Sonic

Sneak Peek at Something New for C&C in 2010

In early 2010 a brand new medium, never created for the Command & Conquer franchise before, will be launched. So until then, here is a quick sneak peek at what's to come....

CnCSneakPeekImage_s.jpg

Actually Comics ain't new. I remember seeing some crazy comics made by some C&C fans quite a long while back.

I remember seeing some crazy comics made by some C&C fans quite a long while back.

Even I have made C&C comics. Fan made ≠ official.

Wow, super vague. Tiberium ravaged London... pretty special.

C&C comics? The more C&C comics there are, the more likely there may be a C&C movie. I wonder what Kane looks like in the comics?

I hope I don't want to hear another new painful C&C game, such as RA4. People mostly wanted a Generals 2, not C&C4 or even RA4.

People mostly wanted a Generals 2, not C&C4 or even RA4.

You say this based on what?

I hope I don't want to hear another new painful C&C game, such as RA4. People mostly wanted a Generals 2, not C&C4 or even RA4.

DOUBT it!I TRULY doubt it! What people want more is the classic C&C formula and a C&C FPS, not Generals 2

Wow... everyone is so negative.

Am I the only one who loves comics?

Am I the only one who loves exploring the fiction of the universe?

(I assume these will be prequels to set the stage for C&C4.)

Generals 2 would be rather interesting actually. Amazingly, EA have saturated my desire to play yet another iteration of Red Alert & Tiberium games.... It could have something to do with them releasing one nearly every year...

Interesting? Even the first one had no story...

I wish they'd make a comic based on C&C1 instead.

I would like to see a comic tie up all the loose ends not covered in C&C4 actually. (Better than an intel database entry.)

Interesting? Even the first one had no story...

Sure, but no one played Generals for the story. ;)

I play all games for the story. Generals was boring.

I would like to see a comic tie up all the loose ends not covered in C&C4 actually. (Better than an intel database entry.)

No. I have nothing wrong with them making comics, but they had better not be story-significant. Not everyone is going to want to buy comics, and they are a poor substitute for wrapping up a storyline. Just because canceled TV shows do it does not make it optimal for computer games to follow suit.

The only way I would accept a comic as story-significant was if it was an e-comic included within the game itself (physical copies could also be available in that case) and not as a preorder/premium release bonus either.

Sure, but no one played Generals for the story. ;)

Only because it had none. If there was one, the game would have been twice as good (putting it above mediocre).

Wow... everyone is so negative.

Am I the only one who loves comics?

Am I the only one who loves exploring the fiction of the universe?

(I assume these will be prequels to set the stage for C&C4.)

Because I don't like chasing after every copy of the comics. Comics collection is a pretty expensive hobby. I rather have a PC game, movie, cartoon or TV series and get over with it.

Guest Stevie_K

A C&C comic would be cool. A C&C book however would be awesome. I love sci-fi books, and especially ones that relate to movies or games.

The only way I would accept a comic as story-significant was if it was an e-comic included within the game itself (physical copies could also be available in that case) and not as a preorder/premium release bonus either.

Heh. I wasn't expecting anything else. Some sort of daily/weekly strip available at their website to inspire the imagination. The Novel, apparently didn't do too well, so why waste money forecasting and risking the expenditure of a physical print-run?

C&C4 web-comic ftw.

Some sort of daily/weekly strip available at their website to inspire the imagination.

As long as it isn't story-significant...

The Novel, apparently didn't do too well,

No really? :P

Hmm, this makes us one step closer to...

Comic -> Graphic Novel -> Anime OVA

squeeeebymosspluse.jpg

squeeeeee!

:P

The Novel, apparently didn't do too well, so why waste money forecasting and risking the expenditure of a physical print-run?

Ah yes the Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars novel by Keith R. A. DeCandido.

ccnovelcover.jpg

I probably shouldn't be mentioning this but what the hell, its been awhile now. I remember speaking with David Silverman when I was at EALA back in June 2008 for the RA3 summit. Even he thought the novel was ****. He was C&C's Product Manager, meaning he had approval on where and when the C&C name was to be used. He didn't want the book to see the light of day because the author did a crap job. But the "higher ups" wanted it so it got published anyway.