Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Not Another C&C Mystery Announcement

German C&C fan site, CnC-Inside, posted this mysterious looking, and intentionally disguised, screen shot claiming it has something to do with Command & Conquer that should be officially announced in the next few days. Check it out for yourself and make your best guess.

cncmystery_s.jpg

My guess is it could be something related to that sneak peek at a brand new medium, never created for the Command & Conquer franchise before that we posted about just before the end of 2009. Or it's something else completely different.

wow this is a rather strange image

seems to be the modified official CNC website page.

I guess that ruins the fun...

I can confidently say I have no idea what that is, or could be.

-APOC

lol, now thats either true and this site just tries to make some noise for its self, or our firend Apoc is a good lier :P hehe

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I can confidently say I have no idea what that is, or could be.

-APOC

Well I could never figure out if this was an official EA thing or not. And so with APOC's reply there its not.

And the more I think about it, I think its probably something to do with CnC-Inside themselves. Like they are launching a brand new site or something. If that is this case this news post will be removed.

Nah, it's community news if it's a new site. Just give the topic a new title if that is the case.

It's a new site design, the bar on top fits exactly the networks bar, other elements are also very similar to the newer design that is already used some months here: http://www.hdr-inside.de/

btw: what happend to this forum? Why can't I set it to show me some posts like every forum does? This tree at the end of the site where you have to click on every single post just sucks Oo

btw: what happend to this forum? Why can't I set it to show me some posts like every forum does? This tree at the end of the site where you have to click on every single post just sucks Oo

Something has changed your forum view settings. How you view the forum threads is up to you. To change back to the standard view click on the Options menu (top right of the page), under Display Modes select Standard. You need to be viewing a thread to make this change.

Something has changed your forum view settings. How you view the forum threads is up to you. To change back to the standard view click on the Options menu (top right of the page), under Display Modes select Standard. You need to be viewing a thread to make this change.

Thanks but I don't have an Option thing there. Also under My Controls where its normally located it doesn't show up

Trust me its there ;) You need to be on page for viewing/reading a thread. E.G. the page your reading now. Top right of the page is the Options menu. Looks like this....

image2dg.png

A compendium for C&C4 perhaps?

That would mean the NDA is about to end...

Though my best bet is that it's a new skin for C&C-inside based on C&C4. Just like how the current one is based on RA3 and how they had a skin based on C&C3 before that.

They probably made it a "mysterious C&C-related announcement" (which it is...in a way), to attract the attention of other sites and the community.

Edited by Alex06

I originally saw this news on CNC Sage, its from CnC-Inside.... so I guess somewhere, something has been lost in translation :)

Looks like CNC-Inside no longer works, it redirects to its host website, figh7club.

Looks like my theory may have been correct, they're just rolling out a redesign for their website.

I dislike the fact that they're making it mysterious to try and attract more viewers. That is why I'm not hiding my theory. :P

Edited by Alex06

Site works for me, but its a bit messed up. Found this little note though...

Bedanken möchten wir uns zu guter Letzt übrigens auch noch bei unseren nationalen und internationalen Kollegen, die die gestrige Ankündigung so zahlreich aufgegriffen haben (zum Beispiel CnC-Saga, CnC-Russia, CNCNZ, CNCczech, CNCHQ und CnC-Welten).

To our international partners: We think this is a great example of networking in between the C&C community. Fast, fluid and fun spreading of news. This actually wasn't our ultimate intention and we therefor want to apologies for any false expectations. Still, thank you for promoting this launch - we'll see you on the battlefield!

http://www.cnc-inside.de/news-artikel,CnC-...en,45940,1.html

Guest Stevie_K
I was 100% correct:

http://www.cnc-inside.de/

C&C-Inside redesign. They tried to hype it up to attract more viewers.

What a lame trick.:rolleyes:

It's just a new designed website for CNC-Inside, that's all. I thought it's a C&C mystery announcement from EALA.

hahahaha, oh nice move on their part. :P