Sonic

C&C 4 Unit Profile - Nod Stealth Tank

The latest Command & Conquer 4 unit profile has been posted on the Official C&C Site. And this one features a look at one the most classic units, the Nod Stealth Tank. And as always this profile features a short in game video, concept art and extra information. Here is a sample....

thumb_concept44.jpg thumb_concept43.jpg

The White Lady's custom vehicle is the template for Nod's recently introduced 4th generation Stealth Tank, and for good reason; it is an improvement in every regard over the previous generation. Whereas the loss of a single wheel would have disabled a 3rd generation Stealth Tank, this new incarnation returns to the four tread design to focus on reliability and manoeuvrability, especially in harsh climates like snow and desert. The fourth tread also allows for more weight to be carried, allowing the use of the heavier, reinforced sloped armor for superior protection. In the weapons department, the Stealth Tank is configured to fire all loaded rockets in rapid succession for a very powerful volley against either air or ground targets. The system can take several seconds to fully reload, but the pilot can fire the rockets individually as they are loaded if immediate firepower is required.

Click here for the full Nod Stealth Tank profile.

Gotta laugh at the unit profile, if at first you don't succeed and fail 2 times more, then its time to call in Nod! ^_^

I wonder if we will learn more of this, Alyssa women.

I love that they are returning to the 4 wheeled design of the first 2 stealth tanks.

Glad to see the stealth tank back, but as for the design wise, its ok but I wish it could be better and sleeker. Yea pretty interesting story there. Who's that Alyssa? Hope to see her in one of the C&C4 FMVs.

I like the four wheel thing, but it looks like it has bunny ears... :/

They should have release pictures/videos of this stealth tank with blue crates upgrades. Lol.

I see several flaws I would change with this unit, however, despite the quantity of faults, I actually think this unit is a vast improvement over some of the other Nod units.

Vast improvement = only twice as ugly as anything C&C3 had to offer, up from 3-5 times.

First off, the main body looks like a beetle's exoskeleton, which may not be a bad thing under certain circumstances, but in this case, I don't think it fits.

Secondly, the frontal tank treads are not doing anything. The profile mentions weight distribution, but the main mass is so far in the back, 95% of the weight is going to be on the rear treads. Even the C&C3 Stealth Tank, as ugly as it was, had proper weight balance on its treads.

Thirdly, the "bunny ear" rocket pods look very stupid. Also like hazards for low flying aircraft, they should add some lights to the things so they don't cause airborne collisions. If Nod was smart (which apparently they most definitely are not), they would put cameras on top of those things, that way they could reveal the whole map with their excellent heightened perspective over the battlefield.

Finally, this is only in the unit profile, so it isn't a big deal, but it is said:

Whereas the loss of a single wheel would have disabled a 3rd generation Stealth Tank, this new incarnation returns to the four tread design to focus on reliability and manoeuvrability
Sure, if it lost a front tread, it would keep running, because as I said, they aren't doing anything. However, if it were to lose a rear tread, it would be just as disabled as anything else.

Secondly, the frontal tank treads are not doing anything. The profile mentions weight distribution, but the main mass is so far in the back, 95% of the weight is going to be on the rear treads. Even the C&C3 Stealth Tank, as ugly as it was, had proper weight balance on its treads.

Yeah this also bothers me. It's a tank for God's sake.

Guest Stevie_K

Relax, they're not real tank engineers :P

The design is cool (one of the "prettier" nod units so far).

Relax, they're not real tank engineers :P

No kidding, but any idiot could tell you that tanks are big and heavy. There is no reason for all that weight to be so unbalanced imo.

Guest Stevie_K

Honestly, this is an issue they have to worry the least about. There's other units on the edge of being pokémons.

This unit ain't that bad. move on.

Honestly, this is an issue they have to worry the least about. There's other units on the edge of being pokémons.

This unit ain't that bad. move on.

this :P

It's true that there are other units that could use a makeover more desperately than this Stealth Tank, but it's just a design problem that permeates their entire pipeline.

Guest Stevie_K

Whether the unit designs are practical and logic, have never really been that big a deal in C&C, as long as they look neat and are within the border of the C&C style.

I think it's a matter of taste with this one, apart from other units which simply looks dumb.

hmmm...didnt see this one when submitting STank post.

anyway...i dont like the 4th gen design.