the game... Anyone who has modded Generals knows what a pain it is to add a new model... it would be nice if TibEd2 can help do this :D

I've made at least 100 new models for Generals and wanted to know if TibEd will make it so i can easily place them in the game... Anyone who has modded Generals knows what a pain it is to add a new model... it would be nice if TibEd2 can help do this :D

Can't really say anything about this yet... I have to work on 'add unit' (cloning of existing units) first (for alpha 11). I don't even know how to add a model to Generals so I will have to investigate that later.

UPDATE: ADDING UNITS IS FOUND IN ALPHA 11 AND LATER

Made this topic sticky, hoping that people will stop asking if current TibEd 2 supports adding units: No.

Please wait for a later version to add this.

thanx for suggesting that for alpha 11.

Ps koen i hav Alpha 10

Give me a shout when thats ready

I was wondering if I can let the US superweapons general build some crusader tanks... Looks like I just have to keep dreaming...

Guest Joeb2000
I was wondering if I can let the US superweapons general build some crusader tanks... Looks like I just have to keep dreaming...

Uhh you can use a crusader tank as super gen. You cannot add any units but you could have an emperor tank (from china tank general) on super gen side or GLa or what ever. You just have to edit prerequisits (Which saddly at the moment you can only change the first so if it has 2 or more you have to build the other ones) But luckly for you Super gen already has a crusader tank ready to go.

Follow these simple instructions to enable your crusader as Super gen.

1. Open tibed and go to "Command Sets"

2. Expand the list and go to "SupW_AmericaWarFactoryCommandSet"

3. Inside this section there is the list of everything that is built by the super gen war factory in one of the blank slots (I just use the first one) Insert this line "SupW_Command_ConstructAmericaTankCrusader"

And Bam there you go. Save it, export it, and you are ready to go.

Like I said Super gen already had a Crusader. To add say the emporer tank to another gen would be a little more work. I have done it. With tibed the way it is now you can even make a gen the boss gen. It is easier than you might think.

BUT IT IS VERY POSSIBLE

So Dont think just because you cant clone yet means you cant use what is already there.

P.S. Koen great job on tibed 1 and 2 is coming along nicely but could you please allow us to edit all of the prerequisits and other things like that. Like everything the shows up in the viewer.

Guest Joeb2000

Uhh Sorry no edit in this forum. But I thought Alpha 11 was already out that is what i have been using for a while now, or was that not supposed to be released, and it just somehow got out.

Alpha 11 and 12 prerelease are out, so it is now possible. Topic unstickied, and let it sink into oblivion.