Sign in to follow this  
Okapis Rule

Yuri's Revenge Connection Problem

Here goes...

I have a copy of Red Alert and Yuri's Revenge, and I played Yuri's Revenge online. I then installed it on my brother's computer using the same code, and therefore, the online did not work on his computer. After a while we figured out why, and so we gave up our hopes of playing together. So recently I bought him C&C the first decade for the sole purpose that we could play online together. Before installing the game, I uninstalled the other version, but not the saved games, custom maps, ect. I then installed the first decade CD and it said that I had to uninstall the internet components or it would probably mess the game up. So, not seeing the uninstall button, I went and manually deleted the folder. Then it had the "warning screen", but the box that showed the problems was empty. So I clicked continue anyway, and installed the game with the codes that came with the packet. (I don't know if that was the problem or not.) I then started Yuri's Revenge (the intro movie did not play) and went to internet, and custom game. It did what it had before and said that he did not have a legit code. I deleted his account, because I thought that he might have to make a new account to play. However, there is now no way to make a new account. The manage account button brings you to the screen that always says that it couldn't connect to the internet. So I would like to know what we have to do to play together. Does "The First Decade" have anything that prevents you from installing it multiple times so I shouldn't uninstall it?

Please help, I would really like to play Yuri's Revenge with my brother.

Thanks, and have a Merry Christmas.

Just uninstall TFD entirely then make sure the original Westwood installs of Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge are gone. Download CCleaner to ensure ALL of your entries are removed. Reboot then reinstall whatever you want from TFD.

Should work better with the registry cleaning and the reboot. I use Westwood installs and my brother has TFD and we can LAN fine.

I uninstalled the whole thing and everything I could find relating to Yuri's Revenge, but in the installation it said the following problems... but the box was blank. The intro did not play and I have no clue how to make a new account.

I was able to log in with my account from my computer on my brother's computer, I just need to know how to make an account, and possibly where to find his extra game files. CCleaner does not work on his computer for some reason.