Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

CNCNZ.com Presents: 2009 - A Year in Review

With 2009 quickly coming to a close its time look back on the year that was for Command & Conquer and the community. The highs, the lows and biggest news stories have all been covered in our 2009 - A Year in Review article. Its about 6000 words, from January through to December, spanning the release of Red Alert 3: Uprising all the way yesterdays news about something new for C&C in 2010.

yr2009.jpg

Click here or on the promo image above to read it. And sort of hidden in that image is a very minor peek at some stuff lined up for CNCNZ.com in the new year.

Guest Stevie_K

Pretty much sums up everything. Nice article :thumbsup:

I wonder how 2010 will be for C&C. Especially whether C&C4 will be an success.

And sort of hidden in that image is a very minor peek at some stuff lined up for CNCNZ.com in the new year.

A power surge that knocks the servers offline?! :o

What the f... there is a map generator for Red Alert 3?? Impossible eh EA? Impossible?? :P

Hope someone creates one for C&C4 too, EAs programmers are probably not good enough this time around either, well it was impossible for them so they cant be as good as whoever proved them wrong. right? :P

A power surge that knocks the servers offline?! :o

Not exactly :) Its more like the circular looking part of the image. Part of a new logo that will be featured more prominently in 2010. Also seen in this image.

yr2009.jpg

If anyone spots any spelling errors or something doesn't make sense please let me know. I have proof read it all myself twice, but mistakes always seem to get through ;)

And remember if something appears to be missing, like some sort of mod release or similar news it means we never covered in all the news updates this year or I simply forgot to include it.

Its more like the circular looking part of the image. Part of a new logo that will be featured more prominently in 2010. Also seen in this image.

Circle, huh? Kind of a 360°/365 day thing?

If anyone spots any spelling errors or something doesn't make sense please let me know. I have proof read it all myself twice, but mistakes always seem to get through

Do you seriously want them all? There are a few... :P

Wow that is a long article. I've read about a third, I'll read the rest at a later stage me thinks.

Do you seriously want them all? There are a few... :P

Send me a PM, less embarrassment that way ;)

Plus, once I finish editing the latest Roundtable I'll be giving it another read through myself.

Wow that is a long article. I've read about a third, I'll read the rest at a later stage me thinks.

Like I said its around 6000 words and I just added another paragraph about the MEC2 release towards the end. So there's some more.

This is my favourite bit:

To close the month, both CNC World and the C&C Comm. Center teamed together to bring us The C&C Time Machine. An archive past community sites that served the community at different periods over the years, all restored from backups. And where possible key features offered by these archived sites have been included. Some of the sites are Westwood Experience, Tiberium-MW and CnC Matrix. There is even Westwood's old site from 1997.

:P