Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Nmenth presents:

Paradigma mod has been cancelled, all resources are now being made public, see this topic.

I have been a Yuri's Revenge modder for quite a few years now and my skills have improved greatly over that time (more quickly since joining CNCNZ.com, I might add). All of my work is private though, so none of you all ever gets to see it. :( <-That's you, not me.

My mods are all 100% my own work, despite not being public, I have never, nor ever will borrow, steal, or in any other way acquire some other modder's work. This is not a matter of morals, ethics, or any such thing, but solely my pride.

Although I take occasional time to update my oldest mods with cleaner codes, and maybe take care of a small Missing name or two, most of my recent time has been spent on one mod intended to balance and add to the standard game (not unlike the purpose of many other mods out there, one reason I do not go public).

So after spending the last two days on this new building (probably ~20 hours), I figured, why not show it off?

This is the build-up animation of my new Fusion Reactor, it also includes 5 of the 96 active animation frames at the end. I intentionally slowed it slightly while turning it into a gif so you have time to watch it, I also left off the shadows:

Fusion.gif

The stationary building with its damaged conditions and all of its active animations are also finished, but I am not going to post those. Its Cameo and snow versions are not done yet.
This is only one of many new things my latest mod is going to feature and you will never see. ^_^

The Paradigma website can be see here.

that seems realy hard work to me and its so nice work :thumbsup::clap:

Barring the out of place Tiberian Sun pieces, that's an exceptional piece of cut and paste work. I may have to remove that Allied logo and use that for civilian eye candy. :P

I love how this rises like a Westwood creation, there's no jumpy parts and it doesn't overdo the remap. You should really consider releasing assets here and there. It'd be fantastic to have a new artists in the community. Trust me... we need a new one.

Barring the out of place Tiberian Sun pieces

I wanted,

A: it to look higher tech, as it is supposed to be an advanced fusion reactor power plant only available to one country, and

B: to have a dome. I really wanted a dome.

Grabbing the GDI tech dome was my third choice. The power turbine was more of an afterthought. I wanted to use the turbine somewhere, and a power plant seemed like the most logical place. It also served to take up some empty space without boring objects like antennas or ventilation fans. I changed the tech dome from gold/red to bronze/blue though and only the base ring on the turbine is remappable red.

Technically, I only took the dome from TS though, since the turbine was never removed from the art. :P

Components also used: Allied Conyard (the hexagonal foundation), Allied Refinery (the tiny pipes on the right side), Allied Battle Lab (the logo and concrete wall on the left side), Soviet Shipyard (the stairway), and Tech Secret Lab (the thick curved pipe and small windows). The remainder was done by me.

For this build-up animation, I did not use any cut and pastes from the build-ups of the components. It was entirely reverse constructed, one frame at a time.

Wow, this is very unique, despite it looking awesome.

If this were public, i would possibly be using it in my mod.

(Edit: this building design has since been retired.)

I'll give you all another treat.

I wanted to try making a building with no cut and pastes to see how good I could get them on my own.

Well, I didn't quite make it, this new Airfield for Yuri has 1 cut and paste, the little radar dish from Yuri's Command Center:

yuriair.gif

The build-up, which I think are the best animations, isn't done yet, so this is just 8 frames of the undamaged active animation at real-time speed.

After this, I will probably fall back on lazy modder's cut and pastes again (it is so much faster), but what do you think of my 99% Nmenth-drawn project?

Regarding releasing my arts... I'd only let them go to modders that I know fairly well or can be vouched for by someone I really know and to be used only in mods I can appreciate. I will never let them go fully public to be grabbed by any nooblit, imbecile, or thief that wants to slap them in a infinite-money mod, whether they are willing to give me credit or not. Getting credit for my work is less important to me than my work being used by someone and for something that deserves it.

If someone liked my style and they fit my standards, I would even consider designing an exclusive art for them, but I'll say this now, my standards are high and people do not earn my respect easily.

Is it just me or does RA2 graphics always look better in-game and not in images.

I've been getting that feeling ever since i re-started on my mod.

Of course they look better in-game...

As would a single tree from a painting look better in its original scene, or a paragraph from a novel make more sense if you read the book as a whole.

As the game loses its value without images, so too do images lose value without the game.

Have you named your mod yet? If so, what's the name?

I wish you have been a RA3 modder. It would look more awesome if it's developed as a RA3 mod.

Have you named your mod yet? If so, what's the name?

No, I didn't really feel it needed one, since it is a private mod.

I wish you have been a RA3 modder. It would look more awesome if it's developed as a RA3 mod.

Graphics are nice, but they don't make the game. YR > RA3.

Must be about time to share some more juicy artwork...

This time my gift to all you CNCNZ onlookers is a smaller and more simple structure.

Here is my new Field Hospital, increased in size for easier viewing. Eight SHP frames condensed into four gif frames: Generic, Generic+damaged, Snow, Snow+damaged (with shadows).

medtent.gif

In my mod, this will be buildable by France only and will function as the Civilian Hospital did in RA2; insert hurt infantry, and they emerge a second later fully healed. It will be a prerequisite for the Medic unit too, which is also exclusive to France.

It may not resemble it anymore, but I used the Tiberian Sun greenhouses as a base model for this.

I finally put all of my SHPs into a mix file today, I currently have 95 SHPs... unfortunately, I'm no where near finished yet with how many more I plan to make. :(

This is my 'wants Nmenth's mod face' > :(

Well, I just finished my first functioning voxel, so how better could I celebrate this accomplishment than to post it here?

The three pictures below show its original form, the Tiberian Sun Apache, followed by my first redesign which only went by the name ATTCPTR. It was originally going to become a special unit restricted to Cuba, but that idea was scrapped and left me unsure whether to make it the Havoc for the Soviets, or keep the Apache identity if I give it to the Allies. Finally I decided it was to be an Allied Apache, but it didn't look enough like the real thing, so I redesigned again to make the third image. After building a Hind for the Soviets though, I realized the Apache wasn't very powerful looking and fixed it again, maybe for the last time...

It has a nose-mounted machine gun which will be used for tearing apart infantry and two side-mounted rocket pods for use against vehicles/structures.

Copter1.jpg TS Apache

Copter2.jpg First design

Copter3.jpg Second design

Copter4.jpg Third design

...enjoy! :)

Special bonus!

Apache's new Cameos:

Copter0.jpg

Little experiment.

In my mod, there will be a multiplayer mode in which each faction can build epic units (not unlike Kane's Wrath). I had previously made a few maps with these 'epic units' and my friend really enjoyed them, but there was a small problem that if you didn't want epic units, you couldn't turn them off. So I decided to reintroduce them in my new mod, but as a new multiplayer mode, just like normal battle, except epic units are available.

My last epic unit maps were lost with a hard drive crash, so they all will have to be recoded from scratch, which is fine, because I can make them better than before.

My Yuri faction needed a new attack helicopter to balance with the new Allied Apache and Soviet Hind, but the designs were ending up too powerful. So I was casually thinking about this epic project of which I hadn't started yet (and didn't plan to, the epic units and MP mode are not supposed to be made until my mod is nearly done). In my rough plan, I wanted Yuri to have a rather large unit that was both imposing and a reflection of his egotistical side.

The idea was a robot with Yuri's head called the Monolith (or Colossus). Unfortunately, a walking robot is a little more complicated than I wanted, so I scaled back to just the head when I remembered the mission with the Yuri busts.

How convenient that the Yuri heads on those statues were imposing, egotistical, and already voxels.

Wasting no time, I extracted the "turret" and adjusted it to be remappable, then added the VXL, HVA, ArtMD entries, and coded the Allied Amphibious Transport to use the image.

Behold the results of the first test, the potential future Yuri Monolith:

tmp-50.jpg

I realized at some point during this that it resembled the Uprising unit, however, despite appearances, the concepts are unrelated.

The unit code is BGHD, which could mean BiG HeaD, but it doesn't. It actually stands for Big Giant Head of Doooom!

Now that I have finished the test, I can go back to my main focuses and stash the Yuri Monolith away until I reach that point in my mod.

Wants beta/alpha/st00f

:thumbsup: nice work...

I would like if you pit the BGHD for download...

PLEASEEEEE ^_^

Hey Nmenth - this is the first time I've seen any of your work.

It's good. I will be interested to see the final result.

I will be interested to see the final result.

You wish! Hah hah! :P

If you could see all of what I'm not showing you, it could cause sudden fainting episodes.

There are actually flaws in the Fusion Reactor animation that I have since fixed in the game version. I'm 90% sure I'll be scrapping the Yuri Airport, it falls below standard. The BGHD is still in its very early prototype stage and is prone to changes at any moment.

I should probably throw another sample up here, but I'll have to find something in my stash of goodies that is juicy enough to catch your interest, but not too good for you (like the magnificent Allied epic unit prototype, the Chrono Vortex).

You wish! Hah hah! :P

You know I mean the completed mod... don't you?

There are actually flaws in the Fusion Reactor animation that I have since fixed in the game version. I'm 90% sure I'll be scrapping the Yuri Airport, it falls below standard.

I agree that it's not as good as the fusion reactor, but I don't like to criticise so I didn't mention it. I think it's the angle, it's missing the more traditional 45 degree angle effect.

You know I mean the completed mod... don't you?

I agree that it's not as good as the fusion reactor, but I don't like to criticise so I didn't mention it. I think it's the angle, it's missing the more traditional 45 degree angle effect.

Yes, my mod is a private mod. I currently have no plans to ever release it publicly.

The Yuri Airbase was an experiment, it didn't come out as well as I had hoped.

Ok, my latest treat.

This is the Infector, a Brute injected with excessive chemicals to push his body to the very limits it can handle. This allows it to run faster, take a greater beating, and do it all while carrying a barrel of toxic waste on his back. Naturally, this many chemical enhancements would shorten the Brute's lifespan to a matter of days, but that is just as well as Yuri has no intention of keeping these guys alive.

The Infectors are suicide bombers, when their barrel is smashed open, clouds of noxious gasses collected as hazardous byproducts from the Bio Reactors and Cloning Vats are released. These vile gasses are equivalent, albeit more concentrated, to the Virus sniper rifle, spreading exponentially as long as there are more people around to be infected. A single wave of chaos gas will also prevent those poor souls within the immediate vicinity of the Infector's explosion from escaping the following poisons as they go berserk and start shooting at their own comrades.

Infector.gif

tmp-56.jpg

If your mod is private, what's the point in even posting this?

Because I can. :P

Seriously though, its because I've been saying I was a modder since I joined these forums, with these images, I am proving it.

I also like to see what people think of my work.

This is pretty cool, and bloody frustrating at the same time, you could just release it to those who specifically ask for it via PM with a licence of some kind.