Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

APOC Comments on the Future of C&C

In a post on the Official C&C Forums, community manager, APOC has briefly commented on the future of the Command & Conquer franchise. A lot of people are wondering if there will be 5th game in Tiberium storyline. There are also people who are under the impression that Command & Conquer 4 is the last Command & Conquer game to be made. This is of course totally wrong. As APOC explains below, there is more Command & Conquer coming in the future.....

C&C 4 is the end of the current Tiberium storyline, but there is a future for the Command & Conquer franchise as our new RTS leader, Jon Van Caneghem has alluded to in his interview at GamaSutra not that long ago. I will say, many of the preconceived notions from that interview are very far fetched.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, involving you, the community, in the future of the C&C franchise, will be critical and important to us.

For now, our dev team is focused on completing a great game that will be C&C 4. Just IMO, I think it may surprise.

-APOC

Click here for the original post.

C&C4 would have to bomb pretty badly for them not to make another game along the line.

EA aren't going to let this die as long as it still sells, which I have no doubt it will. :)

I would have thought people thinking it was the end were doing so on the basis of rumours about the team being laid off after the game ships rather than because it's the last in the Tiberium series.

I find myself in a situation that I would never have imagined seven years ago - I'm hoping the next game is either a Generals game or they chuck everything about the last few 'proper' C&C games in the bin and come up with something new.

Guest Stevie_K

I find it hard to believe the tiberium storyline comes to an end. For me, the fact that the story had no real end, was part of the game and story itself.

A complete new story not too far away from original C&C concept, would be exiting imo. I just hope it stays in the RTS genre. FPS's are not EA's strong point imo.

The Tiberium storyline ends with "this"... sad, very sad.

The current Tiberium storyline ends with "this"... sad, very sad.

You forgot a word there. Either that or you missed the point of the topic.

FPS's are not EA's strong point imo.

Unfortunately it's the same thing with EA and RTS too.

Edited by mirza044

Oh I wouldn't say that, the Battlefield series is pretty good.

Guest Stevie_K

1942 and BF2 are good games yes, but all those expansions and ongoing packs like Vietnam, SWOWW2 and 2142 are tiresome imo. Crysis where allright too, but I wonder how much EA did with that game other than stamp their logo on it :P

After Dead Space which really disappointed me, I realized that from then on I cared more about who made the game than what it's about really. (with FPS's so to say).

Agreed, when played right it's definitely one of the better experiences out there. It's incredibly rare that it's played right on public servers unfortunately.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and the expansions were good too, though I wasn't big on the Pacific-based follow up and I haven't really followed the random console releases.