Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Nmenth presents:

The image looks pretty good ;)

Hmm, I never noticed this topic. This looks very promising though, keep it up ;)

Well then, I should show off something new, shouldn't I?

Yuri's new non-powered, anti-infantry defense, the Partisan.

This is its build-up animation followed by its damaged conditions:

Partisan.gif

And its cameo:

particon.jpg

Here's the building description from the Paradigma website:

With both his Gatling Cannons and Psychic Towers relying on power to operate, Yuri found that his bases were extremely vulnerable when the power was down. The Allies and Soviets both had at least minimal defenses still running on low power, so Yuri brought in the Partisan, an enclosure housing a cybernetic brain that will focus on nearby enemies and project pyrokinetic hotspots onto them just like his Initiates. With this new defense, the Gatling Cannons were no longer needed for anti-infantry and could be dedicated to anti-aircraft only.

I must say that your mod looking amazing so far. Well done :thumbsup:

Edited by Tesla Trooper

That is pretty nifty sir. I've never tried modding the classics.

"the classics"? I think I'm the one modding those...

The Red Alert 2: Paradigma website is now public! :dance:

Does this mean the mod will have a public release too? Why, yes it does!

I have planning this for quite a while now, but I wanted my website to be ready for the announcement. Unfortunately, Google sites are a little... restricting, and the site may look different depending on your monitor resolution and internet browser.

The purpose of Paradigma is some faction balancing, but primarily it is about expanding faction diversity, giving every house two new unique units, two new buildings, two standard units built as veterans, and two country modifier bonuses. In addition is the Epic game mode in which each faction gets an epic unit (like Kane's Wrath).

Want to know exactly how long to completion? Well I've embedded a checklist accessible from the front page that lists every single item I need to do, which I will try to keep accurate. The website, like the mod, is not finished and will still be updated as time passes.

Now go have a look!

Care for proper mod hosting?

What does that entail?

More space, a home at FS, an actual forum on the boards, a fairly supportive and helpful community... you know, a little visibility.

I mean, what do I have to do? Do I have to rebuild my site? How do I go about becoming hosted?

You register on the boards, send me a PM with your FTP login credentials and a description (and title) for your forum section.

Red Alert 2: Paradigma now has its own forums hosted at freedomstudios. There isn't much to see there yet, but you can drop by if you want.

Most new pictures I post there I will also continue to post here.

I LOL'd on the Stolen Tech section, especially on the Ambusher ^_^

Will you make videos of Paradigma any time soon?

Will you make videos of Paradigma any time soon?

Doubtful, I don't have a working screen capture program (HyperCam isn't working out like I had hoped), and most of my units are not actually coded yet. The pictures I have are merely regular units with new images attached, so showing them in motion wouldn't serve much purpose.

Then I'd like to recommend CamStudio. It is tricky with sound recording, but it gets the job done. Can't wait to see the Ambusher's and Berserker's SHP ^_^

Can't wait to see the Ambusher's and Berserker's SHP ^_^

Ambusher won't look all that special, just a Yuri with extra frames for swimming.

The Berserker will be a new unit, and his motion will be rather... unique, but that also means it will take a while to finish the SHP (I have started on it though).

Whew. You've just given me reason enough to wipe the dust of my copy of RA2 and YR. Impressive work, and even more so considering everything is your solo work!

Btw, Fraps would do well in video capturing. Just make sure you have lots of HDD space when recording in full size. It's pretty effective for any game (hell, if it recorded StarCraft ONE perfectly, it sure as hell would work on anything newer).

Whew. You've just given me reason enough to wipe the dust of my copy of RA2 and YR. Impressive work, and even more so considering everything is your solo work!

Well, considering I do everything myself from scratch, it will take some time yet before this mod will require you to dust off your YR disk.

I'd estimate, if I worked on it consistently (which I don't), it would take at least 6 months to complete. I wouldn't be surprised though, if I didn't release it until 2012.

In the mean time, I'll keep posting goodies to hold you all over until then. :)

Actually it's been awhile since my last sample... I should look through my stash and dig up something good to post...

Btw, Fraps would do well in video capturing. Just make sure you have lots of HDD space when recording in full size. It's pretty effective for any game (hell, if it recorded StarCraft ONE perfectly, it sure as hell would work on anything newer).

Starcraft one is not a measure for recording software quality. With CamStudio 2.0 (I haven't yet tried 2.6b) you can get perfect quality recordings in games like Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2, but it gets all twitchy on 3D-based games, and as a bonus you get a framerate drop in both the game and the recording, no matter how advanced your computer is.

ehh... Starcraft 1 isn't 3D. In fact, it's 100% sprite-based, like C&C1 and RA1.

@Nyerguds, yup. Correct. Fraps works well on any game I've tried, be it POP, SC, Cabal Online (and that game, despite it's age, hogs system resources), Sims (from 1 to 3), etc...

In short, it's an all-around video game recording tool. There's also this nifty software (though it's not freeware) called GameCam; I've heard great stuff about it, though I never used it. And I have to note, Fraps does have a framerate drop; it has an automatic measurement of your framerate, both while recording and not recording. It reduces the framerate to exactly what you specify (usually that would either be 30 or 29 frames per second), so your output has the exact framerate used for videos online.

@Nmenth, if you need any help in converting videos and uploading them, I can help. I've had some experience capturing in-game videos and converting them to perfect 720-p for YouTube. >:D

ehh... Starcraft 1 isn't 3D. In fact, it's 100% sprite-based, like C&C1 and RA1.

Who said SC1 was 3D? I most certainly didn't.

Well it's not super special, but here's something I just finished a little tweaking on.

ngclrb.gif

The generic animation without shadows of the Cuban Cluster Rocket Base defensive weapon.

Probably should have doubled the size for easy viewing, but oh well.

From the Paradigma site:

The Cluster Rocket Base launches a long-ranged rocket over enemy troops where it then separates into several bomblets that drop down across a wide area. Because it is somewhat inaccurate, has a low rate of fire, and has its effective damage spread out, it is most useful against larger numbers of enemies.